James Ruse Agricultural High (1 Viewer)

shanks27

HSC
i had an offer to Ruse in yr 6 for yr 7 and chose to decline, both my bro and sister went there but my parents and more importnatly I didn't like the feeling of the school, there was too much emphaise on marks and work and not enough co-curricular and sporting activities for me. So the main reason i declined was that i didn't like the feel of the school at all

cHoke-meh

HSC
lol theviet, are you in the same awkward situation as me? Got on reserve list and hoping someone declines the offer?

lionking1191

HSC
cHoke-meh said:
lol theviet, are you in the same awkward situation as me? Got on reserve list and hoping someone declines the offer?
they take 30 extra people for y11 don't they, should be heaps of spots up for grabs

theviet

HSC
they only take like 20 or even less >.<

which makes it harder

pissedoff

HSC
N/A
"I caught up with one of our defectors yesterday. Apparently all the 08er's got pulled in for a grade talk because they were only averaging 98.5 or something, based on their trial marks. Oo so the 99.XX could be plausible. I didn't think to ask."

the median was actually 98.95 and it was solely based on trials and people did ALOT better in the other assessments

if you get the opportunity to go to ruse. TAKE it. You might say lame things like "Ruse people don't have social lives" but the fact is if you expect a school to make a social life for you...you didn't really have one to begin with.

Or alternatively "the sport sucks" Unless you plan on representing Australia in the friggin olympics, no one gives a flying fuck if you play sport or not.

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
pissedoff said:
the median was actually 98.95 and it was solely based on trials and people did ALOT better in the other assessments
Yeah, I have a knack for remembering numbers... not. =D School's school. Chillax ~

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
theviet, people do leave James Ruse. 3 have from our grade, one went to New Zealand, one went to Redeemer and one's going to Newtown next year =[

cHoke-meh

HSC
Anyone know how many people actually get on the reserve list for Ruse? Just wondering how slim my chances really are :D

theviet

HSC
conventionally...

schools have like 5 people on the reserve list

theviet

HSC
nope.. but if it is 5 people...

then i know the other three people on the reserve list as well

they havent heard anything either

apparantly we dont have numbers on the list

Ezzzgi

HSC
I didn't apply for Ruse, even though it's really close for me. I go to Baulko instead :D Even though it's quite inaccessible...

But i have heaps of friends at Ruse; half the people in my OC went there. And they keep stealing heaps of people from our school every year! I reckon if we kept all those people we'd be smarter than Ruse :p

They put on pretty good musicals though :)

theviet

HSC
x jiim said:
theviet, people do leave James Ruse. 3 have from our grade, one went to New Zealand, one went to Redeemer and one's going to Newtown next year =[

lol.... newtown? >.<

why is that person going to newtown?

btw... is he the only one leaving this year?

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Newtown Performing Arts, yeah. He and his entire family are musos, plus he's really good at drama. Yeah, he's the only one leaving this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)