Jessica Watson... (1 Viewer)

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
ok so she sat on a boat alone for most of the year sailing around the world, but really it was the boat that went around the world, not her. i'd be slightly more impressed if she swam around the world, but still even then, meh.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I once sailed around lion island. Fucking 25 knots with the spinaker out on the way back. We were fucking hauling.

coudes

HSC
Her face is so odd. Her features may look good separately on other people but unfortunately...this is like mother nature trolling or something

muhahahahahaha

HSC
I think Jessica Watson is amazing. She is a great role model for all young peoople to follow
as she said "i dont consider myself to be a hero, im just an ordinary girl with a dream". So for all you people out there who dont appreciate what she has done, id appreciate it if you could leave ur cynical comments to yourself

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I'd appreciate it if you spelt correctly and weren't so wahwah.

Having said that I totally agree, she is fucking amazing.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
And who else hates Dr Michael Carr-Cregg, you know, the Dolly psychologist who's always on Sunrise? He wanted a law passed to stop her going in the first place and now she's back he says she's a bad influence on kids because they might do something a part from watch television and eat celery with peanut butter. What a tosser. Go wrap your own kids in cotton wool and shut your fugly trap.

HalcyonSky

HSC
And who else hates Dr Michael Carr-Cregg, you know, the Dolly psychologist who's always on Sunrise? He wanted a law passed to stop her going in the first place and now she's back he says she's a bad influence on kids because they might do something a part from watch television and eat celery with peanut butter. What a tosser. Go wrap your own kids in cotton wool and shut your fugly trap.
so are you saying we should watch television, eat celery and post on twitter except on a $300,000 yacht while its on autopilot?

yoddle

is cool
HSC
No I'm saying that he is a tosser for saying that young people shouldn't: take risks/set ambitious goals/celebrate achieving ambitious goals.

HalcyonSky

HSC
It's sunrise bro

with a guy from Dolly magazine talking

why are you even watching this

Phylo

ballin
HSC
For my "into the world" module, i might use jessica's watson story, if you read through her daily blogs, you can find many quotes that explore her transition and experiences into living at sea, I dont know what u can use for language techniques though lmao. i recommend it if anyone is struggling to find a related text

Ben1220

HSC
Good on her for reaching a personal goal and all, but why does the world need to hear about it constantly for days?...

It has been seriously overdone by the media. I can't believe that this kind of thing has the potential to interest people for so long.

HSC
so sick of hearing about her and seeing her bogan attention-whoring face plastered everywhere. this may have been amazing decades ago, but in this day and age it's hardly a great feat. comeon, the ship was probably on autopilot the whole time and rescue crews would have been a call away.

For my "into the world" module, i might use jessica's watson story, if you read through her daily blogs, you can find many quotes that explore her transition and experiences into living at sea, I dont know what u can use for language techniques though lmao. i recommend it if anyone is struggling to find a related text
you'd have to be really scraping the bottom of the barrel (i.e. you couldn't find a single revelant text from thousands of years of literature) to even consider it, what kind of literary merit could Jessica Watson's blog have?

Last edited:

Gedi-Master

HSC
you'd have to be really scraping the bottom of the battle (i.e. you couldn't find a single revelant text from thousands of years of literature) to consider, what kind of literary merit could Jessica Watson's blog have?
I think you mean barrel :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)