Just A Little Advice To High Achievers (1 Viewer)

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
nicko1990 said:
guys it's SIMPLE. if you do high scaling subjects, you have leeway to do a little worse. if you do 'low scaling' subjects, you pretty much have to smash them if you want an awesome result. it really depends on your AIM, what you LIKE, and what you're GOOD AT and WILLING TO PUT WORK INTO. be warned though, a hiccup in a 'low scaling' subject = disaster. in some cases, epic disaster.
nice results, 13unit in top band lol

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
Timothy.Siu said:
nice results, 13unit in top band lol
lol yea but in restrospect, i shouldve done 4 unit maths and dropped legal. to everyone, DO 4 UNIT MATHS. JUST DO IT. hahahaha. though i think there's hardly any doubt you'll be doing it.

yer it was a bit too 'spread out', i would rather have smashed just 10 units of it and went crap for the other 3. but whatever, i can't complain. 0.05 off a scientia, but at least i got something about the same from usyd.

dolbinau

HSC
Cinnamonster said:
Not great. You'd need a band 6 for it to scale well. A high band 5 (87+) would probably be okay too.
Creative and performing arts subjects don't scale very well.
Yes. I got 92 and it wasn't even counted towards my UAI (89 Bio and 88 Physics and even 44/50 SOR 1 was counted before it)

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
Man i never thought there would be so many posts........
But yeh, I stick to my point, that low scaling subjects are heaps bad. you really need to MAKE SURE u get 90+ for all assessments and HSC in order to get a good UAI.
For example i do 4U maths and HSC mark of 83....technically i FAILED my raw marks and still it scales so well that i still get a band 5, and also since the UAI uses scaled marks, the HSC mark of 83 then scales way up to around 98.8, and was one of the 1st subjects to be counted in my UAI.

Well... you still need to work hard, but u dont need to keep maintain 90+ for hard subjects as u know they will scale.

i played around with Einstein calculater, and if u do all the dumb subjects like gen maths, standard english etc.....
and u get all band 6s in everything u don get a very high UAI the best u can do is about a 93ish, and in order to get high 90s, u need to have a HSC mark above 95 for all of them......
i got a friend who got 2 band 6s in 3U and 4U maths and high band 5s in chem, physics etc and ended up with UAI of 99.95

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Arowana21 said:
Man i never thought there would be so many posts........
But yeh, I stick to my point, that low scaling subjects are heaps bad. you really need to MAKE SURE u get 90+ for all assessments and HSC in order to get a good UAI.
For example i do 4U maths and HSC mark of 83....technically i FAILED my raw marks and still it scales so well that i still get a band 5, and also since the UAI uses scaled marks, the HSC mark of 83 then scales way up to around 98.8, and was one of the 1st subjects to be counted in my UAI.

Well... you still need to work hard, but u dont need to keep maintain 90+ for hard subjects as u know they will scale.

i played around with Einstein calculater, and if u do all the dumb subjects like gen maths, standard english etc.....
and u get all band 6s in everything u don get a very high UAI the best u can do is about a 93ish, and in order to get high 90s, u need to have a HSC mark above 95 for all of them......
i got a friend who got 2 band 6s in 3U and 4U maths and high band 5s in chem, physics etc and ended up with UAI of 99.95
Your post just lost all its credibility.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Arowana21 said:
That's just not possible even if he got 100 in 3unit and 4unit.

georgefren

HSC
It's true that if you do 4maths and stuff it is kinda easier to get a higher uai. It's not true that " i got a friend who got 2 band 6s in 3U and 4U maths and high band 5s in chem, physics etc and ended up with UAI of 99.95" because that just doesn't work. But doing well scaling subjects does make it easier to do well as long as you do well in those subjects.

Which leaves people like me needing to get about 97 in ancient history raw to get scaled to anything halfway decent. Oh well ... it's doable, i guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)