Just A Little Advice To High Achievers (1 Viewer)

shell.q

HSC
pfft i know people that did low scaling subjects, and they got quite average uais, i know a few yrs ago my bro did not the highest scaling things n he got a higher uai then his gf who did higher scaling subjects becuase she didnt sucede.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
yeah...so if u want a high uai, u'd have to do pretty good in ur subjects if they're scaled badly...or just have more units

youngminii

Banned
HSC
shell.q said:
pfft i know people that did low scaling subjects, and they got quite average uais, i know a few yrs ago my bro did not the highest scaling things n he got a higher uai then his gf who did higher scaling subjects becuase she didnt sucede.
Thread Title said:
Just A Little Advice To High Achievers
Anyways, I'd generally go for higher scaling subjects, I would've chosen Chemistry instead of Modern if I had any idea on how scaling worked.. Oh well
I reckon scaling plays a big part =X I mean, some people just won't be able to get that really high band 6 even if they like the subject. In that sense, I'd rather do a subject with higher scaling =X

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
I have 2 fairly low scaling subjects (PDHPE and Bio) and I am not worried, all I know is that I have to achieve decent marks in these subjects.

savio23q

Band
HSC
I did shit subjects. Still managed a 93.30.

English Standard
Business studies
General maths
PDHPE
Retail

I honestly thought I was capped at high 80s. There's some motivation for the people with softer subjects.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
savio23q said:
I did shit subjects. Still managed a 93.30.

English Standard
Business studies
General maths
PDHPE
Retail

I honestly thought I was capped at high 80s. There's some motivation for the people with softer subjects.
Wow you got an awesome uai with overall low scaling subjects. Congrats.

Ajihood

HSC
kaz1 said:
A band 6 in Standard English actually scales quite high as it is difficult to get a band 6 in Standard English.
A band 6 in Standard english is worth the same as a band 6 in English Advanced (Scaled the same when in band 6)

jet

Banned
HSC
Lol, you have to be careful with your school's track record.
I picked Music 1 cause i really liked it [and my school wouldn't offer music 2 and extension just for me], in spite of the numerous fights i had with both my parents.
Turns out, i lost no marks before half yearly report and it got scaled to 84, whilst i lost 1 mark all year and my teacher fought to get it to 91.
When i asked the curriculum coordinator about it he said basically that i would suck at any other school. So im not putting my hopes in music, and ill have 7 units left over anyway, which gives me some leeway in my hsc performance.

Shezz90

HSC
ii did low scaling subjects too

business studies
gen maths
std english
business services
society & culture
studies of religion 1

& still managed to get a UAI of 93 :)

savio23q

Band
HSC
Shezz90 said:

business studies
gen maths
std english
business services
society & culture
studies of religion 1

Wooo! Go us LOL

Noob subject high achievers.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
99+ has been achieved before with General Mathematics, English Standard, Ancient History etc

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Shezz90 said:

business studies
gen maths
std english
business services
society & culture
studies of religion 1

Congrats!! That's very inspirational! I think I will copy that and paste that to all the questions asking "Can I get 90+ UAI, my subjects scale low".

Shezz90

HSC
lyounamu said:
Congrats!! That's very inspirational! I think I will copy that and paste that to all the questions asking "Can I get 90+ UAI, my subjects scale low".
thannkkss :D

yeee .. ii didnt think it was possible , i was actually expecting high 70's - low 80's buh ii got high band 5's and band 6's in my HSC , my lowest mark was 85 and highest was 93 :D

soo if yu work hard & get good marks , scaling wont effect yu as much :)

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
I consider myself having done subjects which although did not scale that great, I was passionate for, and the results speak for themselves. There is no point doing a subject on the grounds that it scales well, if you don't enjoy it and absolutely hate it, chances are that you won't be on the high end of the scaling for that course.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
ital101 said:
Hey, just a quick question: Can you get a UAI of 100 with ANY combination of subjects?
nope, because some subjects even with full marks obtained is scaled down...

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Exphate said:
Dude, the fact that you have done below average - average in teh subjects is what killed your UAI.

Destroy them. Unfortunately, most people destroy the subjects listed.

Guarenteed 99.xx UAI:-
MX2
MX1
EE1
EE2
Latin Continuers
Ext Latin
apart from the fact u cant do that, its definitely not guaranteed

munchiecrunchie

HSC
my pieces of advice:

- 13 units can be somewhat of a waste of time in retrospect. stick to 12, 11 or 10

- you can do a low scaling subject and still have it help substantially towards your uai. I did legal and got 95 for it, and it made a sigificant contribution

- be prepared for the worst. sometimes, unexpected events can happen, and the bos + uac sometimes aren't of much help. the best way to be prepared for this is to be CONSISTENT with your work, so that you're not left with piles of work in a time when you're not in a state to be able to do it.

- don't give up all your outside activities - perhaps leave one occasional activity to relax your mind a bit. its refreshing and keeps you sane, and in the long run is beneficial to your results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)