Large Hadron Collider - Death Threats (1 Viewer)

Will the Large Hadron Collider kill us XD

• Yes their will be a hole in th earth and it will Kill us

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • No nothing will happen

Votes: 88 82.2%
  • TBD (TO BE Decided) unsure

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
if the many worlds interpretation of qm is true

then we'll just continue existing int he particular universe where the LHC does NOT create a catastrophic black hole

and hence we have nothing to worry about :D

gurusson

HSC
katie tully said:
karlie cole keeps trying to add me to bebo, can the LHC particle crush her?
there was never a theory about it crushing anyone. also, they don't collide until next week, so even tho the lhc won't kill us, we still have at least one week left:graduate:

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
if the many worlds interpretation of qm is true

then we'll just continue existing int he particular universe where the LHC does NOT create a catastrophic black hole

and hence we have nothing to worry about :D
Im with you there mate. Its too small to suck an ant! An ant will survive in that thing but it will die due to heating. The world continues and you all will die from non catastrophe events.

please close this thread. To reduce panic.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
gurusson said:
there was never a theory about it crushing anyone. also, they don't collide until next week, so even tho the lhc won't kill us, we still have at least one week left:graduate:
i didnt ask if there was a theory doofus, i asked whether it was possible for the LHC to dispose of a person

HSC
katie tully said:
karlie cole keeps trying to add me to bebo, can the LHC particle crush her?
Stupid cunt shes hot as, you should defo hook her up with nick. set her up with ryan also

HSC
NorthRiversMatt said:
Im with you there mate. Its too small to suck an ant! An ant will survive in that thing but it will die due to heating. The world continues and you all will die from non catastrophe events.

REDUCE PANIC?? we're all going to die dude how can we reduce panicz?

HSC
squiresshane990 said:
REDUCE PANIC?? we're all going to die dude how can we reduce panicz?
THE FUCKEN PLANET WILL BE STILL HERE WHEN YOU WAKING UP IN MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MODS: CLOSE THIS THREAD PLZ.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
NorthRiversMatt said:

yeah, u have no idea what i'm talking about

HSC
Ok now im going to be scientist on this thread, here i go:

These black holes are tiny, and in reality aren't really "black holes" in the sense of the monsters lying out in space. They are tiny, were talking smaller than we can even see with electron microscopes. Created in a laboratory they blip in to existence, they blink back out. That is even if they are created. First of all the LHC has to be calibrated and their going to use it to be able to add on an extra decimal point to known measurements to make them more accurate. However, even if these “mini black holes” which really aren’t mini more “nano back holes” are created, they wont last long, the end of the world is not coming from them.

Plus a black hole only has the force of gravity of an object of the same mass. If a black hole had the same mass as our sun, of course that mass would be in a much smaller volume, but it would only have the same force of gravity has out sun. There for anything that’s far enough away, would just orbit the black hole like it would a star.

These “nano black holes” would have the same gravitational force to pull things in as the particle that created it, which would be around 9.1093x10^-31KG which is mind bogglingly small. So it wouldn’t have enough gravitational force to eat the universe, no where near it. The end of the world will not end, even if it does, on the off chance, on the very off change that it does due to some super morphing nano black hole we wouldn’t be around to moan about it.

HSC
NorthRiversMatt said:
Ok now im going to be scientist on this thread, here i go:

These black holes are tiny, and in reality aren't really "black holes" in the sense of the monsters lying out in space. They are tiny, were talking smaller than we can even see with electron microscopes. Created in a laboratory they blip in to existence, they blink back out. That is even if they are created. First of all the LHC has to be calibrated and their going to use it to be able to add on an extra decimal point to known measurements to make them more accurate. However, even if these “mini black holes” which really aren’t mini more “nano back holes” are created, they wont last long, the end of the world is not coming from them.

Plus a black hole only has the force of gravity of an object of the same mass. If a black hole had the same mass as our sun, of course that mass would be in a much smaller volume, but it would only have the same force of gravity has out sun. There for anything that’s far enough away, would just orbit the black hole like it would a star.

These “nano black holes” would have the same gravitational force to pull things in as the particle that created it, which would be around 9.1093x10^-31KG which is mind bogglingly small. So it wouldn’t have enough gravitational force to eat the universe, no where near it. The end of the world will not end, even if it does, on the off chance, on the very off change that it does due to some super morphing nano black hole we wouldn’t be around to moan about it.
Your brain is mind bogglingly small.

zy

HSC
yay, we 08ers don't have to study anymore!

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
OH MY FUCKING GOD We All Died 19 Minutes Ago! I always knew hell couldn't be any worse.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
by DrBradD September 9, 2008 9:51 AM PDT
Wow......the ignorance of these scientists if simply amazing. The truth is, we really DON'T KNOW what the results of the machine will be. First off, theres a high probability that black holes can be created. The stupid argument that the scientists use, "we'll be fine because cosmic rays hit Earth all the time and we're fine" is complete and utter bulls***. Cosmic rays from outer space hit STATIONARY objects on Earth, NOT OBJECTS ALSO MOVING AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT! Particles that are BOTH going the speed of light and collide does NOT happen naturally. Thats a big problem right there. Second, we're relying on black holes to disappear based on a THEORY. A THEORY!!! Thats all 'Hawking Radiation' is...an unproven theory. If he's wrong, we're all dead. Even the article states that what they believed to be true yesterday isn't true today. This means whats true today can EASILY not be true tomorrow.

If one slight calculation if off, if things dont go EXACTLY as planned, the Earth will perish.

Maybe the world wont end tomorrow, but as they increase to higher energies throughout the year I can almost guarantee something will go wrong. Cherish your last remaining moments with your loved ones and Earth....wont be around for long.
LOL, This is what I found on CNET.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-11386_3-10036245-76.html?tag=pt1318;continueButton

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
The thing I like about these loons is that you'll actually get to show them to be 100% wrong. The NWO/Religious guys always have an out.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
jezzmo said:
Call it blood lust on a massive scale..but isn't anyone else a little disappointed nothing has gone wrong yet?

Of course there's still time as they up the energy over the next few months, but I suppose in the meantime will just have to amuse with other things.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uevKxa6sjFA

Maybe a little.

Same as I sometimes plan what would happen in the event of a Cloverfield or Dawn of the Dead-style event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)