Math Advanced (1 Viewer)

maryjane05

HSC
Is the course difficult, do you think it's worth doing for only 2 units? How's the jump between standard 2 and advanced since they are both 2u

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Is the course difficult, do you think it's worth doing for only 2 units? How's the jump between standard 2 and advanced since they are both 2u
Advanced is better than standard in terms of scaling

There's a very similar thread up on BoS - check it out

indeed

HSC
I think the course is more enjoyable: calculus, trig etc. but standard is more about financial etc.

You could always give advanced a go and drop if needed

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
I would definitely choose at least advanced if you want to go into IB. Extension 1 would be better? (If your already in year 11 and chosen subjects, then dw).
Yeah, so definitely choose advanced and it also gives you the ability to drop down if you need

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
is it possible to move up to extension from advanced sorry for the confusion :kiss:
bruh why did you mix up all the letters 😭

what year are you in? pretty sure you can only take mx1 starting from year 11, so if you're in year 12 rn it's a bit late... if you're in year 11 it's also a bit late (maybe). If you're in year 10, then just take mx1 next year

carrotsss

HSC
is it possible to move up to extension from advanced sorry for the confusion :kiss:
not really, usually you’ll have something else on at the same time and if you don’t then you’d still have to move really early before your school cuts you off because it’s too late

this is why I recommend taking as many good subjects as you can in yr11 irrespective of workload, it’s a lot easier to drop down subjects than it is to move up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)