Multiple choice for Mathematics and for Mathematics Extension One HSC, wtfs? (1 Viewer)

TheTurtle

HSC
I'd say to save money on markers...
Anyway, I think some people will scrape a few more marks than if they weren't there, but overall I doubt there will be much change

Caboufram

HSC
N/A
Are they going to be worth one mark each though?

Aysce

HSC
Meh. Don't really mind, but apparently there are going to be more component B questions. 50:50 was what my teacher said.

cheepy5

HSC
Dislike, my teacher said that some of the sample questions the BOS provided could be done in your head but some required a fair bit of working out which i reckon is a waste of time for one mark.

Caboufram

HSC
N/A
Is it just me or does the standard of maths in australia just continue to decline

HSC
Uni Grad
As for multiple choice, I don't really think it's a good idea, because some questions which are worth 2-3 marks only count for one mark, which sucks. Also, in university, there is no multiple choice for maths at all.

Is it just me or does the standard of maths in australia just continue to decline
IMO I find that appearing in the US too, mainly because a lot of people aren't willing to study and get good marks, so they end up cbfing. The only way to counter this is to dumb the syllabus down so that there will be more people doing the course.

kkmok

HSC
Uni Grad
negative marking would be fine with MC :)

but surely they won't put it hehe.

Sidekickk

HSC
good for people who don't know their stuff as well.

also, say two people both didn't know how to do the question, one might guess right while the other guesses wrong, which is totally stupid since they both didn't know it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)