• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim People in Australia (1 Viewer)

banco55

HSC
LOL and how many of those modern scientific discoveries were by muslims?

rehan

HSC
In Muslim nations, you are not free to say you're christian, to say you're atheist, even if you're a very nice person -

thats not true u can live in any muslim country and practice ur faith

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Er... No.

thats not the point
Well um, it's a pretty important point. So even tho the Koran explicitly makes these predictions, they all came about by people whom were not muslims / not using the koran as their guide? How interesting, it might almost seem that what happened was somebody realised theory X, then Islamic scholars came up with wild confabulations to fit theory X into verse Y.

banco55

HSC
rehan said:
In Muslim nations, you are not free to say you're christian, to say you're atheist, even if you're a very nice person -

LOL yeah right. Saudia Arabia (among other muslim nations) has very strict laws against freedom of religion.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
They hate your religion. They're still all for letting you live your life here, they're still all for giving you protection under the law from any threats/violence anyone may place on you, they're still for giving you equal pay to all other australians.

Let's not make this a 'which belief's intellectual penis is bigger' contest.

What do you mean 'little right to' ? That's nonsense. Do you believe that land rights should only come into existance based on history?

What do you mean minority tho? While I'm sure it's a smaller number that are actually willing to pull off attacks, the support for these attacks in the muslim world is imho high. I can see their reasoning for supporting these attacks, I can understand somewhat why the violence is happening... to claim it's just some fringe majority that support this sort of violence is silly.

Are you saying that there's not a feeling in the wider muslim community (not just in australia) that allowing women to wear skimpy clothes is a bad thing?

I agree, you shouldn't judge individual people by minorities. There are alot individual muslims out there who are really great people. But if we're going to do a thorough analysis of islam today, we have to say there is alot of anger, violence, and suppression.

In Muslim nations, you are not free to say you're christian, to say you're atheist, even if you're a very nice person - or you will be dealt with in the harshest of ways. Here, there is intollerance across the polulation, alot of people don't like muslims because of what they see as happening around the world, this can probably make life as a muslim in a western nation tough - but you're still respected (at least in theory) equally under the law. If someone bashes you for being muslim I and many others will stand up and say 'that's wrong, he needs to be punished'.

This doesn't mean that we should ignore the tollerance in Australia of course, it is still something to be dealt with, but I think it gives it some perspective.
It's nice to "believe", these things but then your faith gets shattered when you hear '5,000' angry, drunk anglo-celtic australians are chanting 'Save, the Nulla Fuck....', It's even worse when people argue my religion is the religion of hate. I beg to differ, it's the religion of peace and tranquility, but also a religion which maintains itself under pressure. (It's distasteful, when as I'm saying this people are lining up lists of TERRORIST ACTS! and of laws in a country which are widely accepted being laws. It's apart of democracy where the laws reflect the general belief of the public, they accept these laws, they live by it. They have the right to leave the country just as I do australia, so don't gimme this bullshit about muslims not favouring our rights, when they follow the rules and it doesn't effect us. I also just posted about the 'generalisations', made through the media because of the actions of a minority, yet people didn't hear that, all they heard is "Islam is a religion of peace and tranquility..." which is my interpretation.

A story in Islam, Ali (Muhammads Son-In Law), was fighting an opposing army with his army, when his foe(who was lieing on the floor), spat in his face. He felt angered and was about to 'strike the man', however he thought to himself "If I kill this man now, It will be of anger and not of the cause", so he let the man free.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
It's nice to "believe", these things but then your faith gets shattered when you hear '5,000' angry, drunk anglo-celtic australians are chanting 'Save, the Nulla Fuck....'
How are you any different than them then?

It's even worse when people argue my religion is the religion of hate. I beg to differ, it's the religion of peace and tranquility, but also a religion which maintains itself under pressure.
I think you need to accept your religion for what it is. It can be used as a tool of hate & violence - and it is. Love it for whatever good comes from it, but realise and hate what bad comes from it.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
sam04u said:
It's nice to "believe", these things but then your faith gets shattered when you hear '5,000' angry, drunk anglo-celtic australians are chanting 'Save, the Nulla Fuck....', It's even worse when people argue my religion is the religion of hate. I beg to differ, it's the religion of peace and tranquility, but also a religion which maintains itself under pressure. (It's distasteful, when as I'm saying this people are lining up lists of TERRORIST ACTS! and of laws in a country which are widely accepted being laws. It's apart of democracy where the laws reflect the general belief of the public, they accept these laws, they live by it. They have the right to leave the country just as I do australia, so don't gimme this bullshit about muslims not favouring our rights, when they follow the rules and it doesn't effect us. I also just posted about the 'generalisations', made through the media because of the actions of a minority, yet people didn't hear that, all they heard is "Islam is a religion of peace and tranquility..." which is my interpretation.

A story in Islam, Ali (Muhammads Son-In Law), was fighting an opposing army with his army, when his foe(who was lieing on the floor), spat in his face. He felt angered and was about to 'strike the man', however he thought to himself "If I kill this man now, It will be of anger and not of the cause", so he let the man free.
It's a religion not a person, and its plain to see by many that it has flaws just like everything else...Why do you attack us when we point out these flaws? Nothing is perfect in this world and the same goes for Islam.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
It's your opinion that islam is 'flawed', not mine. Respect my right to any religion in the world under any circumstances and I'll respect your decision to question Islam fairly and not use racist generalisations. If you're reasons for why 'ISLAM' is flawed is because the ideas conflict with yours then you've no right to 'attack the religion'.

Generator

HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
If you're reasons for why 'ISLAM' is flawed is because the ideas conflict with yours then you've no right to 'attack the religion'.
Ah, sam, it stands to reason that a flawed idea will stand in conflict with those that are more logical or those that are equally flawed.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
sam04u said:
It's your opinion that islam is 'flawed', not mine. Respect my right to any religion in the world under any circumstances and I'll respect your decision to question Islam fairly and not use racist generalisations. If you're reasons for why 'ISLAM' is flawed is because the ideas conflict with yours then you've no right to 'attack the religion'.
How am I being racist??? Anyone can be a Muslim regardless of skin colour.

You are saying "ISLAM anyone who opposes my ideology."

Last edited by a moderator:

rehan

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
k

I mean seriously, do you actually read that nonsense you posted up?

Oh ok, sounds interesting...

THAT'S WHAT YOU OFFER AS THE KORAN PREDICTING SPACE FLIGHT!?
wtf mate?

Er, alot of plants are hermaphrodites.
THIS IS NOT ALL MADE UP ... all these verses are in the quran ,.. and it ws revealed to Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him 1400 yrs ago long before some of theses discoveries were made ... and a quran that is as old as 1400 yrs is still in a museum in istanbul .. and that has these verses in it ... anyway ... where ever u go quran is same everywhere ,.,,you can even compare u wont even find difference of a single word ...bcz it is the word of god ...and ppl cant alter it ... but there are thousands of "versions" of bible .. which John Swaggart ..the american priest debated that there are so many differences in bible books because at that time they had to write by hand they made mistakes...... well ... 1400 yrs ago ppol still had to write with hand but ... since that time quran is still same till today!!!!!! in that old copy and any modern day copy there is not even one difference...
anyway i came in the forun accidently and i ,m shocked to see how ppl behave towards muslims .... bcz i had non muslim neighbours for so long but they r very different ..so respectful to our faith ... but its so different in the forum ... i want to know why every one here thinks that and hope to change that ... if anyone wants to contact me to share their opinions .,... sadafsarwar01@hotmail.com is my id ...

banco55

HSC
One of the edges of the global clash between Muslims and the rest is a bottle shop in a small and ratty shopping mall in western Sydney. The owner of the bottle shop is suffering low-level but steady harassment from his neighbours, who want him gone. He's a Christian who has been told repeatedly: "This is a Muslim area," and he is selling alcohol, which is proscribed by Islam.

The one-hour parking zone outside the bottle shop is always occupied because local Muslims leave their cars there all day. The owner has written to the local council to complain, and nothing has been done. He does not want to be identified because he fears retribution. His reaction is sensible.

A friend of mine, Jenny D, used to live in Lakemba. She began receiving insults from people in the street, usually Muslim women wearing headscarves, and sometimes Muslim men. If she wore a short skirt, she could expect abuse or comment. She left Lakemba. Soon after, I moved to America, stayed away for 10 years, and thought nothing more of her story. But after I came back to Sydney I found Jenny's experience had been part of a larger pattern.
One particularly strong witness to this pattern was Judith, who managed an agency helping war widows, because she encountered "dozens" of cases where people were harassed by Muslim neighbours who wanted them gone. "It was common," she told me. "A lot of these ladies couldn't take it and moved out. It happened in Campsie, Belmore, Lakemba, Bankstown, Punchbowl ...

"It was everything ... throwing rubbish over the fence, screaming abuse, blocking the driveway, knocking fences down. One guy would throw coffee grains on the windows and bottles on the roof late at night ... I confronted some of them, and the men would call me a lot of names, mostly in Arabic."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/paul-sheehan/ideals-become-casualties-of-war/2006/08/13/1155407666922.html

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
THIS IS NOT ALL MADE UP
You sure?

all these verses are in the quran ,.. and it ws revealed to Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him 1400 yrs ago long before some of theses discoveries were made
Ok cool then, so mohammed was the first person to state the big bang theory and muslims knew about the big bang theory before it was first proposed? What's that? No they didn't? Wow - So they only figured out that mohammed was talking about the big bang after the big bang was discovered? Isn't that a bit erm... dodgy?

and a quran that is as old as 1400 yrs is still in a museum in istanbul
I didn't contest that.

where ever u go quran is same everywhere ,.,,you can even compare u wont even find difference of a single word ...bcz it is the word of god
What? So you're telling me no revelations about the words, no new meaning to the words, has ever been infered? So muslims ALWAYS knew that verse X was referring to space flight etc, they didn't just infer that it did afterwards? If so, I'd like to see some evidence for that claim.

but there are thousands of "versions" of bible
Yes, also nonsense. I don't see how a book that only has 1 version or 2000 versions makes its claims any less/more valid tho, could you explain that to me maybe?

so respectful to our faith
I do respect muslims, I think alot of them are strong in their religious knowledge and try their best to be true to their beliefs. This does not mean I won't challenge your faith, respect /= total acceptance.

rehan

HSC
"It was everything ... throwing rubbish over the fence, screaming abuse, blocking the driveway, knocking fences down. One guy would throw coffee grains on the windows and bottles on the roof late at night ... I confronted some of them, and the men would call me a lot of names, mostly in Arabic."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/paul-sheehan/ideals-become-casualties-of-war/2006/08/13/1155407666922.html[/quote]

hi ,..watever u wrote here ...if its true then its vvery disrespectful.. and i feel really sorry for all those muslims,, .. :burn: ..... there are few muslims who respect their faith as they should and it is a really big sin to treat their neighbours like that ... Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him),s neighbour ws an old woman she treated him very badly bcz of his faith she would do the same things throw all her rubbish on him everyday ..on day she didnt throw it and he went in her house to see wat ws wrong today she ws very sick ...he went to her house everyday to cook for her and to clean her house...
hurting anyone,s feelings like this is equivalent to demolishing the holy KAABA... one person came to Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him and asked him wat is islam >>? he replied Islam is talking to ur neighbour kindly and taking care of your neighbour .........
but if every muslim would behave like islam tells them to then even non muslims wont t hink bad abt islam and thats the truth...

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
You sure?
Ok cool then, so mohammed was the first person to state the big bang theory and muslims knew about the big bang theory before it was first proposed? What's that? No they didn't? Wow - So they only figured out that mohammed was talking about the big bang after the big bang was discovered? Isn't that a bit erm... dodgy?

I didn't contest that.

What? So you're telling me no revelations about the words, no new meaning to the words, has ever been infered? So muslims ALWAYS knew that verse X was referring to space flight etc, they didn't just infer that it did afterwards? If so, I'd like to see some evidence for that claim.

Yes, also nonsense. I don't see how a book that only has 1 version or 2000 versions makes its claims any less/more valid tho, could you explain that to me maybe?

I do respect muslims, I think alot of them are strong in their religious knowledge and try their best to be true to their beliefs. This does not mean I won't challenge your faith, respect /= total acceptance.
the bible has been changed to suit its present society...
the quran has never been changed because we believe that its the one true religion and that its the words of god

also as someone said that wherever you go the quran is still the same ...it is..and always will be

the only thing is that come people translate it and therefore change its meaning...thats why its prefered that the quran should be read in arabic...because then you cant cange its meaning:)

another thing is...that all these muslims you heard of that abuse their neightbours...

well my neighbours aint muslim and we dont treat any of them badly...:)

our religion teaches us to respect all... :)

what religion do you follow?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
the bible has been changed to suit its present society...
the quran has never been changed because we believe that its the one true religion and that its the words of god

also as someone said that wherever you go the quran is still the same ...it is..and always will be

the only thing is that come people translate it and therefore change its meaning...thats why its prefered that the quran should be read in arabic...because then you cant cange its meaning
Are you even talking to me? You quoted me, but I don't see where this conflicts with anything I said.

what religion do you follow?
I follow no religion.

*hopeful*

HSC
the neighbour stories are so bad, no proper muslim should behave like that because its a big deal in islam to respect all religions no matter what they do/eat/wear etc etc

there are bottle shops all over 'muslim' areas, its pathetic for people to try and get rid of them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)