• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim People in Australia (1 Viewer)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I've seen alot worse from non-religious and christian people. I also, know the occasional Lebanese-Muslim trouble maker, which would do things like throw cans into the neighbours yard and play loud music at night which disturbed the neighbours. But, as I've said this is nothing in comparison to the other groups.

My little cousin who is like, 11 years old now, was playing in there (cul-de-sac) on the road, it's an empty 'U' shaped street so it's relatively safe to do so. When all of a sudden, one of the neighbours tryed to run them down. Then, screamed out 'terrorists' among other profanities. Needless to say, my other cousins dealt equal retribution by breaking the idiots nose.

The irony is, they reported them for 'abuse', I guess the reports wont mention what triggered the actions right? Also, I've heard countless times of people with 'apparent' non-religious and christian backgrounds, stumbling home drunk and kicking and passing out, in peoples yards screaming such profanities as 'go home muslims' among other things.

rehan, Not-That-Bright isn't racist. Infact he is very fair to muslims considering his strong beliefs against 'religion' and the idea of people being faithful. I even considered his strong 'objectional', challenging of religion as very 'reassuring' and able to reinforce my own beliefs. I also have at times questioned things but never had the courage to say them outloud (we all do), but when someone who is not racist and fair points them out. Answers may be presented to you which really 'reinforces' your belief. But, if you can't reinforce your belief, If you can't explain something logically, then what has he done but show people the truth?

I like N-T-B, and no not 'that-way', I'm sure he knows this though and I bet he knows alot mroe about Islam then over 10-15% of muslims. Isn't that hilarious?

-End

HotShot

-_-
HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
the bible has been changed to suit its present society...
the quran has never been changed because we believe that its the one true religion and that its the words of god

also as someone said that wherever you go the quran is still the same ...it is..and always will be

the only thing is that come people translate it and therefore change its meaning...thats why its prefered that the quran should be read in arabic...because then you cant cange its meaning:)
Um no, even if you read it in Arabic you can still have a different interpretation. FOr gods sake look at english- on book (any book) read in english can have so many different interpretations.

the quran is still the same - and i think thats the problem- its about time its need to updated. perhaps with some new "scientific discoveries" would be helpful especially concerning a renewable energy source thats is cheap obtain and replace petrol.

or maybe we need prophet to come down and tell all these terrorists to fuck of - and go to hell.

or maybe god him/herself/itself should come down clean up the world and send some vision to the non-believers...

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
*hopeful* said:
the neighbour stories are so bad, no proper muslim should behave like that because its a big deal in islam to respect all religions no matter what they do/eat/wear etc etc

there are bottle shops all over 'muslim' areas, its pathetic for people to try and get rid of them
but noone should be doing things like that regardless of religion?? i mean basic respect doesnt come down to religious preference.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
sam04u said:
It's your opinion that islam is 'flawed', not mine. Respect my right to any religion in the world under any circumstances and I'll respect your decision to question Islam fairly and not use racist generalisations. If you're reasons for why 'ISLAM' is flawed is because the ideas conflict with yours then you've no right to 'attack the religion'.
whatever happened to respecting other ppl opinions...? i think people accept YOUR right to YOUR religion thats all gud- but i think that doesnt mean they can t question it or research it in a extensive unbiased manner.

U CANT control other peoples opinions , so u cant expect them to accpet that ISLAM IS THE ONE AND TRUE RELIGION- its not going to happen. At the same time u cant expect them to accept YOUR beliefs and practices because THEY MAY HAVE THEIR OWN.

Respect is all about putting ur views in a manner that has some value. that is all. Saying ISLAM IS DOG SHIT - has a no value and disrespectful. SAYING ISLAM incites hate - has some value and is respectful.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I do respect the opinions of those who deserve respect, if they provide evidence for their belief, and their evidence isn't biased or taken out context. Then I may accept it if ti has relevance. I could argue in a variety of cases using statistics to say 'non-believers' are disrespectful and incite institutional aggression. But, would that mean I classed people with an religion which they weren't following as a non-believe. Technically, I would be right, since following a religion would mean following it's religious 'morals and laws'.

It's unfair for people to outright say that any particular religion incites violence based on a small minority of people. Also, your opinion of violence may not be the same as another persons 'opinion' and who are you to judge whos opinion is more correct? It could be that your moral beliefs are the ones which should be questioned right?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
sam04u said:
I do respect the opinions of those who deserve respect, if they provide evidence for their belief, and their evidence isn't biased or taken out context.
I see no grounds to respect Islam, then.
Then I may accept it if ti has relevance. I could argue in a variety of cases using statistics to say 'non-believers' are disrespectful and incite institutional aggression.
Statistics must be sourced, not made up.
But, would that mean I classed people with an religion which they weren't following as a non-believe. Technically, I would be right, since following a religion would mean following it's religious 'morals and laws'.
The three religions linked to Moses all say not to bear false witness, but you'd be very hard pressed to find a member of any who hasn't lied at some point. Using such a black and white definition doesn't work.
It's unfair for people to outright say that any particular religion incites violence based on a small minority of people.
If there's a correlation whereby Muslims are more likely to commits acts of violence than non Muslims, and this difference is significant and unexplainable by other factors, the natural conclusion is that Islam, or certain interpretations of it, incites violence.
Also, your opinion of violence may not be the same as another persons 'opinion' and who are you to judge whos opinion is more correct? It could be that your moral beliefs are the ones which should be questioned right?
A general definition of violence would be suicide bombing, riots, assault, etc, and once again you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would think that these acts aren't violent.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
sam04u said:
I do respect the opinions of those who deserve respect, if they provide evidence for their belief, and their evidence isn't biased or taken out context. Then I may accept it if ti has relevance. I could argue in a variety of cases using statistics to say 'non-believers' are disrespectful and incite institutional aggression. But, would that mean I classed people with an religion which they weren't following as a non-believe. Technically, I would be right, since following a religion would mean following it's religious 'morals and laws'.

It's unfair for people to outright say that any particular religion incites violence based on a small minority of people. Also, your opinion of violence may not be the same as another persons 'opinion' and who are you to judge whos opinion is more correct? It could be that your moral beliefs are the ones which should be questioned right?
I dont think its upto to really analyse other peole belief - u simply respect it (it doesnt mean u accept it, but do accept the fact they have a differing view).
Statistics are made to provide a indication and they can be made to show anything and everything. FOllowing a religion can mean anything - essentially its faith nothing more and nothing less. Whether u have faith or not? no one cares its a personal and should be kept personal.

Violence - defintion look up in your dictionary - i think u mean how severe the violence is - well we leave that to the courts they decide the punishment.
People are not saying that any particular religion incite violence- they simply say that the people who have comitted terrorism do so on a religious basis.

IF u look at these terrorist organisations - Al Aqaesa JAmmes ISlll. etc - what are their motives? One of the main motives across these organisations is to enfore Shariah law and shariah law is based on the religion of Islam - so they use their religion as a reason for their acts. Therefore i think it is fair to say- that Islam to some extent does incite violence why? Firstly i dont see muslims, Islamic organisations taking a move against these terrorist networks - instead we see quite a few supporters - this has been evident in the past decade or more.

Most muslims maybe against western organistations that is fair enough - but to support or take little action against terrorist organisations is the worst possible thing that anyone can do.

*hopeful*

HSC
Born Dancer said:
but noone should be doing things like that regardless of religion?? i mean basic respect doesnt come down to religious preference.

well of course! i was just making that point in reply to whoeveritwas whinging about non repectful muslims

dillian

HSC
Look these muslim teens some of them cause trouble.

Aboriginals own this joint, if we can be here then so can anyone.

Open your eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:

banco55

HSC
dillian said:
Look these muslim teens some of them cause trouble.

Aboriginals own this joint, if we can be here then so can anyone.

Open your eyes.
I've yet to hear of an Aboriginal group that set out to slaughter their fellow australians.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
withoutaface said:
If there's a correlation whereby Muslims are more likely to commits acts of violence than non Muslims, and this difference is significant and unexplainable by other factors, the natural conclusion is that Islam, or certain interpretations of it, incites violence.
Certain Interpretations of 'prescription medicine', can cause people to unwillingly commit suicide. Does that mean that 'prescription medicine', encourages people to commit suicide? Could there perhaps be another reason why people either 'purposely' or 'accidently', overuse medication? perhaps 'extreme circumstance'?? Think logically.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Also, why are you guys taking what I said out of context? Ofcourse I respect people opinions, on anything pretty much. But, when their faulty opinion is used as a means to discriminate and 'challenge' a religion in a way which they deem to be 'fair', then ofcourse I'll challenge the "reliabilty" of their opinion and therefore 'not respect' the challenge which is put forward as an opinion, where it fails to meet certain 'criteria' which determines whether or not it's reliable.

I always respect peoples 'Personal opinion', because it is personal, and not effecting me in anyways by them sharing it. But, when they challenge my beliefs with these faulty 'opinions' then i'll not respect them.

gerhard

HSC
withoutaface said:
sam, i think the point you want to attack is the bolded one.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
sam04u said:
Certain Interpretations of 'prescription medicine', can cause people to unwillingly commit suicide. Does that mean that 'prescription medicine', encourages people to commit suicide? Could there perhaps be another reason why people either 'purposely' or 'accidently', overuse medication? perhaps 'extreme circumstance'?? Think logically.
ur point? i think prescription medicine put it out clearly like all medicines - use as advised by your doctor. so if person 'unwillingly' or accidently overdose - then as life often consists of accidents - shit happens.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Wow, what a terrible analogy. Why did you end it with 'think logically'? You need to revise your analogy completely imo.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
sam04u said:
Sure, there can be a link drawn between some prescription medications and depression/suicide, but labelling them all suicide inducing would be like labelling all religions violent when some are completely harmless (eg Buddhism). When doctors prescribe people things like roacutane, however, I'd imagine they'd keep a close eye on the patient to make sure they didn't succumb to depression, and there's nothing fallacious about saying roacutane increases the chances of depression.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)