MY SCHOOL RUINED MY TRIALS (Cheating) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannonrun

HSC
Hey Without Wings, dont personal accusations and intimidating forum members deserve banning.

As for zohab, get a life, Im not the one trying to cover anything up. I take RESPONSIBILITY for my actions. Thats what people do in life.

As for the exam, everyone was giving it to their friends... dont know why you didnt get it! And as for being out of touch. I've talked to at least 20 people who dont mind resitting the exam at the time if it makes it fairer. They understand that the school is taking the best possible actions in difficult circumstances.

This outweights the 3 or 4 people who are throwing random blame and insults on an internet forum. I only came on because I wanted to say another side, luckily former Wade students also have alot more faith and pride in their school than yous.

I was not going to refuse information when I knew so many other people had access to it. That would be stupid, kinda like half the comments youve made in this forum... STUPID. I didnt actively seek the paper or ask for it. Not too mention I never knew anything about the Paper One where people actually did cheat. We never did the original Paper Two so I never cheated anyway dumbarse.

Do you think that by editing your text size and colour your really doing anything effective. It just makes you look like a childish brat, like all your other comments. Making your writing bigger and red doesnt make it more effective, sorry to say.

This is supposed to be a civilized forum, so just act like a mature Yr 12 student, get over it and do some study, since lack of time to study seems to be your biggest concern. Maybe if you stopped procrastinating, realized that youve talked to very few people over the weekend (hence not knowing the general view), and started studying as to alleviate your time concerns youd be alot better off!

Thankyou
And WADE HIGH kicks arse... best school in Griffith and the region.

cannonrun

HSC
Ohhh and one more thing...

Being disallowed to talk to the media....

BULLSHIT... we were never told that it would put our HSC in jeopardy, nor were we told disciplinary action of any kind would be taken against us if we did talk to the media.

There was one line in an entire half hour talk with our principal in which she said
something very similar to
"We dont want you talking to the media... you know what they're like"

She did not threaten us or tell us of repercussions... If any of the people doing 'telling the truth' in english had learned anything this year, the school has a point in that 'we know what the media can be like'.

Not everything we tell them will be portrayed in the spirit of how we told it to them.

Thats fair enough, so the school doesnt want us talking to the media. They did not say we couldnt and if a student is so inclined the school can't really do anything.

Any organisation/institution/charity/etc. would say the same thing after a mishap like this.

cannonrun

HSC
Hey Kaz... Thanks, I think I'll be right... LOL

And Wade High School kicks arse. Whoever was baggin it out before,

For like the last 6 or 7 years Wade's UAI's have consistently been the best in the area!

As for the English department. Our head teacher is a senior HSC marker, and either writes or marks some catholic trial paper I think... Cant remember exactly. Obviously cant be too unqualified or lazy 'JimMorrison'.

cannonrun

HSC
Zohab said:
your actions have effected others and now thanks to YOU, we innocent people have to bare the grunt of YOUR actions. Why do I have to do the exam again, because of YOU and people like you who decided to CHEAT.
Zohab we are doing Paper One again dumbarse. At least try and be coherent and true. I never had any knowledge of paper one, I didnt know the other schools were the same, and I did not try to find out. The people who cheated in this paper are the ones who are making us do the paper again idiot...

AND I never attempted to cheat. I didnt really want to, but when faced with the alternative of having a huge percentage of our grade having a massive advantage over me, of course any rational person would listen to people who had taken the paper before and get an idea of the questions.

No one bothered to mention it to you. Not my fault. If this is what is really burning you up then talk about it to some one else because I dont think anyone on this forum really cares.

As for the school pride thing... whos the one thats posting bullshit on the internet for thousands of people to see. At least make sure your facts are right before you say anything. Refer to my first posting in this thread to see everything that you said that was bullshit up until then. If you have genuine concerns or problems talk to the relevant people (i.e. head teacher, principal, director of education in Griffith, director of education for the Riverina, etc.)

Zohab said:
So what if the trial examination is an internal assessment there are still 60,000 students out there who only had to do there test once, so your telling me its fair that we have to do the exam twice? I think not, therefore we have been treated differently to the other students in the state thus the treatment of us was unfair
You really dont think much do you... 'treated differently to the other students'... There are a range of things that mean that NO SCHOOL can possibly ensure their students are treated exactly the same as every other school. Some students sit an extension maths exam right after an extension english exam, some schools have to do their exam twice, some students dont have access to the materials other schools do, some schools have burnt down, thus meaning huge changes and inconveniences, some schools have hard exams while others have easy ones, etc, etc.

There are so many factors. That is the whole idea of the HSC. We dont have to be treated the same throughout the year, because it 's simply not possible. The Higher School Certificate exams tell the Board of Studies how we compare to other schools in the state, and make it as 'fair' as possible, if the concept really exists.

Stop acting the victim and get over it. Its really a minor thing, having to sit a test twice. Im in the same position as you dumbarse as is our entire grade and nearly everybody ive talked to has gotten over it by now, and is working within the system to do their best in their HSC!

Last edited:

war_ali

HSC
Without Wings said:
Why are you all deleting/editing your posts? You scared that teacher's are going to see them? Because even with you deleting them, your posts are still accessible. Moderators and administrators can still see exactly what they said, and yes they can pass this information on.

it was quoted off a source - whom didn't give permission to post it... had to be taken off.
I dont mind if they pass any info on - I have nothing incriminating.

Mods...why dont you just lock this thread? it's spewed enough hate already.

krystalp

HSC
war_ali said:
it was quoted off a source - whom didn't give permission to post it... had to be taken off.
I dont mind if they pass any info on - I have nothing incriminating.

Mods...why dont you just lock this thread? it's spewed enough hate already.

because i like buttercup.

and you have issues

JimMorrison

HSC
N/A
Hey hey hey.... I'm all for doing the exam again... that doesn't bother me, what pissed me off was the schools insolence/lack of flexibility in moving the exam to a more suitable time... but fuck, nothing I can do about it, its a useless power struggle.

cannonrun

HSC
Haha your an idiot. The moderator dumbarse (not mediator), Without Wings is a mate. But she was already in this thread before she knew I was in it too.

Haha and I didnt let the entire year down man. The majority of the year I'm now finding out, was also looking at Paper 2. Maybe you are an idiot and chose not to use all available resources to get the highest possible marks... I dont know!

I am in no way insulting the rest of the year. The fact that alot of our grade are reading this and tellin me what an idiot you are, kinda proves that. I definetly aint alone in the opinions I have put in here.

Anyway, dont try and assimilate yourself with the rest of the grade. Haha you definetly aint representing many of them. Btw ' rubbing salt in the wound'... what do you get up to of a friday and saturday night? We only got told on Friday that we'd be resitting the exam, have you been out with people from our grade since after we got the lecture on Friday. I know I have and pretty much everyone I've talked to is kind of thinking along a similar line as me.

It's good that you agree that Wade High Rules... It's good to find common ground on at least one thing! :)

cannonrun

HSC
Zohab said:
I am not playing the vicit i am the victim and you are the criminal.
Your making up quotes now???

Thats really childish... get a life man!

I'm with war_ali. I think it's time to lock this thread.

war_ali

HSC
Ok, um can we at least get one important thing out of this thread instead of egos...

People who havent done the trials/are doing now

MAKE SURE PEOPLE FOLLOW THE RULES / KNOW THE RULES

This whole 'shitup' was because someone didn't know a rule about one of the papers - simple mistake.

Dont let this happen to your school - cos its a pain in the arse.

JimMorrison

HSC
N/A
This issue should be blown up because the Department of Education and and Board Of Studies need to moderate it a LOT MORE, especially with these companies selling exams!!!

cannonrun

HSC
Haha Ali's come around...

It was a mistake at another school... It's not our school's fault and we're gettin a better deal than Bathurst either way!!

cannonrun

HSC
Matt, this doesnt really happen very often, and when it has look at what our school's done. We're resitting the paper with one that is written by our school... hence no cheating.

The problem has been fixed... thats how things work... problems crop up and they get resolved and fixed.

Blowing the issue up is only going to hurt EVERYONE in the state. If it does get blown up it will just add to the suspicion about HSC students in 2005, that has already been created from the similar incidents in Sydney. And stop blaming the WRONG FUCKING PEOPLE!!

The Board of Studies isnt responsible for the content or administration of our Trial exams... They have nothing to do with it. Alot of schools do write all their own exams, maybe this should become the standard. I know our English department is not going to buy any more exams. But this is the responsibility of the schools, no one else.

JimMorrison

HSC
N/A
How was I blaming the wrong people?

Shit, they can ALL have INFLUENCE

Why can't they just make a rule that says, any exams purchased externally must all be sat on the same day? Is that too hard???

What if a similar situation happened somewhere else and wasn't detected because the person kept their mouth shut? What then huh? How is it going to get 'resolved'?

They also said that there are two major companies that make the exams... well... say I live in Sydney... I have a few friends from different schools, they sit their trials on different days, I get them to tell me what was in their exams that their school also purchased...... Pretty easy.

helper

HSC
N/A
I do not want to get into the debate over what is happeneing at Wade as it is an internal school decision. Just want to put in a bit of history about trial papers.

1. There are security leaks every year, which is why most schools do not use a whole paper. The new question marks are compared with the external questions to look for patterns or earlier knowledge.

2. Everyone sit them on the same date: Would require BOS to issue a trial timetable that is as long as the HSC. It is not practical to do this. If each supplier came up with their own timetable, they have no idea of subject selections, so they would have no idea of if there are time table clashes. Internal school activities also come into consideration here.
It may be feasible for a small geographical are to arrange this. Eg. The schools in the Griffith Area.

3. It is not normally laziness that causes teachers to buy exams.
Most teachers have no experience marking or designing questions for the HSC exams. To ensure a HSC standards external questions are used. This came to a head a few years ago, when an English Teacher, thought they were examining to the HSC standard and the students dramatically under performed in the HSC compared with expectations. Legal action occured in this case.
Teachers have a tendency to bias questions towards their understanding of a syllabus and to how they have taught a course. By using an external exam these biases don't come in.

4. There are at least 4 suppliers of trials on most subjects. There are numerous of other suppliers who tests for specific subject areas.

Zohab

To kool for skool
HSC
ALL MY POSTINGS HAVE BEEN DELETED
This has gone too far and offensive personal attacks are beginning to occur.
I will say no more except that sometimes people just go below the belt, and thats just not cool.

helper

HSC
N/A
Without Wings said:
They are suposed to be sat on a specific date - The companies set a timetable.
Only the CSSA has a timetable. The rest have a security period, which is still in force. Normally lasts until the end of September.

JimMorrison

HSC
N/A
Without Wings said:
They are suposed to be sat on a specific date - The companies set a timetable.
How hard is it for the board to say to them, set a date for the exams you make to be done on, and they WILL be done on this date?? Ie. Get rid of the 'security period'

helper

HSC
N/A
JimMorrison said:
How hard is it for the board to say to them, set a date for the exams you make to be done on, and they WILL be done on this date?? Ie. Get rid of the 'security period'
Almost impossible. It first would require a month examination period, like the HSC, a lot longer than the two week period used at the moment by most schools. Most schools could not afford the lost teaching time.
HSC practical and speaking exams are being held at the moment. These are at different times at different schools. So the schedule, would also have to be adapted around these making the time period longer.

It sounds simple but in practice is difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)