National Studies HISTORIOGRAPHY (1 Viewer)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
Re: makin up historians??

^ :) i honestly didnt' think you could get away with that.....!

kudos to you - but i'd rather not take the risk :eek:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A

-pari- said:
^ :) i honestly didnt' think you could get away with that.....!

kudos to you - but i'd rather not take the risk :eek:
It's only the HSC - i got away with a lot of other stuff, which i would get owned for in uni :eek:

I guess, as long as you can back up your quotes with a demonstration of extensive knowledge through a coherent argument, then you should be fine

mandas2choc

HSC

cem said:
Point one - the quality is more important than the quantity but... if you aren't sure a good guide is:

WWI - you can get full marks using only the given pages but most of the top responses will write an extra page or so for each of the 10 mark questions.

Personalities - top marks needs about 4 pages for the describe section and about 6 for the second section

Essays (both National and Internationa Studies) you should be looking at 8 - 10 pages

The pages sizes I am referring to here are exam booklet pages remember.

These are a guide only and are assuming average size handwriting.
ARE YOU CRAZY?!!! or kinda stupd? my friend wrote 3 pg essays for every essay and recieved a HIGH uai and HIGH hsc mark. both in the 90's.

Also, dw abt exact quotes. As long as u can pharaphise and refer to the essay question when explaining the revealance of your chosen historians point of view, your on the right track. TRRUST ME. ive had 4 markers tell me this. AND a judge - he does the scaling=) god ive got niccee connections :)

williamc

HSC

mandas2choc said:
ARE YOU CRAZY?!!! or kinda stupd? my friend wrote 3 pg essays for every essay and recieved a HIGH uai and HIGH hsc mark. both in the 90's.

Also, dw abt exact quotes. As long as u can pharaphise and refer to the essay question when explaining the revealance of your chosen historians point of view, your on the right track. TRRUST ME. ive had 4 markers tell me this. AND a judge - he does the scaling=) god ive got niccee connections :)

I don't know if i can believe 3 pages. You look at the standard's packages, and anything under 5 pages for a 25 mark question doesn't score above a band 4. The judge's don't determine the scaling, they give their opinion on the alinging to the BOS. UAC takes care of the scaling.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A

mandas2choc said:

So, we should start trusting people whom are grammatically challenged?

HSC

What I did was use 'real' historians. but then make up what they actually say. As long is the claim isn't too out there, the marker will assume you know what your'e talking about.

X

xeuyrawp

Like referring to a source without analysing it, you're saying that a historian is reliable. If the marker hasn't heard of the author, they pretty much see the historian as unreliable and will generally ignore your point.

You're expected to collect ideas and quotations from well-known historians.

Silver Persian said:
What I did was use 'real' historians. but then make up what they actually say. As long is the claim isn't too out there, the marker will assume you know what your'e talking about.
Wouldn't it be easier just to remember the views of the historians, and then do a paraphrase?

Also, if you mess up in the exam and have the historian saying something which the marker knows they didn't, you'll get axed. Reminds me of Gae Callender at the ancient history marking center: 'I didn't say that!'.

Pa-!-

HSC

u massive homo.. ur still on this site bagging people out in modern history.. hahah i came on to check my old teachers comments and saw that ur life is still devoted to it..

u raging homo go out and get a life

peace up SCG ext history!!

The Count

HSC
Re: Russia: Some Historiography and sources for you to quote from

Where are the Thomas and McAndrew quotes?

starbuck

HSC
Re: Germany Historiography- not asking, giving.

just found this. Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou

Jessica 101

HSC
C. L. Holtfrerich in "The German Infaltration", suggests that the inflation suffered by Germany since the beginning of WW1 (1914) can be percieved as a legitimant and strategic national policy to help overcome national economic crisis.

As Kolb points out, this is no longer the case in 1923 when it turns into hyperinflation due to Frances invasion of the Rhur.
However, for the first three syllabus dot points on the Weimar Republic, i thought i was interesting that inflation was in many ways to the benifit of Germany.

SORRY i know its not a quote, but thats the genrel gist of what he said.

shutup434

HSC

wow holy **** thanks so much!!!

briankha

HSC
Re: Russia: Some Historiography and sources for you to quote from

I am saved. Thanking you eternally!

jeska may

HSC

thank you thank you thank you! so very helpful! =]

korver

HSC

-coffee-addict- said:
THANK YOU!! this list is brilliant and so very very helpful.. thank u
In regards to your signature... extension, :p

sophie-kate

HSC

dont do it.
these teachers have been marking for a long time most of them teach the subject as well they know the generic hitorians and can pick a phony not to metion they could simply ask the others at their marking table wether they have herd of a bob brown who has views on pro zionism.

big hint: when using historians paraphrase rather than quote it will show u understand the view rather than u remeber it

aidin101

HSC

do not make up historians, rather just back up an idea with a historian who supports it, for example use the name of the author from your text book in my case in studying Germany the author of the book is Kj Mason so any idea i state i will just in brackets put KJ Mason next to it, however have about 2 or 3 historians for each area of study to show you have an undersanding and just havent accepted one viewpoint.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC

aidin101 said:
do not make up historians, rather just back up an idea with a historian who supports it, for example use the name of the author from your text book in my case in studying Germany the author of the book is Kj Mason so any idea i state i will just in brackets put KJ Mason next to it, however have about 2 or 3 historians for each area of study to show you have an undersanding and just havent accepted one viewpoint.
Textbook authors are NOT historians. They are merely collaborating information into a form suitable for a syllabus. We are repeatedly told in Extension History that textbook writers don't count. In Ext exams, many people quote Peter Heath, the author of a bunch of HSC notes on JFK for the case study, and markers immediately know they don't understand the term 'historian'.

and making up historians is just stupid and shows you can't be bothered to learn it yourself.
it's more fulfilling when you do and you go into an exam with greater confidence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)