No intelligent politicians? (1 Viewer)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
what other degree does Op want them to have?

I mean just because you got a massive ATAR that doesn't make you a political genius. Politics is not about how good you are at school

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone who says Tony Abbott is intelligent..I just kinda cringe. It goes to show you can have some fancy degree but no actual intelligence.

Gold Lion

HSC
Anyone who says Tony Abbott is intelligent..I just kinda cringe. It goes to show you can have some fancy degree but no actual intelligence.
Tony Abbot IS intelligent- as in- book smart. It's really his traditional/conservative outlook which makes us generalise him as retarded.

Phylo

ballin
HSC
They teach leadership, but how can they begin to fathom the difficulty of leading a country!

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
This post goes to show that you can call someone unintelligent just because you disagree with them....

Lukybear

HSC
since when did intelligence = university degree?

scorch, for example is doing arts and he has one of the brightest minds on here
Bit biased isn't it? Any religious nut could call him a stupid imbecile.

The only real way to measure a poli's intelligence would be making them sit the same the same test on the same topics /issues that concern parliment.

The closesest thing i can think of is a uni degree

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
i'm pretty sure The Simpsons proved that smart people don't necessarily make great politicians...

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
The closesest thing i can think of is a uni degree

George Washington did not go to university

George W Bush completed a law degree at Yale Univeristy and an MBA at Harvard university

your move

chrisnumber1

HSC
I've just been looking at the qualifications of some of our ministers and none of them seem to be that intelligent.
Julia Gillard has an Arts/Law degree
Swanny Lectured studied and lectured in Public administration
Ruddy (ex-minister now) has just an Arts Degree

Ken Henry (secretary to treasury) is probably the most qualified person in our parliamentary system with a Ph.D. in economics

Why do none of our leaders seem to be properly qualified. If there's going to be someone running the country, you'd hope they had at least have a bachelors in economics.

What are your views on this? Are there any other people with qualifications like Henry?
sorry, what degree do you have? im sure your school certificate looks very impressive. its not the degree so much its the work and life experience, otherwise there would be a room full of asians studying to be pm's. the minister for defence isnt a fighter pilot, julia gillard wasn't a teacher and david campbell wasnt a train.

HSC
Uni Grad
sorry, what degree do you have? im sure your school certificate looks very impressive. its not the degree so much its the work and life experience, otherwise there would be a room full of asians studying to be pm's. the minister for defence isnt a fighter pilot, julia gillard wasn't a teacher and david campbell wasnt a train.
Hahaha, I think I laughed harder than I really should have but nonetheless good post.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
he was, however, involved in several man-trains.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)