Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
I am already cut cause I know chances of making it now are low
They raised the atar of my course to 91
/facepalm

tetrisam

HSC
I would probably get really emotional if i dnt get over 80, then i'd learn to accept it, go thru the same stages of grief.

My mum keeps hinting to me to do teaching, maybe shes noticed my procastination .. hmm teaching

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
8/9 or so.

I'd be pretty devastated, but I guess I'd get over it in a few months.

imalda

HSC
most likely a 10 when i first see it and probably for the rest of the day. then go down in the coming months as i learn to accept it, move on and make something of myself in the best way i can XD

Stephie-Rae

HSC
I think i'd be pretty crushed at first, about 8-9, just because of the amount of effort i've poured into school over the last 13 years, for it to end up not counting for anything would be horrible. But i think given a few days i'd get over it and choose one of my back up plans. Although that being said, i'm beginning to except the fact that my chances of getting what i want aren't too great, so maybe i'll be prepared for it. Goodness knows, i'm certainly not looking forward to getting the results though.

johony

HSC
can an 08er or previous come in here, and say something about how they went really bad in trials and the hsc exams and managed to get 95+ or something?
that would be of great appreciation to all

Monsterman

HSC
10 if i dont make it into uni (all my courses are 90+).. Because i have no idea what happens to people who dont make it.. i mean i dont want to become a construction worker or go to tafe and waste years spending there just to end up at uni... from that i would see.. my life going down into a hole.

but if i dont make it... then 3/4 of my year wont make it.... pretty sad..
but on the other hand.. i when I applied for flexible entry.. and they asked.. "did you really think you needed flexible entry?" after looking at my yearly report.. hopefully thats a sign that i'll get 90+.. i'm scared.

Last edited:
HSC
any atar would be a great value to me, and it's all bout the course i'm more interested in, don't really care much bout atar.

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
hmm i'd prolly tear my maths textbook in half bare-handed, learn the moral of my hsc story and work like a fucking freak to find another way into uni

zvyx

HSC
well, i got snapped in my half yearlies... my externals for all subjects were higher than my internals. and i got mid 80s in my software trial, if that helps :p

dunno how well that translates to other ppl though..

zvyx

HSC
well, i got snapped in my half yearlies... my externals for all subjects were higher than my internals. and i got mid 80s in my software trial, if that helps :p

HSC

lol double post xD

danal353

HSC
distinction average? impressive - what course are you taking?

HSC
I got an atar or whatever of 55

But yeah I never stopped believing in myself. Now I have a D average final semester at uni. I also won a scholarship to work overseas for a month. Interned at the DoTAG.

The thing is, no matter how bad you go, once you get into uni its a clean slate or sorts. Having said that you do need to have some kind of underlying intelligence to do well at uni, in my case i just had a shit time and was unhappy in highschool. Just make the most of the opportunities you have (however limited) and try to grow from your experience even if you fail.

You'll find that sometimes a door's as good as a wall if you cant imagine yourself opening it.
i honestly applaud this.

eldore44

Facebook is better.
HSC
Uni is never hard to get into.
There's always regional unis that offer same/similar degrees. Failing them there is the ability to get into an easy course and transfer. Or mature age. etc etc.
If you plead your case to a uni they can just let you in if they want, regardless of atar.
I was aiming for a 98 uai back in the day, like first term year 12. and that was all cool until I hit second term and stopped working.
Now I dont have an aim, but i figure ill get 90. I only need an 80 though, and im fine. if i dont get that, ill be uber ashamed of myself.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
hmmm am i the only one who dont have a uai aim?

itadakimus

procrastinator
HSC
I just want a low 90s ATAR and to get into my course with the helpful push of bonus points.

At least 88/89 ATAR for my second pref [again, bonus points.]

My third pref is 83.

But um. Yeah, I would definitely prefer the world ending. Or rather, it would seem like the world ended if I don't at least get into my second pref :(

pman

Banned
HSC
Mine would be happy if i fell just short of my aim, I want 99 but only need 75, if i get 99 the promised any car I wanted (within reason) and an overseas holiday! they made that promise in yr 7 and i've worked for it all the way through

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)