• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Iluvtheknights said:
Btw, parra supporters we still got the game that matters in 2001
That was almost four years ago. This is today, where the Eels beat the Knights 50-0.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
and i bet most knights supporters live in sydney anyway. the real manly fans are the ones that laughed at me in primary school because they shat all over the comp and i laughed at everyone when i was a little junior. ive had to endure roosters and panthers fans through senior school but now its just gone full circle.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Iluvtheknights said:
It's amazing what injuries do to you. Look at the Bulldogs. They will struggle to make the finals with all there problems, especially without Sonny Bill.
How come whenever the Dragons raised the issue of injuries last year, people would say that injuries are no excuse and that we were just "underperforming"?

We often had seven or eight players out every week last season, and we still finished 5th ... only one win away from a home semi final, and only a penalty goal away from a spot in the preliminary final against Canterbury.

It's so funny that when St George Illawarra have injuries, they are "underperforming", but yet when Newcastle and Canterbury have injuries, they are "struggling with injuries".

What the Knights SHOULD be doing is this:

Tell Andrew Johns and Danny Buderus to get out of the club. This will free up something like $900,000 to $1 million. That money can buy 4 quality players instead of the two you have there now. Also, from memory, your Flegg team is was top of the competition until three weeks ago. They've lost their last three matches, I think, and now they'd be about 5th or 6th. Your PL team is also 5th or 6th.

This indicates you have the junior base necessary for the future, provided you get rid of Johns and Buderus to save the money needed to keep them at your club.

james_chappo

Neurotic To The Bone
HSC
What a huge upset. I think Manly's premiership credentials have taken a huge battering. One must acknowledge that they were missing Menzies, Kennedy and Kite, but letting the Souths score 30 unanswered points in the second half - thats demoralising!

james_chappo

Neurotic To The Bone
HSC
Seeing as nobody appears to be using the tipping thread i will post some last minute tips.

Cowboys (despite missing 6 players due to origin)
Warriors

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
DRAGONZ - i would NOT get rid of Buderus, he is such a good player, Joey on the other hand is a liability, a very large one. Buderus hasnt been injurd for ages, and completely deserves the money he gets - If the Broncos were loosing would u get rid of Lockyer just to buy more players??

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Actually DRAGONZ has a point, and I say the finger of blame should be pointed at the Board. They over-paid Johns, and got rid of good players to keep him.

If Johns demanded that much money, they should've told him to fuck off to Union, he's not worth that much. There is no 'I' in Team, and it seems Newcastle are paying the price, and when they get board members that have the guts to speak out they get fired.

The club is in crisis, its as simple as that and its no co-incidence that the year they fell dramatically was the year the Chief became a board member.

james_chappo

Neurotic To The Bone
HSC
Dragons defeated Cowboys 34-4 - just goes to show how weak the cowboys are without their origin players. Obviously the Dragons have a greater depth, who, depsite losing 5 players to origin managed to win convincingly.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Code:
NRL 2005 LADDER
No	Club	P	W	D	L	B	P/D	PTS
1	Broncos	13	11	0	2	1	127	24
2	Eels	13	9	0	4	1	75	20
3	Eagles	13	9	0	4	1	29	20
4	Cowboys	13	8	0	5	1	62	18
5	Sharks	13	8	0	5	1	2	18
6	Storm	13	7	0	6	1	127	16
7	Dragons	14	8	0	6	0	36	16
8	Roos	12	6	0	6	2	23	16
9	Raiders	12	6	0	6	2	-26	16
10	War	13	6	0	7	1	33	14
11	Tigers	13	6	0	7	1	-30	14
12	B.dogs	12	4	1	7	2	-45	13
13	Panth	13	4	0	9	1	-34	10
14	Rabbits	13	3	1	9	1	-129	9
15	Knights	12	0	0	12	2	-250	4

hahaha 2nd, who would've thought?

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Suney_J said:
Actually DRAGONZ has a point, and I say the finger of blame should be pointed at the Board. They over-paid Johns, and got rid of good players to keep him.

If Johns demanded that much money, they should've told him to fuck off to Union, he's not worth that much. There is no 'I' in Team, and it seems Newcastle are paying the price, and when they get board members that have the guts to speak out they get fired.

The club is in crisis, its as simple as that and its no co-incidence that the year they fell dramatically was the year the Chief became a board member.
Thanks, mate. You are deadset spot on.

angelduck said:
DRAGONZ - i would NOT get rid of Buderus, he is such a good player, Joey on the other hand is a liability, a very large one. Buderus hasnt been injurd for ages, and completely deserves the money he gets - If the Broncos were loosing would u get rid of Lockyer just to buy more players??
Buderus is a very good player. Agreed.

I can only assume you take "ages" to mean six weeks, because he had a broken hand from memory for the first seven or eight weeks.

Buderus DOES deserve the money he gets. But the point is, Newcastle are losing out by being the club that pays him the money because it means they can't afford to get more players.

This isn't about Newcastle losing or not. It is about injuries and depth. And the LACK of depth that Newcastle have due to the fact they have used one third of their salary cap on 1/12th of their playing roster.

The Knights need to rebuild. Before anything can happen on the field, though, the situation OFF it has to change. It might take six months, it might take a year, it might take two or three. But in the end, Newcastle Knights will benefit from it.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
The board should offer a contract to both Buderus and Johns with a pay cut and if they don't accept, tell them to fuck off.

james_chappo

Neurotic To The Bone
HSC
I agree, the Knights need to let go of John's. No doubt the position of half back is of immense importance in Rugby League, but the Knight's are keeping Johns at the expense of sacrificing good players in other key positions on the field. And anyway, Johns is clearly a liability as he is always getting injured. It's time Newcastle got a fresh start and began focusing on training up the junior players,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)