NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Daammmm eels are still 4 points behind broncocks...hopefully the broncos' winning streak comes to an end soon.

Round 26 eels v broncos - should be a good game if they are still the top 2 teams by then.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
yenta said:
Daammmm eels are still 4 points behind broncocks...hopefully the broncos' winning streak comes to an end soon.

Round 26 eels v broncos - should be a good game if they are still the top 2 teams by then.
yenta said:
EELS FOR 2005 PREMIERSHIP
damn right :) :) :)

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Now's the time to consult the rule book yourself, dear.

Coops put the kick through and Naiqama was, as you correctly point out, in front of the kicker.

However, before Wes made a play at Drugdougall, Coops ran in front of him. This therefore negates the original offside play, because as soon as the kicker of the ball runs in front the rest of his team's chasers, everyone is put onside again.

From the ensuing play, Coops pulled off a one-on-one rake against Drugdougall (or perhaps it was a solid tackle, I couldn't tell from where I was sitting) and then Wes picked it up and put it over the line.

If you want more proof of this rule in action, watch more Roosters games. You will see that almost always, Roosters chasers are offside on kicks. However, Brett Finch (who usually kicks it) screams down the field and thus immediately places everyone onside again, and they are allowed to encroach the ten metre zone, irrespective of whether or not they were originally offside.

I hope that clears it up for you ;)
That's a rule? Interesting. I've never heard it before. I'll try and catch NRL Scoreboard to see what their views are - during the call Laurie Daley and Warren Smith both agreed with me that it was No Try.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
*Cough* 54 - 14 *Cough*

Let us all hope for the sake of you Parramatta fans that the Eels don't make a weak exit from the 2005 comp in the Finals.

Because if so, the fall will hurt more than normally. The greater the height, the worse the fall.

And how about Round 18? THAT should be a good match.

Who's going?

*Ticks off my name, Boo and Kimi*

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
snickerdoodle said:
That's a rule? Interesting. I've never heard it before. I'll try and catch NRL Scoreboard to see what their views are - during the call Laurie Daley and Warren Smith both agreed with me that it was No Try.
Yeah, I heard that both of them said that. WORL forums ;)

And on the Fox replay (which I just watched), they said it should have been a No Try as well.

The whole play gets more complicated because Naiqama was inside the 10 metre circle when Bell made a play at the ball, however Cooper had already run past him by this stage. And as far as the rules state, as soon as the kicker runs past his chasers, everyone is put onside. In fact, Rabs and co were talking about the very rule in the Roosters v Sharks game on Friday (they referred to Brett Finch).

It is rather interesting, though.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
DRAGONZ said:

Who's going?

Im only going in hope to see dragons lose, and possibly tease dragons supporters when they do lose [cos they always tease ME when roosters lose...such evil evil people they are]. Im not gonna cheer for eels though but i must say, Tim Smith is a champ.:)

Boo_

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Yeah, I heard that both of them said that. WORL forums ;)

And on the Fox replay (which I just watched), they said it should have been a No Try as well.

The whole play gets more complicated because Naiqama was inside the 10 metre circle when Bell made a play at the ball, however Cooper had already run past him by this stage. And as far as the rules state, as soon as the kicker runs past his chasers, everyone is put onside. In fact, Rabs and co were talking about the very rule in the Roosters v Sharks game on Friday (they referred to Brett Finch).

It is rather interesting, though.
i never heard of that rule as well...though i could get to like it...

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
snickerdoodle said:
I hear that on NRL Scoreboard, they admitted that they were wrong and that Naiqama's try was, in fact, fair.

Is this true?

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Boo_ said:
um, actually, broncos are the best team...10 in a row...i think the doggies 13 in a row from a few season ago is gonna be passed
Actually Canterbury's record is 17. But the Broncos have to beat the Warriors (in NZ), Sharks, Storm, Bulldogs, Manly, Raiders and Dragons just to equal that record, and then Panthers to break it.

But the longest winning streak is 19, set by the Roosters in the 70's ( I think it went into 2 seasons), and in an ironic twist of fate, the Broncos have to play the Roosters to equal the record. If they do break it it would be rd 26 against Parra

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Suney_J said:
Actually Canterbury's record is 17. But the Broncos have to beat the Warriors (in NZ), Sharks, Storm, Bulldogs, Manly, Raiders and Dragons just to equal that record, and then Panthers to break it.

But the longest winning streak is 19, set by the Roosters in the 70's ( I think it went into 2 seasons), and in an ironic twist of fate, the Broncos have to play the Roosters to equal the record. If they do break it it would be rd 26 against Parra
I hope someone breaks their winning streak- i hate those bronco bitches.

Boo_

HSC
Suney_J said:

oh yeah, it was 17...

wow, they cant lose anymore matches...i awnt broncos to beat the record, but i also want dragons to beat them...ahhh the dilemmas...

*mel*

kimi said:
I hope someone breaks their winning streak- i hate those bronco bitches.
I know, ay? I can't stand seeing Brisbane at the top of the ladder. I hate everything about them... especially their gross maroon jerseys with the crew neck instead of the v-neck thingo.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Boo_ said:
oh yeah, it was 17...

wow, they cant lose anymore matches...i awnt broncos to beat the record, but i also want dragons to beat them...ahhh the dilemmas...
no brad, NO! Both teams wont beat it damn it. ahhh but if it was between broncos and dragons...i hope dragons do before they do. Though i hope u dnt cos it IS OUR record [i think].

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
**MeL**88 said:
I know, ay? I can't stand seeing Brisbane at the top of the ladder. I hate everything about them... especially their gross maroon jerseys with the crew neck instead of the v-neck thingo.
yup, as well as the wankers in the team such as Justin Hodges :chainsaw: , Brad Thorn and damn Lockyer. :chainsaw: I dnt care who beats them, but someone must beat them on the ladder. Hopefully EELS cos they're close to it.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
*Cough* 54 - 14 *Cough*

Let us all hope for the sake of you Parramatta fans that the Eels don't make a weak exit from the 2005 comp in the Finals.

Because if so, the fall will hurt more than normally. The greater the height, the worse the fall.

Who's going?

Lol, like the dragons are any better when it comes to finals?
Anyway, I'll be at the Eels v Dragons match, cheering as the eels smash the dragons!! :):D

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
yenta said:
Anyway, I'll be at the Eels v Dragons match, cheering as the eels smash the dragons!! :):D
agreeeeeeeeeeeeeee! eels > dragons
eels > broncos
eels > *insert any nrl team here*

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
yenta said:
Haha it's a valid point you make there.

However, what I was trying to say is that all Parramatta fans are suddenly thinking they have a big chance to win the premiership this season, but in the process are relying on a halfback in his debut season. Who knows? He might play awesome in the Finals and the Eels go on to win the comp. But he might play bad due to the pressure of Finals' footy, and it will lead to a sad and sorry exit for the boys in blue and gold.

We shall all have to wait and watch.

And the Eels v Dragons match *should* be a good one. It will be interesting to see how our boys are able to back-up from Origin III, because it will be only the two day break.

HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
agreeeeeeeeeeeeeee! eels > dragons
eels > broncos
eels > *insert any nrl team here*
The Eels have only beaten the Dragons once since Ausgust 3, 2001. It doesn't look too good when you only have one victory in almost four years against us, does it?

And just think back to Round 5 this season. If you need help, go here.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
ahaha its so funny when rob gets defensive when people say their team is better than the dragons. I personally hope eels win just to see u get psd off. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)