NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo_

HSC
**MeL**88 said:
Well look at that... it's half time. Dragons are leading 8 - 6. Dragons have scored 2 tries and whoever is kicking has missed both times... It's hard without Head isn't it?
So much for that prediction... leading 32-0 after 15 mins. Yeah right!
lol, they still won right??? haha 28-10...should of been closer though (not that im complaining...)their 6th now, theve taken over melbourne...all we need now is raiders to win, so that roosters aren't in top 8 anymore...but i doubt it, their losing (22-10)

naigama missed the first one, then gorrel missed the next 2 before converting the following 2 tries, then for the last try, ennis missed...resulting in a total of 8 pts that dragons didnt get...

Boo_

HSC
james_chappo said:
GO THE BULLDOGS 10-4 OH YEAH!And the Knights (i tipped them to win) are winning WOOT - 10-4!
lol, go doggies!!! (22-10)
and now knights are losing...(48-26) manly just came out scored twice after half time...

*mel*

Boo_ said:
lol, they still won right??? haha 28-10...should of been closer though (not that im complaining...)their 6th now, theve taken over melbourne...all we need now is raiders to win, so that roosters aren't in top 8 anymore...but i doubt it, their losing (22-10)

naigama missed the first one, then gorrel missed the next 2 before converting the following 2 tries, then for the last try, ennis missed...resulting in a total of 8 pts that dragons didnt get...
yeah they still won. congrats! but damnit... they're moving up in the ladder. as long as we're still in the top 8, it's all good.

Boo_

HSC
haha, of course their moving up the ladder, 8 wins from the past 9 games!!!

a few more roosters losses, and they wont be:)

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
The ref once again won another match for a team. Shane Haines had given 22 penalties and there were still 10 mins to go in the match. No wonder Bellamy blew up.

There were some shocking calls.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
**MeL**88 said:
So much for that prediction... leading 32-0 after 15 mins. Yeah right!
Meh. Big deal.

HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
did broncos win or lose yesterday?
You really, really have to learn to go to The NRL website far more often.

Anyway, I was at the Dragons v Rabbits match today. The lack of creativity inside their twenty was all too evident, and we certainly need Baz back. For now, though, I'd campaign to pull Holdsworth up from PL and leave Ennis on the bench, because Mick can't play five-eighth well.

For the amount of time that we spent camped in their twenty or thirty metre area, we should have scored 50 points today. However, the lack of direction while attacking was disappointing to see.

Once Wes got the try for 18-10, we were always going to run away with it, because Souths had been doing more defending than us and they realised the game was lost.

Hearing at the ground that half-time score was 10-8 to Knights and then getting into the car and hearing Manly were leading 48-26 was crazy.

rightie

lost in suburbia hell
HSC
UP THE MIGHTY BRONCOS !!! they are the best team in the comp and deserve to win the god dam premiership!!

Boo_

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Hearing at the ground that half-time score was 10-8 to Knights and then getting into the car and hearing Manly were leading 48-26 was crazy.
totally, i realli want knights to win a game, but it seems their not to win for a while

10-8 halftime lead was looking promising, but after manly scored 2 tries early in 2nd half, i knew knights wouldnt come back...though they did score a few tries themselves...

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Once Wes got the try for 18-10, we were always going to run away with it, because Souths had been doing more defending than us and they realised the game was lost.
You do realise that should've been No Try right? He was in front of Matt Cooper when Coop kicked the ball, and came inside the 10 when the defence was fumbling around with it. So far inside the 10 in fact, he scored the damn try! I don't actually care, but considering we drew with the Rabbitohs because Jamaal Lolesi was 50 cm inside the 10, I think it's time the Video Refs got a clue. Or a rule book.

But I'm happy because it's such a nice and unusual feeling when the Bulldogs win a game. Aaaahhhh.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
snickerdoodle said:
You do realise that should've been No Try right? He was in front of Matt Cooper when Coop kicked the ball, and came inside the 10 when the defence was fumbling around with it. So far inside the 10 in fact, he scored the damn try!
Now's the time to consult the rule book yourself, dear.

Coops put the kick through and Naiqama was, as you correctly point out, in front of the kicker.

However, before Wes made a play at Drugdougall, Coops ran in front of him. This therefore negates the original offside play, because as soon as the kicker of the ball runs in front the rest of his team's chasers, everyone is put onside again.

From the ensuing play, Coops pulled off a one-on-one rake against Drugdougall (or perhaps it was a solid tackle, I couldn't tell from where I was sitting) and then Wes picked it up and put it over the line.

If you want more proof of this rule in action, watch more Roosters games. You will see that almost always, Roosters chasers are offside on kicks. However, Brett Finch (who usually kicks it) screams down the field and thus immediately places everyone onside again, and they are allowed to encroach the ten metre zone, irrespective of whether or not they were originally offside.

I hope that clears it up for you ;)

Boo_

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Now's the time to consult the rule book yourself, dear.

Coops put the kick through and Naiqama was, as you correctly point out, in front of the kicker.

However, before Wes made a play at Drugdougall, Coops ran in front of him. This therefore negates the original offside play, because as soon as the kicker of the ball runs in front the rest of his team's chasers, everyone is put onside again.

From the ensuing play, Coops pulled off a one-on-one rake against Drugdougall (or perhaps it was a solid tackle, I couldn't tell from where I was sitting) and then Wes picked it up and put it over the line.

If you want more proof of this rule in action, watch more Roosters games. You will see that almost always, Roosters chasers are offside on kicks. However, Brett Finch (who usually kicks it) screams down the field and thus immediately places everyone onside again, and they are allowed to encroach the ten metre zone, irrespective of whether or not they were originally offside.

I hope that clears it up for you ;)
i have to wait till monday to watch the reply...why couldnt they put the match replays on the nrl site as soon as the game is over???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)