NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richz

just to let everyone know... im dont hate any rugby league team, my fav team are the roosters, but i love the game in general there arent really any teams i hate. I dont bag any team out, people have to give out credit where credits due and thats what i do. I also give out my own opinion but i hate people just bagging out teams and being so naive.. Why cant people just be nice to each other. Look about bookie, the truth is that the sharks are struggling, thats true, but they were going all rite before, Kimmorley is just down on confidence he cant get over origin thats why they are struggling. about every team, every team is good, that wat makes nrl so good because it is so unpredictable. Why cant people just get over bagging each other.
this is my opinion of each team:

Broncos: great team prolly win win the premiership, but will struggle post origin period

Eels: solid team, but a bit of a bad choice of having 3 hookers in one team, prolly challenge for the premiership but wont beat the broncos

Sharks: really struggling can be good when kimmorley fires

Cowboys: struggling now, but like the sharks when the fire they can be a threat

Storm: Going well, will be a threat too, lots of great players

Tigers: Young talented but wont win, too inexperienced

Dragons: If they get all personell will win the premiership

Canberra: 1 man team jason smith, if smith is there they win, wont be a threat but can beat any team on its day

Bulldogs: Definitiely a threat, if sherwin finds some form they will win

Roosters: struggling wont makE the 8, on this form

Eagles: wont make the 8, struggling

Warriors: un predictable, can turn it on, but ive never seen a team bomb so many tries

Panthers: really really struggling, all they do is one out stuff which is predictable will continue to use if they dont get second phase play going

Rabbits: Spirited performances, when they win the entire nrl is happy, will need some experienced players next year to build some of their players

Knights: can beat anyone with joey

Last edited by a moderator:

richz

Bookie said:
Shame that the Rorters cant beat them. Must be a shit team to lose to the Sharks. The who? I dont know, but theyre coming third.
u people just make me sick, get over the rorters. people are naive and shit, im just speaking the truth, every shark supporter even knows they are struggling....

all these sport forums are filled with naive people.... they have real experience of sport SO IM NEVER GOING TO COME TO THESE FORUMS AGAIN GOODBYE SAY WHAT U WANT.

Last edited by a moderator:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
xrtzx said:
u people just make me sick, get over the rorters. people are naive and shit, im just speaking the truth, every shark supporter even knows they are struggling....

all these sport forums are filled with naive people.... they have real experience of sport SO IM NEVER GOING TO COME TO THESE FORUMS AGAIN GOODBYE SAY WHAT U WANT.
wow im going to have a cry now that your gone.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
Ahem....I beleive they lost on the weekend with Joey to some team, keep forgetting who
But admit that theyre getting better and better in all aspects: Joey AND Buderus create opportunities for other guys in the team and i think that thats why i think all the knights players are improving so quickly in their performance in both defence and attack. They forced Sharks into golden point time so that must be saying something. And they beat Nth Qld who people were saying were major contenders to win the premiership. So obviously i think Knights will just improve and improve. Plus with most of them being inexperienced- as they keep playing, theyre just gonna get better and better with the help of Joey and Buderus cos they would be use to it by now- while in comparison to beginning of the season- they were in a sense, quite new to first grade. Also with Rabbitohs winning games now, i think there is great pressure on them to win most of their next games and catch up in fear they could get isolated and get the wooden spoon. (but i think its more likely that they get it.) Nevertheless, I enjoy watching Knights win though- it makes me happy.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
But by the time that these guys come good, Joey will have retired, or these young guys would be poached [not mentioning any club names because its someone s birthday and you wouldnt wanna make em unhappy]

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Bookie said:
Hornby v The Peach; Hard one, to very different styles of play, one is one of the best at playing the game and backing up as a half with his skills, and the other a veteran of 224 games with 108 tries to his name who every time he touches the ball, you dont have a clue what hes gonna do. We'll miss ya Peach *sobs* [his last derby]
Bestie v Simmo One leaves, the other comes in for the Sharks. Bestie is beasting it and Simmo needs to pick up his game if he wants to not be a speedhump.
Gasnier v Vagana Awesome contest. Two of the most prolific tryscorers in the game. Bang bang! Hopefully Vagana will pull off more of those cheeky hidden high tackles on the monster Fire up Bitch
Cooper v Mellars/Mellor All the Drags tries will be down here.
Naiqama v Merritt All the Sharks tries will be down here.
Barrett v Dykes The clash of the week. One is an insanely overrated lock who takes cheapshots, and one is a local hero who plays for nothing but the derby. Love to see this matchup.
Sheppard v Noddy Noddy seems a bit recovered from his knee injury he's been carrying for the past month and a half, if he's fully fit, Sheps got no chance against the best in the world.

FORWARDS
Timmins v Gallen Timmins is a slow lock who brings out the best in the players around him. Gallen is a fast player who fucks up tries. But Miles per Gallen is the biggest metre maker in the NRL this year alongside Asotasi so look for another 220m game. Add 35 tackles as well.
Thomo v Bails Two of the biggest derros in the South of Sydney. Ones a workhorse whos never been selected for origin. The other is one of the best tryscoring forwards in the comp who has played for NSW and Australia.
Creagh v Ise/Williams Pretty neutral contest here, not very interesting.
Ryles v Nutley The most overrated piece of fickel cunt little piece of overeated piece of crap of 140 m only when his teams on fire overatted cat against the God of men. Nutley 200m, Ryles 10m, then onto the bench.[size=+2]Ryles is the biggest cat in the NRL [/size]
Young v Kingston/Hilder Hope Waltzing gets back, that'll be awesome, if not Kingstons a hard worker. Dean Young is Piggy II.
Bailey v Hutch Both of these guys are overrated by commentators. Bailey can have a good day, and Hutch can have impact, when he's off the bench.

BENCH
Sims v Galloway Two young prospects, Sims set to become the next Webcke, Galloway set to become the next Ryles [read Ryles description above].
Poore and Payne (hahahaha, poor and pain) v Leuls and Ise/Williams Neutral contest.
Ennis v Sully If Sully fires, he's the best player to watch in the NRL. Dont know if he'll fire,but he should cos its the derby. In saying that, Ennis isnt too bad himself but hes not as exciting as Sully.

VERDICT
Its the derby. No verdict. Cant wait come Sunday.
It'll be Greenshields vs Peachey. Honours to Peachey, but Greenshields should make more metres over the course of the match.

Best over Simmons.

Gaz and Vagana should be a cracker. Can't see a clear winner here.

As you said, Coops pisses all over Mellor and Mellars.

This will be a test for Naiqama. He's a very, very solid winger, but he doesn't have the speed to match Merritt. Cooper will have to help him out in defence this week more than normal. Should be good to watch.

Baz vs Dykes... if the forwards deliver the same performance they did on Sunday, Barrett will tear apart the Sharks defence. If they don't, though, this battle evens up. Honours to Barrett, though.

Hornby vs Kimmorley. On present form, Hornby wins this hands down. In the last twelve Dragons matches, Hornby has played nine full games. We have won every single one. He has missed one and been injured during the other two (and not returned). We have lost all three. However, there's nothing like a local derby to lift Noddy's game. If he rises, he has the goods. At the moment, though, Hornby to win.

Timmins vs Gallen. Clear win to Gallen here, though Timmins provides leadership, and he is by far a likelier match-winner than Gallen.

Thompson vs Bailey ... since Bailey repped, he's done virtually nothing. Thompson wears his heart on his sleeve and has never played poorly in this fixture. Bailey has the potential to score tries, but Thompson's second phase play could create havoc for a retreating Sharks defence. Interesting matchup.

Creagh vs Williams (I would presume) --- Creagh's stunning return to form on Sunday signals danger for your team. He's our biggest hitter in defence, and he made two line breaks last week as well. Chosen in the 30 man Origin squad too. He is way in front of a hard-working Williams.

Ryles vs Nutley is a cracker. NSW #10 vs Qld #10. Nutley works harder and makes more metres but Ryles is more skilful and has the offload. He led by example last week with the (c) next to his name, and I wouldn't disagree with leaving it there this weekend despite the return of Barrett. Can't wait to see these two rip into each other.

Young vs Hilder/Kingston/anyone. Doesn't matter who Youngie is up against, he wins. He'll play for Australia one day, and probably captain them too. He's not at the top of the St George Bank Medal 2005 for nothing. Hasn't played a poor game all year.

Bailey vs Maiava --- a prop who's done everything before 25 in Bailey. His performance last week was brilliant. He has the goods here. Maiava is definitely a better impact player, but he has to start due to Stevens's idiocy.

Sims vs Galloway --- interested to see how these two go under this sort of pressure. Sims should play for Australia by 2009 or so. Galloway is accused of being a pretender, but he still does good things. Either way, Sims right on top in this battle despite his lack of form. Sunday was his best match of the season, though.

Poore vs Leulaui (not sure how the spelling is here :S) --- Poore also to play for Australia in the future. Imagine a Dragons front row for Australia (8. Sims 9. Young 10. Poore hahaha). Big Phil is an impact player, but he is outshone here by his younger counterpart considerably.

Payne vs Isemonger --- interesting tussle. Isemonger consistently solid. Payne a bit on-and-off. Isemonger ahead, I'd say.

Ennis vs Sullivan --- all year everyone's been waiting for Ennis to shine. He still hasn't done this. Sullivan is super-exciting and creates a lot of danger off the bench. He definitely takes the points here.

Overall, player for player, the Sharks to lose by 30.

However, team vs team, Dragons by 10.

The fact that it's a derby, though, throws everything up in the air. Could be one team by 2, one by 10, or one by 40.

Dragons aren't afraid of the Sharks recently, though:

PAST CLASHES

2004 - Round 20 - Dragons 26 - 14

2004 - Round 8 - Dragons 42 - 12

2003 - Round 23 - Sharks 25 - 16

2003 - Round 8 - Dragons 28 - 12

Oh well. Can't wait until Sunday. Should be a bloody ripper.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
But by the time that these guys come good, Joey will have retired, or these young guys would be poached [not mentioning any club names because its someone s birthday and you wouldnt wanna make em unhappy]
i know what you're implying.

Why does it always end up having something to do with the Roosters when it has NOTHING to do with Roosters in the first place. You're a fucken prick- shit stirer. Just STFU.

and OMG Rob- how long did it take u to type ALL that. Its making me dizzy looking at it. Jeez. However, im hoping Sharks win- its gonna be a really good game though-

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Hehe heya dear.

I hope you had a brilliant birthday today!! *Hugs*

I'm sure bookie will take the time to read it. After all, it IS the match of the season for our two clubs!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I had a good read, because you seemed to have read mine. Like your matchups, and I was wishing it would be 1. Horns, 7. Shep instead of 1.Greenshield, 7.Horns. Greenshields is a fucking superstar. Whens he off contract?

It seems you dont think Ryles is a cat. Well he is. Trent "Tampon (One week in, three weeks out)" Barrett is gonna get shitted by Dykes. Fuck Kimmorley that out of form 4 footer. Dykes is the man.

DRAGONZ said:
Imagine a Dragons front row for Australia (8. Sims 9. Young 10. Poore hahaha).
It's gonna be a reality. I mean Creagh shouldnt have been selected in the thirty. I know its part of the Showbag deal that all Dragons players get. Buy the Dragons showbag, and get free rep jerseys - doesnt matter if you play shit!

Fuck the Rorters, now its the Dragons. How cana team with so many out of form players have so many reps (I'm talking early season) - the wraps that Creagh and Young got by Channel 9 and stuff. Gallen and Hilder shit all over them. Gallen probably will get one shot at NSW, and he'll take it, but Hilder will be the Priddis behind the Buderus. Hilder is a machine. In fact, not a priddis, hes more like the hard work story of Simon Bonetti. Waltzings a legend, and so is Kingston. Kingston shits all over Young as well. All the Dragons are overrated hyped pieces of shit, BAR Greenshields, Hornby, Gasnier and Cooper

Theres my $0.02 for today.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Bookie said:
I had a good read, because you seemed to have read mine. Like your matchups, and I was wishing it would be 1. Horns, 7. Shep instead of 1.Greenshield, 7.Horns. Greenshields is a fucking superstar. Whens he off contract?
I turned out to be right ;)

Greenshields is off contract this season, but it looks almost certain that he'll resign with us for 2006 for unders, before going to Gold Coast in 2007.

Bookie said:
It's gonna be a reality. I mean Creagh shouldnt have been selected in the thirty. I know its part of the Showbag deal that all Dragons players get. Buy the Dragons showbag, and get free rep jerseys - doesnt matter if you play shit!.
The reason Creagh and Young were chosen in the thirty man squad this season (and Creagh in City v Country) is that it pushes up their salaries. Have a look at who the NSW coach is. Then have a look at who is retiring from the Roosters at the end of the season. Yeah, some dude who wears jersey 13.

Creagh is a ready-made lock. While he is more damaging out wider in the second row, he is still perfect for a lock anyway. The Roosters either weren't sure they were going to gun for Ashley Harrison or they just wanted to force up Creagh's price to put pressure on the Dragons.

Either way, buddy. Both Creagh and Young will play for NSW soon.

Bookie said:
Fuck the Rorters, now its the Dragons. How cana team with so many out of form players have so many reps (I'm talking early season) - the wraps that Creagh and Young got by Channel 9 and stuff. Gallen and Hilder shit all over them. Gallen probably will get one shot at NSW, and he'll take it, but Hilder will be the Priddis behind the Buderus. Hilder is a machine. In fact, not a priddis, hes more like the hard work story of Simon Bonetti. Waltzings a legend, and so is Kingston. Kingston shits all over Young as well. All the Dragons are overrated hyped pieces of shit, BAR Greenshields, Hornby, Gasnier and Cooper

Theres my $0.02 for today.
Dragons had 7 in the 30 man squad. Panthers had 6. Roosters had 4 in NSW and 2 in Qld, from memory. None of these teams were in good form, and I guess we can still argue that none of them are in good form. The Sharks blew up deluxe over this. However, at the start of the season, those three teams were the "team of champions" while the Sharks were the "champion team".

The comparison between Hilder and Bonetti is a valid one, definitely.

I've included an attachment comparing Deano's and Waltzing's seasons. Looking at that, mate, Youngie wins hands down. No question.

davo_

good kid
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
I turned out to be right ;)

Greenshields is off contract this season, but it looks almost certain that he'll resign with us for 2006 for unders, before going to Gold Coast in 2007.

The reason Creagh and Young were chosen in the thirty man squad this season (and Creagh in City v Country) is that it pushes up their salaries. Have a look at who the NSW coach is. Then have a look at who is retiring from the Roosters at the end of the season. Yeah, some dude who wears jersey 13.

Creagh is a ready-made lock. While he is more damaging out wider in the second row, he is still perfect for a lock anyway. The Roosters either weren't sure they were going to gun for Ashley Harrison or they just wanted to force up Creagh's price to put pressure on the Dragons.

Either way, buddy. Both Creagh and Young will play for NSW soon.
Agreed 100%. Creagh is (/will be) a superstar. He's a very good player. You should realise though, that playing lock gives a bloke like Creagh more freedom around the park, so what you said about playing in the back row isn't exactly true. I remember watching him in what I think was his debut game(if it wasn't his debut it was one of his earlier appearences) against the Eels when the Dragons got up against the odds. In fact one of my mates made his debut that day - Aaron Wheatley- maybe you know of him DRAGONZ?

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Dragons issued with breach notice
[font size=-2]19 July 2005[/font]

The NRL has today issued the St George IIlawarra Dragons with a breach notice following comments by the club's coach, Nathan Brown, during a press conference after Sunday's Manly game.

The breach notice recommends a $10,000 fine and gives the Dragons five working days during which to make submissions in relation to the breach notice.

While indicating that the Dragons were being refereed differently to rival teams it was suggested:

"It's a joke really… I'll find you 50 occasions where they could've penalised Manly but because we're the Saints, the perception is we're undisciplined."

"…Last week Tim Mander penalised us three times for marker play, if it was a Broncos jumper … no."

"…That score was going to be 50 today mate but that probably wasn't going to suit some other people."

"…Because I'm apparently an easy going fella and because St George have been undisciplined for five years, we'll just keep running with the same call every week, 'cause that's what the public think, …it's bulls**t really."

The NRL accepts the right of coaches to criticise a referee's decision or to criticise a referee's overall performance in a game.

"We accept that in the context of the press conference that this was not a planned attack on the referees, but we have also made it very clear to coaches and chief executives that it is improper to resort to accusations of bias," NRL chief executive, Mr David Gallop said today.

"Even where there may be a lack of intent to breach the rules, we cannot allow attacks on the integrity of the official or the use of inflammatory or derogatory language in relation to referees.

"We have said consistently that if you assert that referees are biased you will be fined.

"Claims of bias against any club are untrue and referees have to be protected from such accusations. They are the sort of claims that can put the game in the courts if left unchecked.

"There is an enormous difference between believing someone made a mistake and suggesting that the mistake was made out of bias."

First Webcke got off, now this. Have the NRL gone nuts?

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
davo_ said:
Agreed 100%. Creagh is (/will be) a superstar. He's a very good player. You should realise though, that playing lock gives a bloke like Creagh more freedom around the park, so what you said about playing in the back row isn't exactly true. I remember watching him in what I think was his debut game(if it wasn't his debut it was one of his earlier appearences) against the Eels when the Dragons got up against the odds. In fact one of my mates made his debut that day - Aaron Wheatley- maybe you know of him DRAGONZ?
Point about him playing lock accepted. You are correct.

That night (Round 11, 2004, from memory) wasn't his debut. However, we did have 12 regular first graders out that night and went to Parramatta Stadium with everyone expecting us to get smashed. Everyone was awesome that night, and Matty Head played the game of his life. We won 37 - 6 :D

I was at Benny's ACTUAL debut, which was against the Warriors at Kogarah in 2003. Something like Round 20 or 21. His first ever touch in NRL footy resulted in him getting smashed and knocking on. Ten minutes later, he knocked on cold. I was so angry (we were within four points or something and conceeded a try in the last five minutes) because both times we were in attack, and I turned to dad and flamed Creagh. He looked at me and said, "Shutup. You just watch this kid, Rob. I've seen lots of players come and go, but I know one thing for sure. This guy is going to be a superstar."

Today, whenever Creagh does something brilliant, dad just looks at me and smiles. I conceeded defeat a long time ago.

And you are mates with Aaron Wheatley? Awesome! He's a solid player. Goes great guns in Premier League. His problem is that the Dragons just have a goldmine in the forward stocks, with Bailey, Ryles, Sims, Poore, Timmins, Thompson, Young, Payne, Manu, Kelly, Ennis, Gorrell, Norrie, Leano and Wheatley all competing for first grade. That's 15 players going for 9 or 10 spots, so quality players are missing out.

Tell him to keep his head up. I have a feeling he might want to look for another club because of the lack of first grade footy, but it would be awesome if he could stick with the Dragons.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I suppose you could say Young is geoing better than Hilder by those stas, but Hilders off for 30-40 minutes each game when Sullivan's on. Still overrated. And while you're posting NRL stats, wanna show Jane Ryles v God of Men (Nutley).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)