NRL Thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiga

I dont know bout Gaz

It depends IMO, Im not sure but if hes marking Mellars then he will score plenty, if Vagana's on him he will be quiet all match for sure! Either way, we've got plenty of points in us with Dykes and Merritt working well together, and Peachey always scores/sets up a few so who knows!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
GOT MY HILL TICKET TODAY!!!!!! I'll be there for JF on the 50m

Schoolies2004 said:
Firstly, on Hilder, I would rate him higher than Young! Hilder realistically is being hampered by having to play hooker because he simply isnt one, hes a second rower! So any stats he has would be way better if he didnt hav to be played out of position. Hilder is also WAY more consistant than Young and is better defensively IMO (although this year hasnt been his best with limited game time!!)
Hilder is a ledg and I agree with you 100%.

schoolies 2004 said:
As for Albert being signed, its interesting. He recently resigned with his ESL club and their site said it was all rumours, but in the local newspaper some weeks back it had Steve Rogers saying some talks had occured and that they were confident they might get him......... yet Albert denies this. Who knows
though, there are some issues with Albert and his club, they are trying to retain him and some other gun player, Im just hoping that maybe they decide to take the other dude and not Albert! Also of interest is Peachey, if the club hes going to (cant remember name - maybe Widnes or something) get relegated his contract would be void because its conditional, if this did occur I would HOPE that after his red hot form in the last weeks the sharkies would come to their senses and sign him!!!!!!!!!!!
Dream on about Albert, he'll never come. As for Peach, if Widnes get relegated, I dont think the Peach will re-sign. He'll probably go off to another English team. I really want him to stay, but I dont think he'll stay.

schoolies 2004 said:
My team for 06'

1. Brown 2.Simmons 3.Vagana 4.Pomeroy 5.Albert 6.Dykes 7.Noddy 13.Gallen 12.Bails 11.Hilder 10.Ross 9.Latu 8.Nutley

Bench : Williams, Leulawai, Bird, Hutch

IMO thats a very strong site, that pack especially would be VERY good with blokes like Hutch and Williams coming off the bench, and more over Mapp in PL as quality depth. The backline would be alittle under done, with Brown havin to debut but from what Ive seen of him, hes an up and coming start! If we get Albert as well this would mean we have virtually two of the fastest wingers in the comp! (Albert is currently the fastest in ESL and Simmo is prity quick - refer to him chasing down Bowen this year)

Bookie, I saw you forgot Hutch mate, he is surely a must.

In place of Albert if we dont get him I would have maybe Beau Scott or some PL player like Goodwin, I dont rate Covell he is just to slow for a winger whos job is to support etc and unfortunately we have an abundance of quality second rowers. This would create a goal kicking problem but I think Hilder showed in 04 that he can kick and with work in the off season he could become a 70%+ kicker.
Wont disagree with the team for next year (btw, I did forget Hutch) - except that Albert wont come, where we put in Covell (he made Country, he couldnt be THAT bad, although I wouldnt mind blooding Goodwin up. That'd be awesome - hes porbably the best player in JF competition.) As for Hilder starting - I suppose hes more of a starter than a benchie, so I wuld start him ahead of Williams - bloody hell, we have the best squad of (possible) backrowers in the world [Gallen, Bailey, Nutley, Hilder, R Williams, Stosic, Leuleuai, Isemonger, Bird, Mellars - add to that the released Galloway and Lomu] , but no backs!

schoolies 2004 said:
If not 05, in 06 the Premiership is coming to the shire!!
Wish I could think like you buddy.

buggdogg said:
I think you'll find the sharkies have already picked their fullback for next year and its simmons. They've been keen for him to play there from the begiining and that's why they didn't bother to much with lettin Peach go. The way Simmons plays you can tell he's a very good fullback and the sharks would be stupid not to use him their.
I think you've been paying too much attention to the media wraps of Simmons (anyone see that filthy RLW article?)

schoolies 2004 said:
News out to, Sharks have officially signed Latu!! Not bad going, hes an international - unfortunately hampered by illness and coach Kemp! Hopefuly hes in line to be an 80 min hooker, something we need to free up the bench. Now the loss of Sullivan isnt to bad
Sullivans creativity is like no other in the NRL. Hes the biggest defensive fuckup, but man can he create. Latu will be good, dont mind him.

schoolies 2004 said:
He will definetely make himself at home, the sharks have recruited alot of non-aussies recently:

Hutch
Mellars
Manua
Leulawai
Stosic

to Name a few.
Naming a few, how about that Nigel something or the other? Always thought he was a decent player..

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Fucking Bulldogs fans. Trying to destroy their own stadium. Stupid bastards. Thats what happens when the average IQ of your club is somewhere between 30-40. YEH BRO! FKN DOGGYS ON THE RMPAAGE!!!!

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Bookie said:
Fucking Bulldogs fans. Trying to destroy their own stadium. Stupid bastards. Thats what happens when the average IQ of your club is somewhere between 30-40. YEH BRO! FKN DOGGYS ON THE RMPAAGE!!!!

You're an idiot. You're not doing Sharks fans any favours.

Over 29 000 people there, one idiot does something stupid and suddenly all Bulldogs supporters are dumb??

I really hope the person gets caught and gets a life ban. I was pretty close to the incident and it was sooo loud. People started walking away from the area.

Seriously making generalisations like that is pretty stupid

davo_

good kid
HSC
What's everyone think of the idea to take points off/fine a club for their fans? I personally think it's a load of bollocks... A club has no official capacity to control their fans - sure they should do their best to stop things happening- but there is no official connection between a club and the fans. And also: whats to stop a fan of an opposing team dressing up in a team such as the Bulldog's colours and running a muck.

I think more than a life ban is in order... But the club should not be punished.

Last edited:

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Bookie said:
I agree with Suney_J here.

"Forget about it being the Bulldogs ... we are just talking about a couple of idiots ...

I think the bulldogs have made great inroads into making footy watchable at their home grounds and some of their strategies for crowd control and inclusion are worth sticking up for.

BUT what we are talking about here is a few total idiots thinking a bunger would add to the atmosphere. In todays climate there is no wonder Clark shat himself - any unplanned explosion in a croweded public area is going to result in people thinking one thing and one thing only ... Terrorism .. its the stupid climate that we are living in now ... I hope the cops throw the book at them and make a real example of these lunatics who just happen to also support the dogs."

That pretty much sums it up.

And ooooh it's time for the clubs in the eight to get scared. They are coming hard and fast! That said, Brisbane shot themselves in the foot so many times last night that I almost started expecting them to stuff up when they got the ball. A top match to watch.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
DRAGONZ said:
In todays climate there is no wonder Clark shat himself - any unplanned explosion in a croweded public area is going to result in people thinking one thing and one thing only ... Terrorism
Nah
Although I only watched it on TV, I knew it waz another one of thoze idiot settin off a firework straight away.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
Who cares about the Bulldogs, there are more important matches to be played. In particular at Kogarah.
Agreed! SHARKS TO THE BITTER END! Lets get a win boys, in fact, i predict a 30 point annihilation of the dragons! lol, i wish, i just want the sharkies to keep it close!

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Damn it DRAGONZ! you gotta make a spelling error soon! And im gonna catch it! :D
You cant keep this clean sheet for to much longer! :p

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Suney_J said:
You're an idiot. You're not doing Sharks fans any favours.

Over 29 000 people there, one idiot does something stupid and suddenly all Bulldogs supporters are dumb??

I really hope the person gets caught and gets a life ban. I was pretty close to the incident and it was sooo loud. People started walking away from the area.

Seriously making generalisations like that is pretty stupid
I love you :D.

I was watching it on TV and I could tell straight away it was firecracker of some sort...then again my neighbours had a firecracker obsession awhile ago and my ears have been well trained to spot the sound. It was stupid and I'm sure hella annoying for the spectators, and I sincerely hope a life ban is handed down.

It was great match! Webcke not being involved in Origin has made him into a freakin battering ram...the battle up front was fantastic. And Sherwin seems to be playing better also. Heeee *is giddy*.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
davo_ said:
What's everyone think of the idea to take points off/fine a club for their fans? I personally think it's a load of bollocks... A club has no official capacity to control their fans - sure they should do their best to stop things happening- but there is no official connection between a club and the fans. And also: whats to stop a fan of an opposing team dressing up in a team such as the Bulldog's colours and running a muck.

I think more than a life ban is in order... But the club should not be punished.
Yeah I agree. Taking points off has no affect. The idiot that let off that bunger doesnt care about the club, if he did he wouldnt of let it off in the first place.

But what annoys me is in the papers all you read is "Bulldogs win, but crowd spoils it". They dont mention that the only reason why this idiot got arrested was because he was trying to run away but got chased by Bulldogs fans and was restrained in a headlock until security arrived, not to mention he copped a few punches and is likely to have a few bruised this morning. Sucked in

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Nah
Although I only watched it on TV, I knew it waz another one of thoze idiot settin off a firework straight away.
Knew that too, LMF. Notice that there were quotation marks around the majority of that post, indicating that someone else said it ;) ... I took it off the WORL forums.

Bookie said:
Who cares about the Bulldogs, there are more important matches to be played. In particular at Kogarah. On Sunday. At 3pm. See you there buddy.
The loser of tomorrow's match is certainly going to care :S

Random_87 said:
Lets get a win boys, in fact, i predict a 30 point annihilation of the dragons!
Good luck with that. Seriously.

Random_87 said:
Damn it DRAGONZ! you gotta make a spelling error soon! And im gonna catch it! :D
You cant keep this clean sheet for to much longer! :p
And hahaha. I don't even bother checking the posts. So yeah, an error will come. Then it shall be your day to rejoice! :D :)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Spoiler for the current score in the NRL match between Warriors and Raiders below:

At halftime, NZ Warriors lead Canberra Raiders 12-6.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
JesusLand said:

BRING BACK REP

BRING BACK REP
Hey buddy.

If you want to be a dick like that, I suggest you stay the hell out of the NRL forum.

Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)