NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
jhakka said:
About 15 minutes into the second half it was damn ridiculous. One play went for about 30 seconds, and they were going bloody backwards.

Loved how the crowd went nuts when we got back into the game (for a little while) after our score rose to 22.
Yeh, but then they slowly regained better play in the second half, there were times when it was just continuous for a while. Their completion rates in the first half were like fractured, they were shit. Plus, i think the biggest problems for the last few games that they have lost is the possession and defence. They cant hold onto the ball properly and they cant defend for shit. Like when Fitzy let that guy(cant remember, waterhouse?) run pass him to score that try, i wanted to punch Fitzy right there.

And yeh, the crowd was awesome when we got back into the game-as always. Especially in the Chook Pen- its beautiful in there. People screaming in ur ear, i went deaf for a few good mins. And the 'Finchy Brigade'- them girls are funny.

I dnt think Noddy will leave, Vagana will but not Noddy. Plus, where would be go but?> He wont go to the UK.

Last edited:

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Didnt the sharks do something about getting Vagana a job if he played out his carrer for the sharkies? I read that somewhere..... anyway, if we lose him we wont change that much cos Bailey doesnt give him the ball much anyway.... But ill miss him if he goes, hes got great ability for line breaks when he actually gets the ball. But as Bookie said: its all rumour right?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm according to my warriors sources he will not return to the warriors. oh well. theres also rumour that sione fauminia will join johns at warrington for a cameo appearce. quite stupid really, the last thing we need is one of our best kiwi players unavailable for the trinations, along with the 8 others. thank god for benji and sonny bill.

J

jhakka

kimi said:
Yeh, but then they slowly regained better play in the second half, there were times when it was just continuous for a while. Their completion rates in the first half were like fractured, they were shit. Plus, i think the biggest problems for the last few games that they have lost is the possession and defence. They cant hold onto the ball properly and they cant defend for shit. Like when Fitzy let that guy(cant remember, waterhouse?) run pass him to score that try, i wanted to punch Fitzy right there.

And yeh, the crowd was awesome when we got back into the game-as always. Especially in the Chook Pen- its beautiful in there. People screaming in ur ear, i went deaf for a few good mins. And the 'Finchy Brigade'- them girls are funny.

I dnt think Noddy will leave, Vagana will but not Noddy. Plus, where would be go but?> He wont go to the UK.
You're in the Chook Pen? Me and my dad hang out in Kevin Hastings. Two down from you, I think.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I do still hope its all rumour Random. But seriously, we're deadset over the cap next year (Noddy 450k, Nigel 350k, Ross 400k, Albert 300k - half our cap on 4 guys....)

Copious said:
hmm according to my warriors sources he will not return to the warriors. oh well. theres also rumour that sione fauminia will join johns at warrington for a cameo appearce. quite stupid really, the last thing we need is one of our best kiwi players unavailable for the trinations, along with the 8 others. thank god for benji and sonny bill
Sorry to wreck your party, but Benji wont be playing Tri Natons because he's gonna get a shoulder reconstruction then [apparently], and the likeliness of SBW staying in the game uninjured for more than a week seems rare.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Bookie said:
...and the likeliness of SBW staying in the game uninjured for more than a week seems rare.
Sonny Bill Williams --- the greatest player to never play 100 games.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
I do still hope its all rumour Random. But seriously, we're deadset over the cap next year (Noddy 450k, Nigel 350k, Ross 400k, Albert 300k - half our cap on 4 guys....)
hahaha, well join that list that you out lined as cheats earlier in the season, wont we? :)

Yeah it looks like we'll need a miracle.... or some pay cuts (but that would never happen, arrogant, over payed asses). Oh well, we'll just see how much over (or under, with the help of a miracle) budget we are at the beginnin of next year.

But dont you think its funny that we'll be over budget, yet we will once again struggle to make the 8? I guess thats the life of a sharks player. :p

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Sonny Bill Williams --- the greatest player to never play 100 games.
He's 19. That's what, 14 more years of first grade? Give the kid a break.

Oh and considering Patten, El Masri, Tonga, Sherwin (he broke his thumb - out for 4 weeks) and Utai (who will be serving a 2 week suspension for a high tackle) are all out, you can pretty much count the Bulldogs out of the finals race. If you haven't already. It figures that once we got some forwards back, out back line fell to pieces.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
snickerdoodle said:
He's 19. That's what, 14 more years of first grade? Give the kid a break.
Of which he'll spend 13 year on the sidelines. Reminds me of Trent Tampon Barrett [one week in, four weeks out].

Random 87 said:
hahaha, well join that list that you out lined as cheats earlier in the season, wont we?

Yeah it looks like we'll need a miracle.... or some pay cuts (but that would never happen, arrogant, over payed asses). Oh well, we'll just see how much over (or under, with the help of a miracle) budget we are at the beginnin of next year.

But dont you think its funny that we'll be over budget, yet we will once again struggle to make the 8? I guess thats the life of a sharks player.
Without Da Peach, nothings possible.

kimi said:
And the 'Finchy Brigade'- them girls are funny
THATS HIGHLARIOUS! People that actually support Finch must be the biggest laughing stock in the game

Random_87

HSC
N/A
angelduck said:
personally the race to not get the wooden spoon is more interesting as the race for the top 8
Well of course thats gonna be more exciting to you because you support Newcastle..... duh! Its like if newcastle was bordering on a top 8 spot then you would be more intrested in the top 8, right?

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
THATS HIGHLARIOUS! People that actually support Finch must be the biggest laughing stock in the game
Its not my idea, its run by a group of 15year olds. I was even considering joining- but since i saw what he did on Sunday :vcross: . Plus, he annoys me atm.

angelduck said:
and they lost to the knights, its gonna be a huge crowd this week at energy aust, been steadily building since they started winning again, personally the race to not get the wooden spoon is more interesting as the race for the top 8
Yeh, Knights are undoubtly getting better and better. Im like, so scared of them- thank fuckin god Roosters arent gonna play them again this season. But i love it how they want to sabotage other's teams' chances of making the top8. Its funny :p. Plus, im scared now cos it might be Roosters who might get the wooden spoon at the state we're going, but Knights will definitely not get it. I hope the Rabbitohs do.

angelduck said:
im NOT a newy supporter, more a storm supporter, which is unfortunate atm, i just live in newcastle
I think i should be going for Para cos i live in the area, but pfft- i love Roosters.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Well said Bookie! I think that Melbourne is the only team to have been beaten by the sharks 2 times this year, and i'd just like to add, BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! first we win by 20 then 24, what is goin on? I got nuthin against melbourne, i quite like there side actually, but to lose to the sharks 2 in one year and be thoroughly beaten both times is embarassing, hell, even souths walloped us, but we beat penrith and newcastle, so were ok... either way, same again this weekend!

GOT CRONULLA? hahaha :D like Got Milk? only funnier to say :D

madmanjd

HSC
kimi said:
Plus, im scared now cos it might be Roosters who might get the wooden spoon at the state we're going, but Knights will definitely not get it. I hope the Rabbitohs do.
thats wat i said, knights are too good atm. problem is, panthers have a bye, souths are on fire, knights need 4/4 wins which wont happen. they're fucked. is johns playin this wk? he got injured at the end of the match vs bulldogs... :(
oh yeah if knights DO win all 4 games their for/against fucks em up.

y do sharks have to play the IN FORM souths and knights 2 times this season :(
we shoulda played em week 1, 2, 6 and 7 not like 18, 19, 25, 26.

Jiga

I dont think Vagana or Noddy will be leaving to be honest. Noddy has outright denied the claims, so hes more than likely not going, and given that we are not currently looking for a centre to replace Vagana, it musnt be the cards that he leaves. And i further doubt thye have Beau Scott in line to take his position.

hahaha, well join that list that you out lined as cheats earlier in the season, wont we?

But dont you think its funny that we'll be over budget, yet we will once again struggle to make the 8? I guess thats the life of a sharks player.
Althought some players are being paid highly, this has been made possible by last years 'bargain buys'. We got Dykes relatively cheap cos he was out of form, injured and not in 1st grade. We got Covell REALLY cheap. We wouldnt have paid much for Maiava either, considering the dogs were offloading him. And on top of this we got a hand full of NEwtown boys who would be getting paid crap all - so realistically I doubt we would be over the cap, I would say this year we were well under and next year we would have filled it with a quality side.

On the top 8, I think we have a very real chance of going well next year, the club made some great signings, albeit realtively late ones, and filled some crucial positions that were lacking, mainly in our backline (Our pack is strong as anything and only needed a replacement for Stevo -> Ross). Also we purchased a hooker which we badly needed and this will help 10 fold next year. Lastly, Ciraldo, who played on the weekend is looking to be resigned by the sharks after speculation he was going to the dogs, this is very good news. Our only major loss is Peachey, but losing him may have its benefits, hopefully Simmo take up the role of your Minichello tpye wingers and provides some good support play off Noddy, something Peach lacked (Although he set up far more than ur avg FB and scored a few to - hopefully Noddy and Dykes take over this role)

My 06 team would look abit like this:

1. Simmons
2. Albert
3. Vagana
4. Scott
5. Peterson (Hopefully!)
6. Dykes
7. Kimmorley
8. Ross
9. Latu
10. Nutley
11. Bailey
12. Gallen
13. Hilder

14. Ciraldo - Replaces Backrower
15. Hutch - Replaces Prop
15. Williams - Repalces Prop
17. Pomeroy - Replaces Backrower

To me, thats a top 4 side (Provided they can get it all together) and a team which unlike this year, will have great attacking power in the backline - essentaially it will finally be well balanced!

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Ok, Schoolies your right, that looks like a good side for next year. but top 4......no. Dont get me wrong, i'd love to go top 4 next season, i just cant see it happenin next year. And take Petersen uta there! arghh, the man cant play! am i the only one who sees that? He has no idea where to stand on his wing and constantly is outta positions for both long kicks and in goal kicks.I just dont wanna us to be disadvantaged by his shit positional play, and the fact i'd rather have covell there, ok, so covell's not to good either but at least he can kick! and Noddy's kicking has been shit house whenever we've needed a kicker! if only Chris Andersen never traded Preston.... that stupid ass ruined our team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)