O-Week: Worth it? (1 Viewer)

Scorch

HSC
Triangulum said:
Middle level of Manning, floor below the bar.
Oh, there's a manning building?

Shows how much I know. :p

DeepDarkRose said:
I might see you at Arty Starty Day then, I'll be a mentor, you might even end up in my group since you'll be doing ancient history.

The access office is in manning house on the first level, so the level below manning bar. If you walk in through the main entrance, go right and you'll see it right there.

You can get your access card on arty starty day, I'm sure the access office will be part of the tour around uni we have to take you guys on, it always is.
Oh, awesome. Well yeah, I'm taking introductory Latin, Introductory Italian, Foundations for Ancient Greece and Greek and Roman Myth, for my first semester. :p

So it's a good idea to go to Arty Starty day?

DeepDarkRose

HSC
Scorch said:
Oh, awesome. Well yeah, I'm taking introductory Latin, Introductory Italian, Foundations for Ancient Greece and Greek and Roman Myth, for my first semester. :p

My gosh you're like me reincarnated.... I did introductory Latin, introductory Italian, Ancient Greece and Classical Mythology (the old version of Greek and Roman Myth) in my first semester..... argh crazy

And yes there's a manning building... it's on the map hehe

Arty Starty can be worth it if you want to ask any questions from someone who's done it all before, cause lots of things don't appear in handbooks and pamphlets. Plus you'll meet people from your degree so you can make friends if you don't have any coming with you from high school.

Scorch

HSC
DeepDarkRose said:
My gosh you're like me reincarnated.... I did introductory Latin, introductory Italian, Ancient Greece and Classical Mythology (the old version of Greek and Roman Myth) in my first semester..... argh crazy
How uncanny. :p

And yes there's a manning building... it's on the map hehe
'Twould be a cause for concern if it wasn't.

Arty Starty can be worth it if you want to ask any questions from someone who's done it all before, cause lots of things don't appear in handbooks and pamphlets. Plus you'll meet people from your degree so you can make friends if you don't have any coming with you from high school.
Well that's also a good point of it. Awesome. Well who knows, I might end up with you as my mentor. At least I'll be easy to spot. :p

HSC
I'm sticking up for Ancient History, guys! Hey Scorch you were doing almost all the same subjects I intended to do when I enrolled...my how that changed.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
jbnc said:
Also a small coffee (flat white) costs $2.95 now but it's the same price it was last yr for access holders $2.30.
$2.95? What a bloody joke! Donut King will certainly be regaining my business this year, even if it is a little out of the way since I don't have to walk through Wentworth anymore.

pablito

HSC
fark,
was kinda hoping they would have near east for ancient history!
what units can i do, which investigate civilsations like the hittites, hurrians ect..?

DeepDarkRose

HSC
pablito said:
fark,
was kinda hoping they would have near east for ancient history!
what units can i do, which investigate civilsations like the hittites, hurrians ect..?
not sure if we have anything like that anymore...
ancient history is quite limited to greece and rome. there used to be other courses years ago for egypt and near eastern stuff but they've all disappeared unfortunately.

there might be some archaeology ones about the near east?

niteshade1312

HSC
Yay Arty Starty Day! I get to taunt .. I mean.. 'meet' some of you Newbies!!! Definately a great way of meeting some people and although the day is quite an 'interesting' one to say the least, an easy way of meeting people in some of your courses and faculty!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
DeepDarkRose said:
you can go to uni and get it now at the access office in manning, if you haven't gone to enroll yet, go on the same day you do that, there'll probably be no line and no waiting :)
oh lah, thanks for reminding me to get one when i enrol

boris2003

HSC
Scorch said:
That and Ancient History.
and what do you wanna be, i'll be doing the same course and will major in Anicent History as well, Cheers

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Yeah, go to o-week for the free stuff alone. Lots of companies try to whore their products to the hip, trendsetting uni crowd by giving out samples. (Goulburn Valley or something was giving out free cups of delicious juice last year, for example.)

Also, apparently the english department is holding a second-hand book sale during o-week. I am so there. (Unless it turns out to be some tiny one in a classroom buried in the middle of Woolley, in which case screw it.)

Last edited:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I liked the year there was free green tea and a jumping castle.

Typical free items
- lollypops (the cheap ones)
- sausage sandwiches
- bacon and egg rolls (for brekkie)
- condoms
- fairy floss
- snow cones (possibly not anymore.. they were there in 06)
- stickers
- tshirts (ok not free, only if you join specific socs)

and more.

DeepDarkRose

HSC
don't forget free pens hehe

could totally stock up on stationery for the year at oweek

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
DeepDarkRose said:
don't forget free pens hehe

could totally stock up on stationery for the year at oweek
Oooh yes. And free co-op lecture books.

OH OH possibly the best thing is the year planners the co-op gives out. Those huge poster-sized things with the whole year on them. So useful.

DeepDarkRose

HSC
haha i've got like six of those free co-op lecture books at home that I'm still yet to use...

HSC
I wasn't planning on going to O-Week, but maybe I shall, to stock up on free stationery. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)