Obese children need to be taken away from their parents? (1 Viewer)

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Genetics could account for obesity, but such conditions would be fairly uncommon... certainly there's no way genetics can begin to account for the 60% of men and 42% of women in Australia who are overweight.

--

How about issuing fines to parents who allow their children to become obese

The only thing that can make the scummy bogans take notice is their hip pocket, lol

It'd be pretty easy to do annual checks at schools for all kids under 16

icelillies

In the twisted branches of the faraway tree
HSC
I find it amusing that if it isn't the excessively over weight people being socially attacked, it's the smokers.

I completely agree with a breeding licence - however human rights lobbyists might disagree (understatement of the year) with me on that. I think that before people start pointing at parents that 'over nourish' their children, how about those parents that abuse, starve, neglect their children. Lets face it, the state/Government/Legal system is f****ed up - there appears to be little contsistency in anything. I'm afraid to say it, but Australia appears to be irreparably damaged.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Genetics could account for obesity, but such conditions would be fairly uncommon... certainly there's no way genetics can begin to account for the 60% of men and 42% of women in Australia who are overweight.

--
I agree with that, no way the % of genetically can be that high.

But my brother is the spitting image of my mother, the only difference is the gender and the fact he can lose weight.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
I agree with that, no way the % of genetically can be that high.

But my brother is the spitting image of my mother, the only difference is the gender and the fact he can lose weight.
unless a gene that causes obesity has somehow drifted to a high frequency in the population, lol

then we're fucked no matter what we do

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
The definition of overweight is flawed, BMI is a lie.

binary star

HSC
Take them away from their parents. yeah that'll solve everything........

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
Parents should have to pay higher tax rates and school fees for having overweight kids under the age of 15.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Parents should have to pay higher tax rates and school fees for having overweight kids under the age of 15.
Nah because then they'd be able to play the I-can't-afford-it card when they get to feeding their kids and they'd continue to feed them shit.

I dunno how we're supposed to get through to people what healthy eating and exercise looks like, though, if they don't already understand.

If someone is such a sped that they don't realise their kid can't eat shit all the time and be allowed to be a couch potato, or they'll get fat, then really what can we do? How far are we really going to get if they're already that stupid?

I don't get it, my parents never really raved on about healthy eating etc but I still know what's good for me and what isn't. It's not that hard to work out.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Yeah, you know I support this in extreme cases. There are families that are doing a good job, those that are heading in the wrong direction, and those that have just fucked it up completely and have no intention or motivation of rectifying it. Those are the ones that this should apply to.

Education, sure, might target some people.. might work for some people.. but its pretty fair to say it wont reach those that need it the most.

Take the kids away, teach the parents a lesson, hopefully they'll wake up to themselves and show some competence as a parent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)