Official Asian Cup 2007 Thread (1 Viewer)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Haha, gonna love to see Wilkshire mark Shunsuke. Hopefully Takahara can continue his couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo form against decent opposition.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
We could've been 2 or 3 down by the time we scored our second. Thank god Thailand couldn't hit a barn door.

Gonna be a tall order to beat Japan. Definitely have to step it up another notch or three. Nakamura was imperious today, if we give a similar sort of performance we'd get thrashed.

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Well, the scoreline makes us look better than we were. So against Japan it is. Personally I don't think we can beat em at this rate.
Yeah, definitely.

But if our defense steps up, we could have a chance against Japan.

KRSONEOST

HSC
I hope he plays milligan, beauchamp and carney agen im tellin ya...theyre simply good players who can do the job...

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
i reckon japan played really poorly.. in the first few minutes of their game. hah...

well, if japan really are that good ,we'd have had to play them at some stage in order to win it...

and im really glad we won that. hope we win the damn comp now... that would show the world we aren't one hit wonders. :)

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
Anyway,welcome back to the bandwagon
LOL
Now socceroo is number one item in the sport section

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I don't know, I'm still not convinced that Australia can win the comp. Arnold simply doesn't have the tactical knowledge to win a major tournament.

Last night's victory is an encouragement, but it was played in much favourable conditions compared to previous games. Even Arnold admitted it made a difference, now that's worrying. Is he admitting that we cannot play in the humid conditions? If he is then we gotta pray it rains every time we play.

I expect a 4-4-2 formation against Japan, with Dukes and Aloisi up front. We simply don't have enough pace on the flanks to worry the Japanese, and with the threat they pose from free kicks it's going to be a tough game. Nakamura is up there with the best in set pieces, up there with Juninho.

Evergreen

HSC
Argh Korea vs Bahrain 1-2. So much for Korea being in the Asian Cup. Heavy doubts now.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Haha, Mark Shields is doing his best to keep Korea in the tournament.

Can't believe they're showing the Iran game, instead of the China v Uzbeks game. Iran - Malaysia will be like watching a man kicking a dog.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Haha, 1-0 now. I know Park is injured, but where's Seol from Reading? He'd rip this tournament apart.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Seol is injured. In fact all of Korea's players who play in England are injured.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
faarking...

we choked again.

0-0 at half time, i knew we were gonna concede late goals.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Yeah, but it was a tough group. Iran are due a win where they absolutely shit on someone though.

Iran-Korea
Aus-Japan

should both be good.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Can't expect too much from this China team. With a useless kunt like Zhu we can't get far in the tournament. Clearly he doesn't know how to organise the team, tactically the players were everywhere, the defence was in shambles, there was no edge in attack. And then he took off 2 attacking players, team concedes. From there on there was no way back. This happened in the Iran game too, he threw it away with his negative tactics in the second half. This guy clearly doesn't know what he's doing, just give him the boot so we have time to regroup for the World Cup qualifiers.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Whoever your keeper is LMF, he's fucking rubbish. Looked like he'd never had to defend a set piece before in his life. Tough luck, but the Uzbeks are respectable opposition.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Our first choice keeper got injured last game. If you watched it you would remember that he had to have a defender to take the goal kicks for him.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Yeah, I meant this game. The bloke looked like he was scared to catch the thing. Like it was a bomb.

Oh well, let's hope Arnie doesn't play 3-5-2 against Japan. We look static down the flanks playing that formation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)