Official Asian Cup 2007 Thread (1 Viewer)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Apparently there were more Iranians than Chinese in the stadium.

First half was good, second half was all Iran. Too bad they scored right on HT, otherwise we would've had a better chance of winning the game.

Iran's main weakness is its defence, and Zhu Guanghu didn't exploit it in the second half, which is what he should've done. Bring on Dong Fangzhuo late in the half and pressure the defence. But look what he does, take our only forward out of the game and put a defender on to play 5-4-1, and put the attacking midfielder Zheng up front. To me that's throwing the game away, ridiculous.

I've always had a feeling China will get overrun in the latter stages of the game, and that's what happened. We got lucky and got the draw. At least it's pleasing to see that we can start a game well and score some nice goals. If only Australia can do the same.
Yeah the second half was shocking, frankly China deserved to lose for the way they approached it. Iran had a hatful of decent chances to put them away. You're right about their defensive fragilities too. Whenever they came under attack they looked pretty poor. Besides, China actually looks a lot better going forward than they do defending. Iran was passing circles around in the final third for a while there and the Chinese defenders seemed to read the play pretty poorly.

Really, really hope they don't play for a draw against Uzbekistan because if they do I fear they could go down.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
C'MOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN AUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's get it going :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Heh, looks like its going according to script. A 2-2 draw between the teams will allow both to qualify. Dodgy Japanese up to them old selves again. :)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Haha, I love the standard of keeping in this tournament. Flappety flappers the lot of them.

el gwapo

HSC
the underdog status is now biting the socceroos who had worn it with pride during the world cup; there's been no dominant team, every Asian giant has been checked one way or another

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
We're looking shite again.

I should say we're shite more often. Seems whenever I open my big mouth to make a judgment things suddenly turn around.

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
We're defending a 1-0 lead and getting battered. Very silly stuff. If the Thais were an inch taller we'd be screwed.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
And that's the qualification sealed I think. Provided we don't concede and Oman doesn't score 2.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Kewell scores and makes it 4-0. 3 assists for Cahill. What an impact.

Shame he plays for the wrong half of Merseyside.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Well, the scoreline makes us look better than we were. So against Japan it is. Personally I don't think we can beat em at this rate.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
YAAAAYYY!!! we won!!!! :D

i hope Oman wins the other game though :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)