Official Asian Cup 2007 Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
So this is what it looks like:

21/7/07 17:20 Quarter-Final 3

My Dinh National Stadium, Hanoi, VIE

Japan v Australia

20:20 Quarter-Final 1

Rajamangala National Stadium, Bangkok, THA

Iraq v Vietnam

22/7/07 18:20 Quarter-Final 2

National Stadium Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur, MAS

Iran v Korea Republic

20:20 Quarter-Final 4

Gelora Bung Karno Stadium, Jakarta, IDN

Saudi Arabia v Uzbekistan

- Hoping for an Australia V Uzbek and Iraq V Iran semi then an Australia V Iran final.

747nick

HSC
Awesome, I'm hoping Australia beats Japan (statistically speaking we will :) ), I'll be on the edge of my seat, for sure!

Just wondering, if Australia do make it through to the finals, will there be a screening in the City (Sydney) or would we all rather staying in our cosy homes/pubs/clubs? :rofl:

Cheers

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
The LIVE SITE at Belmore Park (next to Central Station) is the only place to experience the best live sport & entertainment

What could be better? Major sporting events (with our very own Aussies), live concert performances, explosive screen content all in the one place, all in the same week and all for free. From Saturday 21 to Sunday 29 July the organisation that brought live coverage of major sporting events to Sydney has now gone one giant step further.

On Saturday the hugely popular LIVE SITE will be set up in Belmore Park, next to Central Railway Station and is set to provide the ultimate entertainment package.

The action will commence on Saturday from 3.30pm with Aussie band Move Trees live on stage. At 5.30pm the BLEDISLOE CUP decider between the Wallabies v. All Blacks will screen LIVE. Next up on stage one of the country's best live acts THIRSTY MERC. The excitement will then mount as the giant LED screen crosses live to Thailand for the Asian Federation Soccer Cup Quarter Final clash between our own SOCCEROOS and Japan (remember in the World Cup Soccer rematch we beat them 3-1!)

Throughout the afternoon there will be entertainment for the kids including the realestate.com.au jumping castle and the fabulous new HP Entertainment Central Truck plus a mix of quality food and drink outlets on site. The site is non-alcoholic making it the perfect family friendly environment.

The LIVE SITE will be operating from Saturday 21 through to Sunday 29 July combining the best line up of Australian talent covering pop, rock, R&B, hip hop, soul, funk and dance and all the AF Soccer Cup action. There will be lunchtime performances on all nine days and resident DJ Damien Goundrie will be spinning the perfect tunes in the lead up to, between and after the games. Live dance acts, performers, drummers and roving entertainers will also be on site throughout the week.

Saturday July 21: THIRSTY MERC 6.30pm (perform between Bledisloe Cup and the Asian Federation Cup 1st & 2nd Quarter Finals)

Sunday July 22: JADE MACRAE 6.30pm (ARIA nominated R&B songstress performing before the 3rd and 4th Quarter AFC Finals)

Wednesday July 25: ENDORPHIN 6.30pm (ARIA nominated dance and ambient performer before the 2 Semi Finals)

Saturday July 28: KID CONFUCIUS 8.15pm (Double UMA nominated Soul, Funk, Hip-Hop 8 piece performing before the 3rd Place AFC Playoff)

Sunday July 29: GUY SEBASTIAN 8.15pm (will perform before the Final of Asian FC Cup
cool!

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
so thats what was happening at belmore park.. :| i got to central after my schools first grade game and there was music pumping.. but i didn't see no screen so i went home...

:( man. how can we start without kewell or timmy cahill...

guess arnie's tactics are to bring them on in the second half to provide a huge impact...

:) hope it works out damn itttt

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
lol cahill brought in as a sub and he scores immediately after 1-0 down and then scores again couple of mins later
anyone sense deja vu? maybe im just dreaming.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
you're dreaming.. its still 0-0 and cahills still on the bench..

kewells on for viduka though.. :p

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
YES!! aloisi taps it in from the corner.. nice corner.

:D YESSSS 1-0 !! cahills READY TO GO TOO. WOO.

comeeee onnnn!

and cahill comes on for bresciano.

oh wtf. 1-1. :( WTFFFFFF omgggggg what a poor clearance... :( :( :(

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i went to get noodles :( i come back and i missed the goal and the replays

mat2154

HSC
i'm watching some korean stream which a minute behind the radio stream on 702 am. when japan scored the stream had just finished showing aloisis celebrations. i'm hoping for the match to go into penalties

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
there was a stream from the page before.. im using sopcast...

like OMG :( RED CARD FOR VINNIE GRELLA. >_<

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh fuck you you stupid piece of shit! fucking ref. argh!!!!!!!!

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
haha funny star sports commentator..

"carney there.. booked for stimulation"

=/ and i think it has a mic near the australian bench somewhere. awesome sledging. :p

nicky carle for john aloisi..

will it pay off? :/

shouldn't we try to win this...

mat2154

HSC
my net is too slow it just stops and starts when i use sopcast, have to stick with my korean stream. there were some aussie fan screaming "that f*ckin unbelievable" when carney was booked

stazi

Nightman
HSC
...he said simulation

hahah yeah the mic is great: "give him a blue jersey!"

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
lol yeh~!! funny.

and yes. i didn't hear properly okay. -_-

come onnnn.. TIMMY CAHILL WORK YOUR MAGIC DAMN IT

stazi

Nightman
HSC
timlay said:
lol yeh~!! funny.

and yes. i didn't hear properly okay. -_-

come onnnn.. TIMMY CAHILL WORK YOUR MAGIC DAMN IT
it's ok. asians don't have a developed sense of hearing.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
ssseennngg youuu.

hAHAHAHA yeh they're crap at speaking english too..
e.g. the stadium announcer... she's pronounced all the names wrong for the subs i think :p

and is nicky carle CARL or CAR-LAY

EXTRA TIMEEEE.

come onnn ! we can do this without strikers! :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)