Official BOS Study Meat v2.0 (Winter Edition) (1 Viewer)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Year 11 people can still attend the following seminars:

- English
- Humanities
- Sciences/Maths IF YOU ARE ACCELERATED

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Oh my god I just realised I messed up the timetable by accident. Fixing now!

Magical Kebab

HSC
Ok carrot since I'm not accelerated, just put me down for humanities and English please. Sorry...

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Thread a lot more quiet than usual. I'm guessing there are a fair few people getting tutored now, since weekend afternoons are the most popular times for such things.

enoilgam

HSC
Carrot, what's the humanities essay going to be about?
It will probably cover the following areas:

- Preamble/General points
- Addressing the question
- Structure/forming an argument
- Language
- Advanced analysis and arguments (i.e. stuff that will get a high band 6)
- Subject specific stuff. We will probably split up at this point. I can cover the histories, legal studies, SOR. OzKo can cover geography, business studies and economics. I can also cover eco, but I think OzKo is quite a bit better at it then me. If anyone has requests on specific aspects of these subjects, just make a post in this thread or PM me (I'd imagine many will request help for the personality section of Modern).

Fus Ro Dah

HSC
Thread a lot more quiet than usual. I'm guessing there are a fair few people getting tutored now, since weekend afternoons are the most popular times for such things.
Probably. Looking forward to the day!

HSC
Imagine if we have this study meat EVERY week, there will be no need for tutoring then!

jks jks :p

Magical Kebab

HSC
It will probably cover the following areas:

- Preamble/General points
- Addressing the question
- Structure/forming an argument
- Language
- Advanced analysis and arguments (i.e. stuff that will get a high band 6)
- Subject specific stuff. We will probably split up at this point. I can cover the histories, legal studies, SOR. OzKo can cover geography, business studies and economics. I can also cover eco, but I think OzKo is quite a bit better at it then me. If anyone has requests on specific aspects of these subjects, just make a post in this thread or PM me (I'd imagine many will request help for the personality section of Modern).
Sounds awesome.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Interested Year 10/11 may attend other seminars if they want to see what Year 12 subjects are like, but you will be placed lower in the priority listing if the event is getting full.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Interested Year 10/11 may attend other seminars if they want to see what Year 12 subjects are like, but you will be placed lower in the priority listing if the event is getting full.
I am only interested in the 2U mathematics seminar just out of curiosity into what topics they cover. If there is too large a number of people, you can remove me form the seminar first for the more senior students.

enoilgam

HSC
Will you be able to explain exactly what calculus is to me on the day? I am not familiar with the word unfortunately.
I'd imagine they would go a bit beyond basic calculus. There are many maths experts (both grads and students) there so you could probably ask one of them. Or if you want I can explain it to you - I still remember the basics.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
I'd imagine they would go a bit beyond basic calculus. There are many maths experts (both grads and students) there so you could probably ask one of them. Or if you want I can explain it to you - I still remember the basics.
Appreciate that. I'll look for you on the day.

Peeik

HSC
Will you be able to explain exactly what calculus is to me on the day? I am not familiar with the word unfortunately.
My seminar for adv maths (2u) will dive straight into the applications of calculus and so you may be a bit lost if you dont have sound knowledge of differentiation and integration. I wouldn't mind explaining the basics to you on a one on one basis after my seminar. You just need to find me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)