OK SO I KNOW I WONT GET 99.95 TO DO MED, BUT I CAN GET BONUS PNTS RIGHT (1 Viewer)

SanjoyM

HSC
Please bear in mind that entry into Medicine is not solely on the ATAR you attain, but also UMAT and interview.
For me, I'll be happy attending the first uni that is offered to me! Honestly, its medicine!! Only the best students are offered placements, so just attend any uni.:)

I know someone who attained an excellent ATAR (over 99), but did not perform well in the interview, so they did not attain a position!!
Just try your best and then see what happens:)

As for UWS, it's not as bad as people deem ito be!! Apparently, it's one of the best?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Please bear in mind that entry into Medicine is not solely on the ATAR you attain, but also UMAT and interview.
For me, I'll be happy attending the first uni that is offered to me! Honestly, its medicine!! Only the best students are offered placements, so just attend any uni.:)

I know someone who attained an excellent ATAR (over 99), but did not perform well in the interview, so they did not attain a position!!
Just try your best and then see what happens:)

As for UWS, it's not as bad as people deem ito be!! Apparently, it's one of the best?
From what I've heard (not necessarily true), UWS has really good med facilities!

Cl324

HSC
N/A
BUT I DONT WANNA GO UWS LOL
PERSONAL REASONS
ANYWAY, UMM MY CAPS IS STUCK SORRYU
Beggars cant be choosers.

So if by some ungodly miracle you get into UWS, you're going to turn it down because you dont want to go? Kbrah
UWS wouldnt want you anyway with your complete lack of logic and dedication so its probably time to change career paths.

SanjoyM

HSC
Beggars cant be choosers.

So if by some ungodly miracle you get into UWS, you're going to turn it down because you dont want to go? Kbrah
UWS wouldnt want you anyway with your complete lack of logic and dedication so its probably time to change career paths.
If UWS offered a position to me, I would take it instantly. However, if i got an offer from UNSW, then I don't know lol

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Another Question:

Do YOU truly dream of going into Medicine?

We've heard many people's claims of dreaming to become doctors or going into Medicine but many of these claims are clearly false. (Seriously, only some are actually true)

qwerty44

HSC
Judging by post responses, this person cares for nothing but prestige in becoming a doctor. Don't waste your time on him.
+1
Even if he does get an interview, they will notice this ^

SanjoyM

HSC
I'm willing to attend any university, even if that means moving to Melbourne or Queensland and undertake Medical Science if I do not gain admission the first time to study Medicine and become a doctor! Really really passionate it! Have been, will always be :):)

Alkanes

HSC
Yeah, that's what my cousin said! Their medical facilities are "state of the arts"...
However, UNSW is better apparently?
Medicine is medicine. Doesn't matter which uni you attend or graduate from. You will practice the same thing once you enter the workforce.

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
I'm willing to attend any university, even if that means moving to Melbourne or Queensland and undertake Medical Science if I do not gain admission the first time to study Medicine and become a doctor! Really really passionate it! Have been, will always be :):)
Word of advice, do NOT say any of that in the interview =/.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Medicine is medicine. Doesn't matter which uni you attend or graduate from. You will practice the same thing once you enter the workforce.
+1

Its your ward experience, your research and a host of other factors independent of simply what you uni you went to that decide your future as a doctor

Nicole31

HSC
Firstly, If you have "personal reasons" for not wanting to get into UWS med, you can try Uni of Adelaide..... their ATAR minimum is 90.
But i agree with previous comments, A true medicine hopeful, would not care which university is agreebale, and they will go through any ordeal to get into the course. If you want to do medicine. You just want to do medicine. The university doesnt matter one bit.
Im not even going to begin on UMAT and the medical MMI interviews.

But yeah, just work hard and get above 90. A positive attitude will help.
And dont rely on back up options like "bonus points."

Mdzabakly

HSC
True.... bonus points don't apply, but EAS (disadvantage scheme) does apply.... exactly how...I do not know.

OP.....u want to get in medicine eh? Good luck....u are.....almost impossible chance of getting in with ur attitude.... unless if ur troll.

Otherwise...... if u can't get in med (and want in no matter what) go for med science unsw or uws advanced science (or advanced med science).

Also, with ur snobby attitude.... you'll get eliminated in the interview for medical school entry.
I don't think that there are any extra points at all, i read something on uws, where its like talking about the points, and at the bottom it was like * points do not apply for medicine blablabla... but unsure about that XD

Mdzabakly

HSC
Ur right....bonus points don't apply, but EAS still does. (EAS doesn't have to be in the form of bonus points.... it could be easing of some criteria, or special consideration)
Actually i was talking about eas, however im wrong, i just checked the thing i was talking about and it was talking about something not eas, But it would be verrrryyyy strict probably, it'd have to be something really big, for review to get into medicine.

This is from the website.
To qualify, applicants must demonstrate that their educational performance during years 11 and/or 12 or equivalent has been seriously affected by circumstances beyond their control

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)