Old Runescape 2007 (1 Viewer)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Hello everyone,

Remember what it was like playing Runescape with your friends back in primary school? Now, Jagex are considering bringing back the Runescape of 2007 with dedicated servers.

To read more http://services.runescape.com/m=news/2007---old-school-runescape-you-vote Please vote to bring Runescape back to its original glory days of 07. We need 750k votes! Note: Only members can vote.

Thank you.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
aren't we about 15 years too old for that now

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
It's just a game and there was nothing particularly childish per se in RS anyway. The 2007 servers add a nostalgic touch to it all too.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Vote count: 150k with 10 days left

Likely we will reach 250k but a small chance of getting 500k doesn't look like we're getting 750k

Last edited:

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
I stopped playing years ago around the time all those anti-RWT updates came around, but I had a lot of fun before that. If it wasn't for uni and the fact that it's pay to play I might have toyed around with it for a bit. So much nostalgia.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Vote count: 150k with 10 days left
I hope it gets to 250k and Jagex feel kind and release it at no extra cost on top of membership anyway (doubt f2p unfortunately). If it costs money on top of membership i think i'll give it a miss unless you can pay for the 2007 servers on their own.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I suspect Jagex are only doing this because of their recent decline of members

Aysce

HSC
There was an article that included ~I think~ Mark Gerhard admitting the EoC was rushed and that they only gained feedback from a small sample size which wasn't indicative of the general population's approval of the update. Hence decrease in players and demand in 2006 and 2007 servers as brent mentioned. I really do hope 500K can be reached - I want a dedicated team working on the servers, not a small group (that's not to say they won't be dedicated, more so that more people would most likely result in constant and top-notch maintenance).

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Tbh i suspect, and hope, there is a small contingent within Jagex who played back in the day and have been pushing for this. It probably started as an almost skunkworks project and the higher ups have realised there is a potential to make a lot of profit and bring old and new players back. If enthusiastic people like that are working on the 2007 servers it will be great.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
How long has the poll been up? I'd be surprised if it gets over 400,000 at this rate.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
How long has the poll been up? I'd be surprised if it gets over 400,000 at this rate.
Like 3 or 4 days, most votes would have been done in the first day or so. I looked in the forums and a lot of current members are being stubborn and not voting for various reasons. I might get members just to vote since apparently voting entitles you to first month free of the 2007 server so it could work out being worth it.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Like 3 or 4 days, most votes would have been done in the first day or so. I looked in the forums and a lot of current members are being stubborn and not voting for various reasons. I might get members just to vote since apparently voting entitles you to first month free of the 2007 server so it could work out being worth it.
Did you hear any mention about how long it will take for the servers to be up after the poll closes?

Aysce

HSC
Did you hear any mention about how long it will take for the servers to be up after the poll closes?
I read somewhere that it should take 1-2 months so maybe it'll pop up at May-ish.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
There was an article that included ~I think~ Mark Gerhard admitting the EoC was rushed and that they only gained feedback from a small sample size which wasn't indicative of the general population's approval of the update. Hence decrease in players and demand in 2006 and 2007 servers as brent mentioned. I really do hope 500K can be reached - I want a dedicated team working on the servers, not a small group (that's not to say they won't be dedicated, more so that more people would most likely result in constant and top-notch maintenance).
No Jagex still stand by all their updates they said it would be best for the future

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
No Jagex still stand by all their updates they said it would be best for the future
Ofcourse they say that, especially since they are a publically traded company. If they truly thought that way then this poll wouldn't exist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)