Old Runescape 2007 (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
This is bs, I'm not gonna start from lvl 3 again after spending years grinding to a high level! Besides that, there are still gonna be bots everywhere with free trade on.
It's a lot more fun with stats wipe and everyone starting on even ground. If you want current levels that's what current RS is for, a lot of peoples skills were gained through methods not possible in 2007 so it'd be a bad idea letting that carry over. 2007 is a fair while ago and i doubt they have database backups from then so 2007 stats wouldn't be possible and probably be an even worse idea.

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad
I am happy with everything except microtransactions,free trade and maybe EOC. Otherwise I would have kept playing, the content itself is not that bad! The new servers will split the already dwindling playerbase even further.
Jagex keeps listening to player "opinions" and every time, the game gets even worse and more unpopular.

Last edited:

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad
It's a lot more fun with stats wipe and everyone starting on even ground. If you want current levels that's what current RS is for, a lot of peoples skills were gained through methods not possible in 2007 so it'd be a bad idea letting that carry over. 2007 is a fair while ago and i doubt they have database backups from then so 2007 stats wouldn't be possible and probably be an even worse idea.
I get it but I already have put in too much time and effort and not willing to do it all again

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I am happy with everything except microtransactions,free trade and maybe EOC. Otherwise I would have kept playing, the content itself is not that bad! It will also split the already dwindling playerbase even further.
Jagex keeps listening to player "opinions" and every time, the game gets even worse and more unpopular.
I doubt it will split the player base, a lot of the current players either like EoC or have so much invested in that game that they would only play the 2007 servers for fun and stick to the main game. The 2007 servers will attract old players back who have no interest in what the current RS has become. If Jagex play their cards right this will be succesful as is obvious from the popularity of the better 2006/2007 recreation private servers.

Where does it say stats are wiped
Not wiped per se but it says in the FAQ that the 2007 servers everyone will start from scratch.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
Wilderness and free trade got 1.4M votes before but that included F2p
thats was a bullshit vote because jagex wanted to get a world record for something, i voted around 60 times for that. Eoc is great, no one gives it a chance because nobody likes change.

Aysce

HSC
thats was a bullshit vote because jagex wanted to get a world record for something, i voted around 60 times for that. Eoc is great, no one gives it a chance because nobody likes change.
That's quite a statement you're making.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
It's not just EoC. A lot of people aren't fans of the insane amounts of botters, micro payment stuff, abundance of over powered random weapons and training methods which cheapen skills.

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad
its funny how some people who voted for free trade quit after realising that it increased botting exponentially

Aysce

HSC
We'll just make 250k imo, damn I really thought we'd hit 500k :cry:

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
As Brent said it was the majority of members voting on the first day. It declined exponentially since then.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I prefer the arduous way. Was way more fun doing it back then.

Aysce

HSC
Yes - plus without the Grand Exchange, it makes members of the community more interactive and close imo. So I think it'll benefit the community

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Personally, I don't mind. I'll just leave the hard work to my bots :, ).

eshay lad 69

HSC
N/A
wave: selling rune scimi 30k

brb thinking thinking that im going to give up my veterans cape and >lv 120 combat just because I want to re live 2007 rs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)