• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Omg- Harry Potter 6 is complete! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

klh

HSC
ah ok thanks. but then its gonna eat away at me and then i hope i dont overhear people on the train discussing it and giving out hints. i reember accidentally tlaking about it in Hs about who died and my friend was only reading it half way and i ruined it for him so that was my bad.

mahuligan

HSC
Orange Juice said:
dymocks has it for 30$ if you pre order rrp 45$
i dont get it?:S does that mean that if u pre-oder it the price is $45, but if u get it on the day without ordering its $30?

i remember when i got ootp on the day it came out i payed $35 and the next day it was $25!how rude :p

mahuligan

HSC
i called up dymocks a few hours ago and they said that when u pre-order you have to pay upfront. that sucks..last year i reserved one in a few bookstores and got the cheapest one at the time :p

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
Argonaut said:
I doubt you'll be able to get it a day early. While the store may profit to begin with, someone is bound to report them and they won't be allowed to stock the series any more.
I mean to say if you don't preorder it you are unlikely to get it on the release day.

I wasn't suggesting that there was a book conspiracy.

The mass hysteria has really turned me off Harry Potter.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
...Just go to Big W or Target, they're cheaper and have alot more. I got OotP from my local Big W after I finished work one day (about 2 in the arvo I think it was), it was cheaper than book shops and was available. I know where I;m going for HBP.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
harry sucks cock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
SNAPE IS HOMOSEXUAL..................
HAGRID IS INTO ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DUMBLEDORE IS A HAG...........................
RON IS INTO INCEST...........................
HERMIONE IS A LESBO.......................

HSC
White Rabbit said:
...Just go to Big W or Target, they're cheaper and have alot more. I got OotP from my local Big W after I finished work one day (about 2 in the arvo I think it was), it was cheaper than book shops and was available. I know where I;m going for HBP.
Yeah, when Order of the Phoenix came out my Mum and I went up to Miranda Fair at about 9:20 or so and when we got there, both Dymocks and Collins had huge lines going up and down the shoping centre. But we jsut walked straight into Big W and got 3 copies off the big pile at the front of the shop and were out in about 5 minutes. And it cost us $22 or something per book, about half what Collins was charging

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
mahuligan said:
i dont get it?:S does that mean that if u pre-oder it the price is $45, but if u get it on the day without ordering its $30?

i remember when i got ootp on the day it came out i payed $35 and the next day it was $25!how rude :p
sorry bout that... if you pre order its 30$, but rrp is 45$.... alot of the stores dont sell it for rrp anyways since the book market is quite competitive...

aunt told me not to order it cuz its cheaper in big w etc etc... might just get it from there

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i got so excited today. Me and some other crazy harry potter fans made this massive countdown calendar with a picture for every one of the 40 days left. It was crammed with all these pics we collected. We pinned it in the senior study room at school and we're going to cross it off religiously every morning. :) yay its almost here!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
HotShot said:
harry sucks cock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
SNAPE IS HOMOSEXUAL..................
HAGRID IS INTO ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DUMBLEDORE IS A HAG...........................
RON IS INTO INCEST...........................
HERMIONE IS A LESBO.......................
I know a fair few people who'd agree with you on those points (1 & 2 especially)

I'm in the middle of Prac when the book comes out! something to read on those 90 minute trips to Nepean...

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
my cousin has ordered my copy, at burwood, so on the day it comes out i got to drive down there from silverdale, and go get it with her...

mahuligan

HSC
do you reckon if i dont preorder it theres a chance i wont get it on the day?
if i dont get it ill cry:(

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
You could probably get it at a no-name bookshop, but you'll have to pay RRP.

persephone

HSC
when i went to big w when ootp came out it was much chepaer than angus and robertson etc. And no one is going to make you pay the RRP... go to big w or target. there's no preordering and it'll definitely be there, if you get there early. 34 days to go .... ;)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I think the whole pre-order thing is to scare people into buying it, nothing more. Go to BigW it WILL be there..

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
waddle_828 said:
my cousin has ordered my copy, at burwood, so on the day it comes out i got to drive down there from silverdale, and go get it with her...
hahah i'll see you there... i'll probably be at dymocks, that's where i got OoTP...
how much is it at angus & robertson's?

last time i lined up at both stores coz i had to pick up my friend's copy (from A&R) :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ill probably buy it from target or big w. its the same thing anyway. Last time, the line at A&R was too long and i didnt see the point when i could just walk into target and get it for $8 cheaper and be in and out in 2 minutes :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)