• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Omg- Harry Potter 6 is complete! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
jumb said:
Yeah, I thought that too. It felt as though she was trying to flesh it out so the book was bigger.
So why does it make it less enjoyable? Did it start to feel too clumsy? =/

Personally, i'm one of those people that can't bear for a book to be finishing. I always want it to go on just a bit longer. So i kind of like big thick books that flesh everything out for all its worth :)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Airness said:
I think i might read 6 and go backwards...
I wouldn't recommend that, only because book 6 wouldn't make a lot of sense, because Rowling is integrating tid-bits from everrywhere into this book. Plus, the strong links to book 2 would mean that the experience would be greatly enhanced if you knew what went on.

And the movie doesn't cut it IMHO.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Yeah, agreed.
James, borrow the other ones off people if you have to - I have them all i think, and 3, 4 and 5 for sure so if you need to you can borrow them off me when school goes back / trials finish.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
definitely read it in chronological order. i read it in this order: 1, 2, 4, 3, 5... and though at the time, reading 4 before 3 didn't make that much of a difference, when i DID read 3, everything made much more sense.

also, JKR writes OoTP in a way that she assumes people have read the previous books :p

i'm so excited... one week to go!

Alimoe_KG

HSC
glycerine said:
Yeah, agreed.
James, borrow the other ones off people if you have to - I have them all i think, and 3, 4 and 5 for sure so if you need to you can borrow them off me when school goes back / trials finish.
Erin = setting an example in EE2 that all Fortians are following...and falling dead at the wayside in trying :p

Thanks :D But you know what? I've heard so much about what happened in the earlier books from all the hype and talk it feels lilke i've already read it lol.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Haha thanks. Sif they are! I'm a retard at 48/50. :( I have a mean thought re: EE2 and stuff, but I'll PM it to you cause I'm too much of a wimp to say it in public :p

You may think you have - but then you actually read them and there's so many clues and small things you have to actually read in context to pick up and it makes it better. 1, 2 and 3 won't take you much time unless you're a slow reader. 4 and 5 are another story :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
argh its this friday and ill be in the city all day with friends. damn it. that is so dangerous. anyone who screams out who dies will personally be punched in the face by me. in 2003, i rushed home after buying the book in fear of some moron screaming out that "so and so" dies!

Gibbo69er

Poor Student
HSC
I'm looking forward to reading this one, my cousin ruined it for me last time and told me who died. So I'm hoping this doesn't happen this time!

Hey Glycerine, are you from the BBBA forums too?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
glycerine said:
It comes out on Saturday.
crap. my mistake. i kenw something was wrong. hahah guess im not keen enough to even remember the day :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
people who know the story well can just flip to the last few chapters and find out easily.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
i pre-ordered my book at borders today ^^ lol, I will kill anyone that does scream out, or mention anything about the plot on saturday- sunday (may be finished by sunday morning ^^ )
i just hope no one ruins the plot while we're standing in line to get the book o_O , im definatley not going to borders at 7 am just to secure a spot in the line- meh.. im going later, much later.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Argonaut said:
Fair point.

Would you prefer a semi-automatic or pump-action shotgun to deal with anyone who does this?
oh believe me, either of them would do....beware of sarah on saturday lol

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
might go out and line up for a book if i find someone to go with :p
how much was it at borders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)