• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Onshore processing (1 Viewer)

James Bluntus

HSC
Also what the fuck are you talking about

Greens

Oakshot

Windsor

yeah nice two feet you've got shitbrains
Ha, at least I don't have to resort to insults....

Libs would be in the same situation if they were in government. It's a hung parliament....

Lentern

HSC
I would prefer to use the term Labor loyalist, but yes. I find, I agree with the Labor Party on most things and if I don't agree, we are free to speak our mind. Unlike the LNP in Queensland that don't even have a leader in Parliament.
How does not having a leader in parliament make a party less free. I sympathise more with the labor cause than the Liberal National Coalition but Labor is far and away the least "free" party. Bill Ludwig in particular is one disgusting, power driven, dictatorial grub.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
I wish we had straight out proportional representation so the Greens would have up to 10% of all seats (that'd be 14 or 15 vs. their current 1)

James Bluntus

HSC
How does not having a leader in parliament make a party less free. I sympathise more with the labor cause than the Liberal National Coalition but Labor is far and away the least "free" party. Bill Ludwig in particular is one disgusting, power driven, dictatorial grub.
I heard that LNP leader was appointed, not elected. I hate certain people in the Labor Party, I'm sure you come across those people but we are in the Labor Party for a united cause.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
He would be a malevolant dictator until Australia was liberated by the freedom lover Justin Simon

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
You'd crack under the pressure of being dictator. You don't have the constitution for it.
nah i disagree

i think i have a sufficient enough machiavellian psychological mindset

He would be a malevolant dictator until Australia was liberated by the freedom lover Justin Simon
his coup d'etat would fail as the explosion of the bomb planted in the meeting room of the dubbo lair would be blocked by the oak table

Lentern

HSC
I heard that LNP leader was appointed, not elected. I hate certain people in the Labor Party, I'm sure you come across those people but we are in the Labor Party for a united cause.
That's the point though isn't it? All this "united we stand divided we fall" business with rules against floor crossing and factional voting lines make the ALP the least free party of all the parliamentary parties, irrespective of how noble its policies may or may not be.

After Paul-Langbroek's colleagues told him they no longer supported his leadership he resigned and Campbell Newman was the only person that nominated for the leadership of the LNP. There was no formal vote because there was no other nominee but that's extremely common, the practice of both major parties when the ballot is uncontested. The fact that he doesn't hold a seat is unusual but it's not undemocratic. Atleast they don't wheel out Paul Howes to announce fait accompli leadership changes on national television before the backbenches have even been consulted.

Lentern

HSC
nah i disagree

i think i have a sufficient enough machiavellian psychological mindset
I reckon you'd start having arguments with a portrait of Sir Ninian Stephens before the year was out.

James Bluntus

HSC
That's the point though isn't it? All this "united we stand divided we fall" business with rules against floor crossing and factional voting lines make the ALP the least free party of all the parliamentary parties, irrespective of how noble its policies may or may not be.

After Paul-Langbroek's colleagues told him they no longer supported his leadership he resigned and Campbell Newman was the only person that nominated for the leadership of the LNP. There was no formal vote because there was no other nominee but that's extremely common, the practice of both major parties when the ballot is uncontested. The fact that he doesn't hold a seat is unusual but it's not undemocratic. Atleast they don't wheel out Paul Howes to announce fait accompli leadership changes on national television before the backbenches have even been consulted.
I'm not one to speak about the freeness of the Labor Party,

However, Harry Moore crossed the floor on numerous occasions. He was a member of the Labor Party.

Lentern

HSC
I'm not one to speak about the freeness of the Labor Party,

However, Harry Moore crossed the floor on numerous occasions. He was a member of the Labor Party.
Was, the modern party constitution makes it punishable by expulsion.

boris

Banned
HSC
young labour wow

(young anything for that matter)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)