OnSTAGE 09 well... the showcase of 08 works (1 Viewer)

kiayaya

HSC
WOW What can i say, i went to OnSTAGE today and everything there was AWESOME!!!!!!!
I'd love to hear what other people's thoughts were. I watched the Program B session and it was fantastic.
I'm a big fan of the 'The Wise Women' (i think that was what it was called)

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!:eek:

vtfan

PG's M Crew
HSC
It was great! :) Although I expected more serious performances.

Tregger

HSC
lol today i went and saw Program 2 with my school and it was AWESOME :). I'm the same, i liked "The Three Wise Women?" buuuuuuut the three i LOVED was "The Maid" (BEST ONE), "Everynurse" and "Follow The Leader". It sucks big time they had no video drama's because that what ive chosen for my IP, but its given me and my friends great ideas for our group performance... again WOW and **CLAPS** for the performers.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Will hopefully get to go tomorrow. I've got to organise it myself considering I'm out of school...

uaiof100.00

HSC
I really liked 'the dog', thought it was so good! so physical.
she was hot too. :D

devine23

HSC
I saw both progams the other day and loved them!!! The Maid would have to be my favourite individual performance, but as for the group ones im torn between Follow the Leader, The Painted Ladies and the one with the nurses from Bristol. They were so mad!!!! Girt from the Painted Ladies was AMAZING!!! But yeah, they were all hilarious and my school group that went is still quoting them. GO BRISTOL!

Amilee

HSC
I thought onstage was really good this year, I saw both programs too. I thought the best IP was "I am myra breckinrige" and the best group was "The painted ladies". I was surprised they put a piece like myra breckinridge in onstage because of all the issues with censoring. But I'm impressed they finally pulled their finger out and have started put real theatre on that stage. That girl was so real. Maybe for onstage 2010 we'll get even more interesting and challenging pieces!

Amilee

HSC
Oh my god- hottest cast ever?
I cannot believe thats all people can seem to say about onstage this year! They were hot?! I've been going to onstage since i was in year 9 and I have never seen performances like that, that have actually inspired me. I mean I walked out of that theatre and was buzzing with ideas. I wanted to get stuck into my major work right then a there. Yet people, and of all people DRAMA people, seem to only comment on the fact "ohh...arrrr... it was, like, really funny, oh and yeah they were hot!'. It not just the couple of people in this forum it all the guys and girls in my class too!

posey-rose

The lost member
HSC
I have to ask, was anyone freaking out going, how on earth can I make a performance like that? maybe that was just me...

I went to session 2 of onstage and I really loved the "oh Dad, poor dad one" I loved how he could just change the atmosphere of the room in the first 10 seconds he was on stage. the painted ladies gave me the chills each time they said "how do you like it sir? sweet or sour?" group performance wise, i liked "follow the leader," and "everynurse"

I went to the Onstage and Onscreen as well, which was best of scripts and movies, which was really good although I'm not doing either of those for my ip. the one titled "pail" was my favourite out of those.did anyone else go to the onscreen one?

Four unit english, mathematics, ancient history, drama

Nuclear

HSC
WOW What can i say, i went to OnSTAGE today and everything there was AWESOME!!!!!!!
I'd love to hear what other people's thoughts were. I watched the Program B session and it was fantastic.
I'm a big fan of the 'The Wise Women' (i think that was what it was called)

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!:eek:
Bleh.

It was pretty good but nowhere near as good as last year.

My favourite was the Nurse one though xD

"Go Bristol!"

liamh16

HSC
I saw Program A, and my favourites were 'The Painted Ladies' and 'Love me Tender'!!!!!!

Amilee

HSC
I saw Program A, and my favourites were 'The Painted Ladies' and 'Love me Tender'!!!!!!
Yeah I liked 'love me tender' too. Our class had to choose the IP we thought was the best and I was trying to choose between 'I am Myra Breckinridge' and 'love me tender'. I thought in the end that girl (although she did a great job and was very funny) the peice wasn't as fine tuned and it lacked the complexity and maturity of 'myra'. Some of my friends didn't understand the 'myra' peice but I thought it was flawless and really interesting. Anyone agree?

The painted ladies do win hands down though for the groups.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
I actually disliked the one about the boy whose mother's friend molested him. Overly dramatic and angsty. There were some really great moments, but besides that i just felt kind of disappointed.

The Painted Ladies and Everynurse were incredible. Our whole drama class has been quoting 'Go Bristol' for a few weeks now. And one of the girls in The Painted Ladies was incredible, can't remember her name, but she rocked it out.

I though the one about the dog was really honest. Actually realistic, and she incorporated physicality without detrimenting the message in her monologue. It was subtle, but awesome.

Why so many from Trinity Catholic College? Anyone else notice that?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Trinity almost always get a high number of students in. Must have a great Drama department there. Or bribery. One of the two. :)

kuytbird

HSC
Painted ladies were absaloutely unreal. The religous monologue was cool as well, interesting choice for an IP. Loved the monologue of the housewife killing her husband. great physical mime.

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
OK..I saw Program B as well
Follow the Leader was pretty good, had good physical acting
The Maid...i couldn't really get a hold of that one
The Dog...IMHO...was stupid. It was like watching that Family Guy episode where they poked at William Chatner
Three Wise Women? - Was the best group performance, and a very good concept, and well acted
The Painted Ladies...no comment
Everynurse...was good, but they shouldve ended it at the news bit, instead of cracking another joke at them
Oh Dad, Poor Dad....best performance of the night, but the performance I went to see it was wrecked, because silly girls in the theatre were laughing throughout the performance...no need for that
Arturo Ui...was good, but the accent proved too hoarse, and cracked a fair bit, but other than that it was good
It's Not a Problem, was good, apart from the cheap laugh thrown in when the greenie guy put his hand on one of the other guys bum for a homoerotic undertone, with no relevance whatsoever.

Now, any criticisms...i suppose, they probably would do better than me anyways, but we'll see

Last edited:

Nightsarah

HSC
My favourites were "The Dog" and the "Painted Ladies"...yes that one girl in the painted ladies was paticularly AMAZING - i think she was the one wearing the hat with red hair but it was a month or so ago so I'm not too sure. But her VOICE...oh man...so good.
My least favourite was probably the Three Wise women (or whatever it was called) despite most people loving it. I found their voices and physicality irritating. Okay...we get it...you can move and speak in unison..get over it. But that it purely down to personal opinion - I mean, they did a good job I just didn't like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)