Opeth fans? (1 Viewer)

televators

HSC
well...are there any fellow fans here on BOS? gotta love that swedish prog metal!!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
There's far better prog out there...
EDIT: That said, they did do an awesome cover of "Remember Tomorrow"

Last edited:

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
I had a friend who used to listen to them constantly so I know a few of their songs by osmosis. They were alright. Did anyone see them when they came out here last year?

wanton-wonton

HSC
I don't like Opeth, I have four of their albums, two I just got today. They have a few good songs, but I hate their growling vocals, death-metal is not my type.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
i used to listen to them a bit along with porcupine tree back in like yr10. i hate fast music now. :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
absolution* said:
i used to listen to them a bit along with porcupine tree back in like yr10. i hate fast music now. :)
Porcupine tree are the bomb!

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
yeah i prefer Mikael Aderfelt's side project Bloodbath to Opeth - Opeth aren't really death metal at all....

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
yeah i prefer Mikael Aderfelt's side project Bloodbath to Opeth - Opeth aren't really death metal at all....
Prog with deathish vocals would be where they sit.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Prim8 said:
Opeth is awesome. :)

what other metal do you guys listen to?
Thrash, speed, power, heavy, progressive, pirate, basically anything that's good:)

Prim8

HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
no, Opeth is never a death metal. whoever told you they are?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Prim8 said:
:) any particular bands?
running wild, children of bodom, maiden, priest, kreator, slayer, megadeth, metallica, pantera, sabbath, dream theater, amon amarth, NIN, nightwish, system of a down, nuclear assault, anthrax, diamond head, entombed, sepultura, apocalyptica, black label society, fear factory, flotsam and jetsam etc

Last edited:

Prim8

HSC
withoutaface said:
running wild, children of bodom, maiden, priest, kreator, slayer, megadeth, metallica, pantera, sabbath, dream theater, amon amarth, NIN, nightwish, system of a down, nuclear assault, anthrax, diamond head, entombed, sepultura, apocalyptica, black label society, fear factory, flotsam and jetsam etc
awesome!
I'm not into most industrial though. (Nin and fear factory) I find it hard to get into.

CoB, Amon Amarth, NIGHTWISH, SOAD, Entombed, Mudvayne, Slipknot *rolls eyes*, Deftones, Arch Enemy, Flowing Tears, Lacuna Coil, Omnium Gatherum, Sentenced, Old Man's Child, Blind Guardian, Emperor, Samael, Tiamat, maiden, priest, etc.

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
I'm into death, brutal death, thrash, black, heavy metal, some grindcore

metal bands i like: nile, early metallica, megadeth, slayer, kreator, cradle of filth, burzum, mayhem, cryptopsy, bloodbath, morbid angel, iron monkey, electric wizard, anal cunt, cannibal corpse, deicide, death, grinded nig, carcass, sepultura, soulfly, slipknot, psycroptic, king diamond, fear factory, naglfar, destroyer 666, pantera, six feet under (only their covers), ten masked men.... thats about all i can think of off the top of my head

Last edited:

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
i don't recall who started out the topic, but i thought id add that they should check out Naglfar, who are a death/thrash/black band from sweden - they fucking own! :D

Ellie-Bee

HSC
my older brother used to love them heaps (still does i think) and when he was heavily into them i listened to the a little bit. my fav album of theirs = 'still life'. i LOVE face of melinda. great album.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)