opposite gender best friends (1 Viewer)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
all the girls say...'yeah'. and all the guys are being really honest. LOOOLS.
and then after some reasoning, the women all change their mind in the second half of the video

Annihilist

HSC
my story's not that interesting

basically i met a really awesome girl, got really close to her, but stuffed up majorly again and again and again

i dont blame her for not liking me - i did stupid things and i figure apologising out of the blue might just remind her "oh wait this guy did this" and then she'd hate me again - but ideally i'd like to be on good terms with her again considering she's pretty important to me, and it is worth trying to fight for us being on good terms again.

the scenario above has been played out multiple times in my life... but in one instance at least, i figure that letting her go is a very stupid thing to do.

/pouring my heart out
Mine's nearly the inverse.

My best friend of 4 years now is female & we went out for nearly a year and a half. I broke up with her but we're still best friends. And she still adores me it seems.

I've fucked up but she doesn't seem to care.

I'm not qualified to respond on topic because I have little experience with friends and social situations in high school. I kinda gave up on friends.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
it's more of the fact that guys being friends with girls, more often than not, can lead lead to the development of feelings and such

it's just the way guys work

"Under no circumstances can it happen."

Most of my friends are female.

Circumstances = the guy has to be gay (Although, a few of my friends have liked me in the past, but they're chix so they get over it fast.)

No it doesn't always happen and how is sexuality relevant to this conversation?
Read what I wrote above.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
I definitely think it can happen.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Mine's nearly the inverse.

My best friend of 4 years now is female & we went out for nearly a year and a half. I broke up with her but we're still best friends. And she still adores me it seems.

I've fucked up but she doesn't seem to care.

I'm not qualified to respond on topic because I have little experience with friends and social situations in high school. I kinda gave up on friends.
your avatar definitely reflects that

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Um...okay.
Kids that are usually fans enough of Brian Warner to physically display themselves as such are often those who are socially challenged for a variety of reasons, sometimes through no fault of their own

They see someone who is different, just like how they feel, but they see that they are unapologetic and fearless about being such and they take strength from that. That's often why they emulate his fashion.

Which leads me back to my original point being that you are socially challenged and your avatar is an obvious display of this

Annihilist

HSC
Kids that are usually fans enough of Brian Warner to physically display themselves as such are often those who are socially challenged for a variety of reasons, sometimes through no fault of their own

They see someone who is different, just like how they feel, but they see that they are unapologetic and fearless about being such and they take strength from that. That's often why they emulate his fashion.

Which leads me back to my original point being that you are socially challenged and your avatar is an obvious display of this
Yeah, fair point.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I dunno, in my experience most girls get all "Oh shit, he likes me, obviously" and pull away when you get that close, just give them distance blah blah blah. Or something. But it's quite easy for opposite genders to be friends, but yeah basically, stop being clingy. Problem solved

_kuroo

Sped
Strathfield, Sydney, Australia, Australia
HSC
i just realised that even if a guy and a girl like each other but are just friends, they would both turn a blind eye on each and ignore the hints. i use to give my friend hints but she never saw them. and i usually just ignore those hints as well. it makes sense why were friends for this long. its just something we naturally do to try keep the friendship for as long as possible i guess?

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
i just realised that even if a guy and a girl like each other but are just friends, they would both turn a blind eye on each and ignore the hints. i use to give my friend hints but she never saw them. and i usually just ignore those hints as well. it makes sense why were friends for this long. its just something we naturally do to try keep the friendship for as long as possible i guess?
Or maybe she doesn't like you and didn't want you to like her, maybe?

I Study Hard

HSC
If she means that much to you why would you give up on her?
My best friend is male and I can't even imagine what life would be like without him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)