Parents reaction to ATAR (1 Viewer)

kwabon

Banned
HSC
yeh yeh, i know spin off from last years.

Parents were sleeping when i told them i got 97.85, dad woke up said 'good work, now lemme sleep!!', and mum was fast asleep.

I WANT MY HIGH FIVE!!!!!!!!

hahaha, your turn!!

Grape juice

HSC
I did the "toyota jump" :lol:

Dad was at work. Rang him up: Woah 96.3! Congrats, we're gona celebrate once mum and (my sis) returns.(which is today evening)

my mum and sis are currently overseas, and i cant contact them cause my phone's dead :cry:

shady145

Banned
HSC
i told my mum she said
"yep"

that was the end of the conversation

HSC
i was screaming hahah so my whole family knew. my parents are thrilled. they really didnt even expect over 85 haha!

untouchablecuz

HSC
mum: *big smile/hug*
dad: "yer thats alright, so which scholarship are you going to choose? don't make the wrong decision"

jet

Banned
HSC
Mum: Don't worry Michael. I would be ecstatic with that (I wasn't disappointed.....)
Dad: Why'd they take the 0.05 off you? How is that fair? (My estimate was 99.9, 0.05 higher)

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Dad was sitting beside me when I got it and he's like, "So ... that's it? It just ... flashes up and it's there? Wait ... where is it on the screen?"

And then I pointed to it and he did the laugh that he does when he can't actually think of anything to say :).

And my mother is at work so I SMSed her and she very eloquently responded with "omigod" :D:D.

I think Dad is extra happy about it because it means he won the drinks bet they had going lol.

Blobulator

HSC
Mum was amazed and was doing all these little services for me like getting me breakfast to congratulate me haha. Then her and my sister wouldn't stop talking and she was getting me to ring half my relatives which just makes me sound arrogant, but she was pretty much making me. :p

Dad on the phone was just at a loss for words haha. Kept saying how proud he was but fumbling over every second word, considering everyone including myself was expecting 95-ish and then UAC throws a 99.50 at me. :p He just didn't know what to say heh.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i was screaming hahah so my whole family knew. my parents are thrilled. they really didnt even expect over 85 haha!

hehehe lol

OMG... my dad broke out into a massive grin and said congrats, then started hounding me about doing dentistry or medicine (wtf) even though you need like 98 for that... NOW HES CALLING THE WHOLE GOD DAMN FAMILY :mad: :mad:
and telling them i got 95.16 wtf

i called mum at work, and she was really happy... congratulations!!! etc.

jet

Banned
HSC
OMG... my dad broke out into a massive grin and said congrats, then started hounding me about doing dentistry or medicine (wtf) even though you need like 98 for that... NOW HES CALLING THE WHOLE GOD DAMN FAMILY :mad: :mad:

Haha Well done :)

HSC
hehehe lol

hahahahah congratsss! so can imagine your dad doing that LOL.
dw my parents are like to me now 'you cannot possibly do social work with that atar! you just cant!!' hahaha!

Sarah92

HSC
Uni Grad
My mum was like wow, thats great! Now she's calling every single person she knows :p

I texted my dad who is overseas atm, and he rang me and said
'you do realise its 4am here...oh btw i got your message, thats a good result'

:p

HSC
my mum just said naw. Not much of a reaction, ffffff.

dad doesn't know yet

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
Mum - big hug
Dad - "I'm proud of you. I knew you could do it."

I was expecting 95ish, so pretty stoked/shocked at 99.05.

I love you all HSC 2009ers.

Thecorey0

HSC
I planned to sleep in, then access them whenever. Didn't turn out too good though, my principal rang and woke me up to find out. Best in 5-ish years supposedly. Parents simply said congratulations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)