Pens in the HSC (1 Viewer)

v26

HSC
Are there any restrictions to the type of pens you can use in a HSC exam - eg felt tip, gel, marker etc

Teachers I asked are divided over this

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Anything that can be read easily, iirc.

I used Kilometrico pens mostly; gel pens made my hands cramp up and felt tips didn't glide over the page too easily.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I havnt done my HSC... long time to go... only 18 months left!! *omg!! only, better start studying!*

anywho those Kilometrico pens own! also recommended by my english teacher, they're light weight and last long too.. also they're cheap :rofl:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
What restrictions? It's just a pen.

Cerry

HSC
The only restriction is that it has to be blue or black. But keep in mind that gel pens tend to smudge quite easily, and a ball point pen will write on just about any solid surface.

jet

Banned
HSC
Cause I'm a lefty, I use an ink pen. Otherwise I smudge.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Pencil for diagrams, black or blue pen for writing.

Humans are marking the exam, they wont deliberately give you a hard time just because you used a gel pen or a green pen, so long it's readable, everything else will be fine.
But pencil tends to smudge or fade easily, apart from diagrams, don't use pencils.

0hNivlek

HSC
i use pilot bps-gp (M) lol

Bruce Dennett told us to use felt tip and no stupid faint blue pens lol.

08er

HSC
i think there's no such restriction on the type of pens allowed, but only on the colour

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I use the parker jotter, blue ink as my main pen. It just writes smoothly and doesn't smudge.

My pacer is my pencil and a red pen to mark the different questions i'm doing. I've had no problems with that arrangement.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
you know you have no life when u are having an indepth intellectual discussion on ... pens

sinophile

HSC
N/A
you know you have no life when u are having an indepth intellectual discussion on ... pens
No, actually I think pens are very important. A good pen can dramatically improve your writing speed and legibility, maximising your marks (and avoiding being a dickhead to the poor examiners!)

As for me, I use an ink pen. Not REALLY a gel pen, nor a felt tip. Its sort of like.. a pen with a metal nib at the top that ink flows out of when you write. Ink pens= win, because
-Fine tip= good for writing small. writing small=hands less tired.
-Dont have to apply downward force like a ballpoint pen. Your hand can practically hover over the paper and it'll work.
-MANLY

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I prefer gel pens actually. They allow me to write really quickly and they don't smudge for me. Also (besides pacer), they're the best pen to emphasise my neat handwriting (I've been told I write like a girl - when we uploaded our handwriting last year).

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
No, actually I think pens are very important. A good pen can dramatically improve your writing speed and legibility, maximising your marks (and avoiding being a dickhead to the poor examiners!)

As for me, I use an ink pen. Not REALLY a gel pen, nor a felt tip. Its sort of like.. a pen with a metal nib at the top that ink flows out of when you write. Ink pens= win, because
-Fine tip= good for writing small. writing small=hands less tired.
-Dont have to apply downward force like a ballpoint pen. Your hand can practically hover over the paper and it'll work.
-MANLY
By 'ink pen' do you mean a fountain pen?

I used a fountain pen for my HSC - and not one of the cheap disposables, either. I used (and continue to use at uni, even for exams) a Lamy Safari with a 1.1 italic nib. None of the examiners batted an eye at it, nor at the spare refill cartridges I brought into the exam.

MrDimple

HSC
black pens i use because blue reflects and hurts the markers eyes. True fact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)