People who got >90 in subjects: how did you study? (1 Viewer)

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
ok...well i guess it wouldn't be a good plan to follow what i did but i'll impart my advice anyway...btw i did get a uai in the 90s so don't think im a dumb ass

well i really had no study technique! LoL baiscally i crammed alot before major exams but i did some other things to that helped

1) actually tried on my assessment tasks...and i used them as study tools...don't underestimate how useful assesment tasks can be!
2) I read my notes aloud...for some reason i remeber what people said to me more than what i wrote on the page..try it and see if it works for u!
3) Look at sources (where possible) outside what your school gave u...like for english go to www.classicnote.com, this site is brillant for gettind analysis'!!!!! Or for subjects like history..and history extension get interviews with professors...i spoke to Kanawati this year and it was great!!! ( and he signed my copy of his book...*sigh*)
4) study guides!!!! If nothing else they put forth the bare minimum!
5) Volunteer to help others...this was my best study tool...i helped freinds in society, maths and ancient and these were my best marks! Theres a reason for this...u can't teach what u don't understand!

well they were things i did that helpe me! hope they help u!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
well ru gonna anytime soon, or u just gonna keep it to ya self?
I'll keep it to myself. :)

Now let's forget our troubles with a big bowl of strawberry ice cream!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Did you say - Ice cream?!

Yes, ice cream helps in gettin' 90+. :p

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
I'll keep it to myself. :)

Now let's forget our troubles with a big bowl of strawberry ice cream!
na, i rather have vanilla ice cream, wif chocolate topping. :p

but anyway getting back to the topic: were your results that bad that u don't even wanna tell anyone? :s

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It'd be suffice to say, comparatively bad enough for him not to share with strangers. :p

Procras_witfood

A useful tip for everybody would be to...

HAVE A LIFE DURING THE HSC!

Please don't be one of those people that just stays at home and studies all day. I'm sure a lot of people did that here, but no offence, you just missed out some of the best months of your life.

Go clubbing (which is what I did every w/end before and during the HSC), see your friends, go to work and make some pocket money...don't just be a loser and stare at your notes, at home.

BTW, if you don't know how to study by now...what the hell are you doing still at school traumatising yourself with the HSC?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by unmentionable
wat is a l...i..f...e ?
"The property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter, manifested in functions such as metabolism, growth, reproduction, and response to stimuli or adaptation to the environment originating from within the organism. "...dictionary.com :p

-=AETOS=-

I think that quote from the dictionary was the kind of geeky thing the guy is talking about bro....

i agree wif him i got 96 last year and had a social life going out and everything and it was mad best time of my life yr 12...

personally i think it helps u with ur studies anyway, as long as u keep things in perspective and dont go over the top

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Skillo
Is it better to TYPE or HANDWRITE study notes?

Oh, in your personal opinion...
it depends on the neatness of ya writing, and wether u will b able to read ya writing bfore ya exams and understand it as well. :D

i would do the notes by my hand, and then type it up, it will help reinforce the material. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)