• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

People who got >90 in subjects: how did you study? (1 Viewer)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Seraph
far out , i should make a day where i do no work completely.....!!! but my mind wotn let me!! DAMN YOU DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!
ur conscience will nag

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
far out , i should make a day where i do no work completely.....!!! but my mind wotn let me!! DAMN YOU DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!
its not a good idea to do that coz that can loose your momentum!

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
but seriously working every day i mean........

i guess my SDD teacher was right
"give up your life for 10 months"

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
but seriously working every day i mean........

i guess my SDD teacher was right
"give up your life for 10 months"
well some days u work harder than others- but make sure u do "something" each day, so u can keep the momentum going....last year i found it really difficult to start studying again, if i haven't been studying anything for couple of days.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Tenax Propositi
omgosh omgosh omgosh i HATE maths tooooo - i kept it even though i had 13 units. inevitably, with no study and no talent for it, 2 U maths didn't count...

but I could have used those study periods!

My advice - if maths is not needed and u suck at it - DROP IT IMMEDIATELY!

I swear I thought it was me that posted that haha. I did 13 units including 2u maths which i bombed at as well. hehe.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by quand-meme
i didnt study
thats how yr12s supposed to be. this crap about putting your life on hold for a year...crazy...

Beats

HSC
How can you study that much at the moment ? I mean we (class of 04) are still continually learning stuff, so that means huge gaps in past papers etc.. Maybe my laziness is just playing mind games...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Beats
How can you study that much at the moment ? I mean we (class of 04) are still continually learning stuff, so that means huge gaps in past papers etc.. Maybe my laziness is just playing mind games...
well u can always revise your first module- such as making notes and stuff...or u can go ahead of the class in your subjects...so yeah, u can't say that there is "nothing" to do. :p

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Beats
yes i agree , i just basically try to memorize everything i learn at school , maybe go ahead a bit here and there

quand-meme

i got a band 6 in french, E4 in French extension. All without studying... But i studied for everything else(Modern history, Maths, Geography, SOR,English standard and Economics). I got band 5's in all of them except for economics with a measley 79.

quand-meme

almost. i speak it fluently, but we all know there is a reading and writing component, which i reckon cost me those 10 marks. i didnt do overly well. i have a friend who got a uai of over 95.00 and i know for a fact he only studied for english and crammed everything else in,in the hours and nights before the exam. for french i had a bit of a head start, that i must admit.

Last edited:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by quand-meme
almost. i speak it fluently, but we all know there is a reading and writing component, which i reckon cost me those 10 marks. i didnt do overly well. i have a friend who got a uai of over 95.00 and i know for a fact he only studied for english and crammed everything else in,in the hours and nights before the exam. for french i had a bit of a head start, that i must admit.
yep- there u go, if french was your mother tongue, technically speaking, u shouldn't have needed to spend that much time studying it anyway! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)