People with higher IQ 'Less Likely to Believe in God' (1 Viewer)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Slidey said:
Theology is the study of religion. I generally have no respect for people who tell me they study this at uni, as though that implies they are knowledgeable or useful.
It's doubly useless since it has little to no effect on religious practice :D

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Apey MatrixElf said:
lol nah, not autistic. normal!! and school is such a WASTE. *sob*
umm,

High School Graduation:
Academic Programme:
Biology; Ancient History; Visual Arts; Advanced English; General Mathematics
Educational Institution:
Galston High School

General Mathematics

HSC
Apey MatrixElf said:
i'm an agnostic-atheist; basically, there COULD be a god, but the chances are so close to impossible that i simply assume there isn't one.
its naive to base that assumption on probability.

probability has us not existing without a consciousness behind it.

use your 200+ IQ to realise how infinite the anomalies that created this present world are.

HSC
Apey MatrixElf said:
lol haha yeah. no work, great grades.

i never said i was motivated.
i do general. but i have a reason. circumstances conspired, i skipped a year. i would otherwise be likely to be topping 2U. i dont claim to have a stupidly high IQ. i wouldnt have been struggling. whats your excuse?

HSC
lol XD not what i meant when i said that. but yes, my IQ IS 200+. i tend to not flaunt that, i was just making a point about IQ and religion.

i simply don't care about school, it's that simple.

HSC
*rolls eyes* yes, my IQ is 200+, i had it tested. multiple times.

i just don't care about school
it's that simple

HSC
Apey MatrixElf said:
lol XD not what i meant when i said that. but yes, my IQ IS 200+. i tend to not flaunt that, i was just making a point about IQ and religion.

i simply don't care about school, it's that simple.
right. kay. arrogant without cause.
or trolling.

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
Apey MatrixElf said:
Ah, the Bible-

because all the works of science can never equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought that every animal in the world was within walking distance of Noah's house.

My 14yo sister got that as an answer today when asking if I believe in science or the Bible. I looked at her as if she was stupid [she is], and she just went, "oh". I have made a point for years in saying that religion has no place in my room. So it was a really dumb question...ronnkee: you are such a dwop
Most religious people dont believe in Noahs Ark. You must know that in their time, the world they knew must have been very small so they wouldve thought it possible for every animal to get to the ark.

You sound pretty harsh to call your sister dumb btw in a forum with many people viewing. That wasn't very intelligent of you. Dwop? Are you out of arguments you must resort to insults and words found in no proper dictionary?

Last edited:

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
Exphate said:
In a sentence, not the definition of theology. You hack.
So I assume you support communism by your display picture. Just wondering, how did all those full communist countries do anyway? Arent they all being beat by all of the 1st world countries? Shows your intelligence is low if even now u cant see how crappy communism is and adding more proof that intelligent people do believe in God

HSC
prediction: this thread will be kept alive for at least 6 months by inane posts made by people who do not understand the intelligent posters, and hence feel the need to argue.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
i'm an agnostic-atheist; basically, there COULD be a god, but the chances are so close to impossible that i simply assume there isn't one.
So instead of thinking outside the box and realising that God is very possible, you have decided to believe that the universe was created from nothing.

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
So instead of thinking outside the box and realising that God is very possible, you have decided to believe that the universe was created from nothing.
Well according to the article in the beginning, high IQ people tend not to believe in God, and I guess they're smart enough to imagine something from nothing. Maybe actually there too smart for there own good or maybe they just havent reached a high enough level.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
ronnknee said:
Most religious people dont believe in Noahs Ark. You must know that in their time, the world they knew must have been very small so they wouldve thought it possible for every animal to get to the ark.
It is meant figuratively.
The whole bible is...

HSC
scaredytiger said:
prediction: this thread will be kept alive for at least 6 months by inane posts made by people who do not understand the intelligent posters, and hence feel the need to argue.
Who are the intelligent posters? Starcraftmastar? Just I've noticed you're a bit of a theist... so do you dispute the findings of this study?

I mean, tbh, I don't think it matters much at all, I'm sure I fit into a fair few groups / hold ideas that are held by people with the lower iq's etc...

Skinneth

Do The Whirlwind.
HSC
I may have a high IQ, but this is irrevelant.

God made me and atheist, who are you to question his wisdom?

So I don't beleive he exists, but dammned if he does, he made me this way =]

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
Exphate said:
For someone with such an interest in mathematics, you have a lot of difficulty thinking outside the box.
Lol, I am thinking outside the box you know? The problem is I might be thinking too far out of the box, because of Post Modernism:angry:, that false thing taught in schools.

HSC
BoilinOatRunner said:
Who are the intelligent posters? Starcraftmastar? Just I've noticed you're a bit of a theist... so do you dispute the findings of this study?

I mean, tbh, I don't think it matters much at all, I'm sure I fit into a fair few groups / hold ideas that are held by people with the lower iq's etc...
lol no. i mean exphate and slidey and the like.
im agnostic.
i have no problem with atheism, but its stupid to have it based on probability.

the findings of this study?
i think its more likely the people surveyed were agnostic also.

themadness

HSC
scaredytiger said:
Another distinct possibility is that it could descend into a flame war. That would always be <del>amusing</del> terrible.

ronnknee said:
Lol, I am thinking outside the box you know? The problem is I might be thinking too far out of the box, because of Post Modernism:angry:, that false thing taught in schools.
What is so wrong with post modernism? A Christian apologetic I read often doesn't seem to give it much credence either. Would you care to expound on the evils of post modernism, and why it conflicts with the Christian world view?
'
Personally, I don't have an issue with post modernism. Also my views on apologetics are neither relevant or particularly flattering.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)