• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Periods per day (1 Viewer)

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Woah, so many different lengths..it must be pretty hard to remember when the bell rings :O

I still haven't remembered all my bell times, even though our only variation is 35min periods on Tuesdays (early day).

Hypothesis that our periods are way shorter than others = correct.

Buttigieg

Elite Member
HSC
6 X 60min periods
except tues...6 X 50min periods...to fit in pastoral care.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
pwoh said:
Woah, so many different lengths..it must be pretty hard to remember when the bell rings :O

I still haven't remembered all my bell times, even though our only variation is 35min periods on Tuesdays (early day).

Hypothesis that our periods are way shorter than others = correct.
lol, i remember all the bell times even though they are really obscure, i'm just used to them, i think around 1/5 to 1/10 people in our school know all/most of the bell times

HSC
N/A
we have four periods a day, 75 minutes each - eight or six periods a day sounds weird... how many textbooks would you have to carry around

except for wednesdays, when we have sport, so we have three periods of 60 mins each

but the good thing is we get to go early at 2.25 on wednesdays and fridays - I love the feeling of getting out of school early on fridays :D

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Timothy.Siu said:
lol, i remember all the bell times even though they are really obscure, i'm just used to them, i think around 1/5 to 1/10 people in our school know all/most of the bell times
Tell me your secrets? Our system is so simple compared to others, the same almost everyday...yet I still can't remember.

barbecuedflava said:
we have four periods a day, 75 minutes each - eight or six periods a day sounds weird... how many textbooks would you have to carry around

except for wednesdays, when we have sport, so we have three periods of 60 mins each

but the good thing is we get to go early at 2.25 on wednesdays and fridays - I love the feeling of getting out of school early on fridays
I'd rather carry around more books than sit for over an hour, listening to the same teacher drone on and on...that's why I hate double periods.

No fair, I want two early days. :p

HSC
N/A
pwoh said:
I'd rather carry around more books than sit for over an hour, listening to the same teacher drone on and on...that's why I hate double periods.

yeh, 75 minute periods are pretty long but everyone gets used to it. u should try our double periods, 150 mins long :vcross:

but yeh, the early days make up for it ;)

Marinatos

HSC
6 periods a day - 13 units + 2 periods of sport + 1 period for assembly + one period free on friday afternoon. If you want to do more than 13 units you have early morning or late afternoon classes. We start at ten to nine and finish at ten past three, except on Fridays when the whole school finishes at 2.30. Bell times vary depending on the day because of sport, assembly and early finishing but they usually go for about 50 minute (45 - 1 hour depending with every posible number in between).

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
barbecuedflava said:
yeh, 75 minute periods are pretty long but everyone gets used to it. u should try our double periods, 150 mins long

but yeh, the early days make up for it
2.5 hours sitting on the same chair in the same room listening to the same teacher :eek:...I feel sorry you techies.

As for different times everyday...I would be like WtfWhenDoesThisLessonEndArgh!

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
2007- 6 x 50 minute periods
2008- 5 x 60 minute periods

They did this because they lowered the maximum amount of units you can study from 13 to 12

suzlee

HSC
Normal days: 7x45min lessons
Wednesday: 6x40min lessons + assembly

A double lesson is 90 mins :apig:

Recess is half and hour and lunchtime is 50 mins.

Laes

Banned
HSC
4 x 75 minutes on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday

2 x 70 minutes on Wednesday

mattchis

HSC
Erm 40 minute periods with 9 in the day (start at 8:20 on some days for the seniors and 3:10 finish)

God damn i hate double periods :p

shakky15

HSC
mattchis said:
Erm 40 minute periods with 9 in the day (start at 8:20 on some days for the seniors and 3:10 finish)

God damn i hate double periods :p
9 periods?? wow... you must have a lot of doubles..

6 x 50min periods usually.. usually have one double period each day (and its usually split by a recess or lunch :) )

on tuesday its 4 x 45mins plus 2 hours of 'sport' where yr 12 has study

no frees unless you do 11 units (timetable holds only 12)

its sad that im never gonna go through this routine again :(

suzlee

HSC
shakky15 said:
9 periods?? wow... you must have a lot of doubles..

6 x 50min periods usually.. usually have one double period each day (and its usually split by a recess or lunch :) )

on tuesday its 4 x 45mins plus 2 hours of 'sport' where yr 12 has study

no frees unless you do 11 units (timetable holds only 12)

its sad that im never gonna go through this routine again :(

It's sad that will be me in two years :(

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
pwoh said:

i actually wudn't mind extra long periods, although it would be tragic if u hated that period

SimonLee13

HSC
I reckon 6 periods is the best - Get enough time to absorb stuff without becoming bored.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
My old school had 4 x 75/80 minute periods, then i changed and my new school had 8 x 35 periods a day. It was so odd re-adjusting, school days seemed to just fly by.

HSC
N/A
suzlee said:
Normal days: 7x45min lessons
Wednesday: 6x40min lessons + assembly

A double lesson is 90 mins :apig:

Recess is half and hour and lunchtime is 50 mins.
wth, thats not fair, both your recess and lunchtimes are 10 mins longer than ours, we get 20 and 40 mins for them :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)