• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Please help me pick out a uni course :) (1 Viewer)

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
uws only got engo recently, I'd be suspect about it (not UWS in general, just specifically for engineering compared to the more established unis)

unsw probably has the best and coolest high tech stuff, but usyd would probably have the coolest student life

uts and uow are at least as good as usyd and they're all fine for job prospects

HSC
Uni Grad
oh okay awesome

also what are the job prospects and salaries like for biomedical science in australia?

i've been reading up on it and think i would really enjoy it, to me it seems like it combines the medical/helping people part of medicine with the science/maths aspect i would really enjoy

mirakon

nigga
HSC
biomedical science seems pretty good imo. Although i don't pretend to be an expert, it seems like something that'll keep you open for pursuing med in the future if you so wish and also seems to have reasonable career prospects.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
what ARE the career prospects though, assuming you don't want to get a PhD and don't want to analyze piss in a lab for $30k pa forever

HSC
Uni Grad
well the thing is if i do biomedical engineering masters then i'll also have another engineering degree as well (will probably do electrical idk)

biomed is just an extra year so that's cool, would be another 2 years if done separately i think

jaychouf4n

HSC
Just do Comm/Eng majoring in Actuarial.

Lots of maths, and you can go anywhere in the business world. You also get the practical elements in engineering.

HSC
Uni Grad
why not medicinal chem and try transfer or something into medicine
does medicinal chem have good job prospects?

because if i don't ever get into med i want to be able to move on with my life and not have a useless and expensive piece of paper (bachelor of medical science yewww)

RANK 1

HSC
or you could do pharmacy, which according to career one has one of the highest employment rates for graduates. and then you can make all the drugs you want

HSC
Uni Grad
or you could do pharmacy, which according to career one has one of the highest employment rates for graduates. and then you can make all the drugs you want
too late now, i never did STAT

and i remember somewhere in this thread pharmacy was about as good as a science degree

my aunt did it, ran a pharmacy for a few years but couldn't compete with large stores like chem-mart etc.

RANK 1

HSC
i thought the deadline for stat was in december? at least thats what uac told me....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)