• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Pregnancy / Periods (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Ms 12 said:
I won't type the first two-word phrase that popped into my head when I read this. All I will say is 'now whos being childish'?
i'm simply making a point is all. if you feel like stating your opinion without any opposition, go talk to your bathroom mirror.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
In case you haven't noticed, Im a law student, I love a good argument. I like it when someone has something to argue back. But Id prefer people actually posted something worth arguing, not completely unfounded drivel.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Ms 12 said:
In case you haven't noticed, Im a law student, I love a good argument. I like it when someone has something to argue back. But Id prefer people actually posted something worth arguing, not completely unfounded drivel.
i had my suspicions ;)
but you must remember that a great number of people on this board are in high school, and are either in the process of deciding their beliefs for themselves or are simply believing what some other person in their life has told them. you cant expect us to be the most eloquent and sophisticated debaters/arguers, but i dont think "unfounded drivel" is a very accurate term for our opinions.

Last edited:

jordanv

HSC
I think abortion should be illegal except in instances involving underage girls and rape or incest.

nwatts

HSC
jordanv said:
I think abortion should be illegal except in instances involving underage girls and rape or incest.
natstar said:
Would you think the same if you were female?
Similarly relevant: would you think the same way if you were a sea otter?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
jordanv said:
That would depend on a girl being brave enough to walk into a doctor's office and say that she had been a victim of that.

The situation is distressing enough.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
natstar said:
Would you think the same if you were female?
That kind of argument is stupid. I could equally respond with "would you still be pro abortion if you were an unborn foetus?"

Lundy

Banned
HSC
jordanv said:
Then we would have women who were desperate enough having abortions by other, potentially dangerous means. Although I disagree with abortions on an ethical level, I think they should remain legal.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
To say abortion should be illegal except in certain circumstances would be like me being a clinician and saying to patients "sorry, I can't treat your energy conservation problems because you're a smoker", its descriminatory.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
No, it'd be like giving a passive smoker precedence in treatment over a smoker.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
AlleyCat said:
after i stopped taking the pill i have had 3 day periods with one day of excruciating pain. short and sharp as hell.
Try week long periods with 3 days of excruciating pain :\
pinkblinkbarbie said:
my boyfriends sister cant go on the pill becuase she has a cyst on her ovaries? i dont get it...
Hmm, well what my doctor told me was, cysts can pop on their own (and yes it is painful), and going on the Pill can prevent cysts from forming again by not letting the egg do something? I should know this, this is going to be in my uni finals :\
breaking said:
abortions for some
miniature american flags for others!
*cheers*

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
nwatts said:
I could say the same. "Look at me i'm a law student so i'm not going to stoop to your level.." and so on.
Sweetie if you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute, fuck off.

elefdee

jordanv said:
How on earth did i know you were a male?

Can i just say abortion has been practised for thousands of years. Illegal abortions? you would have thousand of girls dying from dodgy bachstreet abortions. All that said it should be up to the individual. I just think that both parties should be in agreement with an abortion.

I personally at this age would definately not be able to bring up a child.....i would of course take all preventative action to make sure that there never is a child to begin with. You rely only on condoms?? you get what you deserve then.

nwatts

HSC
Ms 12 said:
Sweetie if you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute, fuck off.
Don't be so arrogant.

Waf said a comment to the same effect as mine (here), yet you had no problem.

You're as bad as natstar. Unless you wanted to support your own point by illustrating how useless your own post was. I swear you guys are building an irony machine.

jordanv

HSC
elefdee said:
How on earth did i know you were a male?
it says it in my profile, and your gender discrimination is very disgusting. Drop it now.

elefdee said:
Can i just say abortion has been practised for thousands of years. Illegal abortions? you would have thousand of girls dying from dodgy bachstreet abortions. All that said it should be up to the individual. I just think that both parties should be in agreement with an abortion.
Yeah, way to be contradictory. You can't have it up to the individual, and then say both parties have to be in agreement. Males contribute to the conception, why shouldn't they have a right to co-determine the fate of the child?

elefdee said:
I personally at this age would definately not be able to bring up a child.....i would of course take all preventative action to make sure that there never is a child to begin with. You rely only on condoms?? you get what you deserve then.
Adoption?

Don't have sex if you aren't willing to accept the costs (ie pregnancy)?

elefdee

jordanv said:
it says it in my profile, and your gender discrimination is very disgusting. Drop it now.

I think gender discimmination is appropriate in the arena of pregenacy...or am i mistaken in thinking that females carry the child???
As a female i find it hard to accept a males point of view on what pregnancy means and its ramifications......and yes i will pay the cost for preganacy and my subsequent abortion.

After all a guy who roots around is a hero...a girl is simply a slut. Not my point of veiw...societies.hhmmm one that is ruled by men??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)