Prelim ---> HSC - Holiday AKA Extended Study Period (1 Viewer)

TimeAndTide

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
HSC
So, the Christmas holidaays will officially be the last real study time for us. Lets face it, the 2 week holidays inbetween Term 2-3 is nothing. so how long are you going to study per day? I know some people that will study for 12-13 hours a day throughout. Thats freaky. I should do the same :)

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
12-13 hours a day is crazy. You'd be exhausted to death by the time you go back to school. i suggest you take it easy. Study around 3-4 hours a day and relax on the weekend. it is the holidays afterall.

lala2

Banned
HSC
i'm treating this as two-months' worth of frees, and I have fragmented study time--I'm analysing abot 7 English texts simulatenously plus atetmpting 2 past papers/trials every day plus revisng two maths concepts in a topic per day..it's all set out....sorry if I sound like I' bragging--but no way am I doing anything close to 12-13 hours a day!!!! gosh I still sleep in until 11:30 sometimes *blushes* so don't worry, as long as you're constant and spread it out, no need to crash and burn like these 12-13hour people will do pretty soon...(unless of course they're from ruse or baulko)

mishka

HSC
N/A
bahaha i used these holidays last year (when i was starting year 12) as the last opportunity i had to RELAX. :uhhuh:

mishka

HSC
N/A
i won't get it until saturday.

results on friday. :)

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Jesus. 12-13 hours per day?? That's friggin' crazy. Crazy. I might study 2 hours every day, at the most.

mishka

HSC
N/A
my advice - don't overdo it. you have the half yearlies coming up at the middle/end of term 1, so there is plenty of time to have a break - trust me. it's probably the LAST chance you'll have to chill.

so here's my suggestion plan - stop studying until 3rd or 4th january - give yourself time to enjoy chrissy and the new year. that gives you 3 weeks to put everything out of your mind.

i found if i did too much i'd get sick of it and become unmotivated.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
not to scare u guys or anything, however, i've heard of a few people, or ishould say... i know a few people... who spent their holidays studying, and when the study period before the HSC came, they were so sick of studying, they literally gave up and did'nt study at all, they had had more than enough, and just let fate do the rest................... so yeh. I presume that study everyday is too much. unless if u only do 2-3 hours, however i think that 6 hours 3 days a week is enough, or on an even positive note, 3 hours 3 days a week, unless if ur really thick headed and need loads of time for 1+1 to get through ur head ( just kidding), don't peopl play sports, or have jobs, like over the holidays, or even....... arent' u guys going on holidays?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hahaha i plan to do about 3 hours a week, tops.

don't give me this 12-13 hours a day bullshit, go out. get pissed if that's your thing. get some natural life. dear god.

mishka

HSC
N/A
yes you need an "outlet" as our deputy always said. even studying during the exams for the next one got annoying because i found that i was just reading the same stuff all the time.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
lala2 said:
i'm treating this as two-months' worth of frees, and I have fragmented study time--I'm analysing abot 7 English texts simulatenously plus atetmpting 2 past papers/trials every day plus revisng two maths concepts in a topic per day..it's all set out....sorry if I sound like I' bragging--but no way am I doing anything close to 12-13 hours a day!!!! gosh I still sleep in until 11:30 sometimes *blushes* so don't worry, as long as you're constant and spread it out, no need to crash and burn like these 12-13hour people will do pretty soon...(unless of course they're from ruse or baulko)
haha honey on top of everything else you're doing two trial papers a day? that'll take you anywhere between 4 and 6 hours in itself. don't bother, it's not that hard to write 40 min essays re:english. not saying don't do any, but 2 a day? at this point of the course all you need at absolute maximum is 2 a week

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
The thing is, you can always study more, and you can always feel more prepared than you do.

My tip for trials, because this is what dragged me down - study is important but it's just as important to practise writing essays in 40 mins. it's not hard once you get the hang of it, but don't just assume you can do it, cuz you *will* lose 5 marks on an unfinished question :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)