• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Prelim ---> HSC - Holiday AKA Extended Study Period (1 Viewer)

HSC
lets not forget, homework is close to identical of study

if you do homework for example, on maths and youre learning probability, you've basically done the study for that, i mean you wouldnt do the homework, then do it again would you

elisabeth

HSC
melsc said:
woah u pplz are scarying me...i am so lazy and i probably wont study...i deserve to fail the HSC... the only excuse i have is that i do 2 languages and u cant 'study' for them
haha, bullshit. you can:

- learn new vocab (esp. with italian, if it's beginners, a wider range of vocab will help a lot)
- do online tutorials on grammar
- practise writing in the languages (letters/emails to a penfriend is more interesting)
- practise reading - again, heaps of stuff online.
- are you at OHS? If so, you could do a bunch of your modules
- listen to french/italian music! I have a lot, pm me if you want to know who.

not saying you have to do any of that. hell, i do german cont. and i don't plan on doing much of that ;) but there is always stuff you can do...

mack

Banned
HSC
12-13 hours at this stage will be counter-productive, trust me, you will burn out and return to school a zombie. I did 3-4 hours of study, and read my English texts a few times, and that was more than enough to get excellent marks at school after the holidays. I know people who did absolutely nothing in those holidays and still got a very high UAI.

mack

Banned
HSC
Trust me, the law of diminishing returns sets in after the 4th or 5th hour. There is absolutely no need to do 13 hours at this stage.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
does anyone have the same problem? at the beginning of the year, say in year 10 and 11, you promise yourself that you will do all your homework the day it was set. but then start to slacken off half way through the first term.

this could be due to burn out or lack of motivation,or just plain lazy. then you begin to pick up the pieces just before your yearlys.

i can't study!! i stop every time i try.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i look at that 5 digit thread, and that gives me inspiration. i then come to the realisatin of why we are getting educated? to be assessed in society and to be eased into the conformed society that we have to follow. :D

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
DanielleM said:
well im going to study 24 hours a day...
suck on that....
i want to be the biggest nerd ever :D
refer to five digits to see whether you are a nerd.

TimeAndTide

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
HSC
Donshe said:
Hi,

Im one of these Baulkham people.

I'd like to say you're dribbling shit.

I didn't study more then 2 hours a day even during StuVac.

Good luck with 12 hours a day from now till this time next year.

Sounds like youll need more then luck
If i wanted to dribble shit, I'd get Mack to shit in my mouth.

Its not like all of you study 12 or more/less. What a dicktard, singling yourself out for your school.

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
12-13 hrs/day is way too much, a few hours is enough. Otherwise come next year when the work and assessments pile up you really will burn out.

i only did homework during the xmas holidays, really

Anyway, what is there to study? For English i guess it's ok, you can do practice essays and look for related material. But you've only just started the HSC course for your other subjects. There's not that much to revise, unless you work ahead...

it's good that you're doing some work but i think you should savour your last real holiday. During Year 12 you study a lot more anyway, eg. during lunch, frees, etc.

argo0986

TrAsHy GuY
HSC
Listen don't do that 12-13 hour bullshit.......i got 87.95 in the UAI and all i did was catch up and do some notes from term 1......relax because its the only chance you'll get!

When your trials and half yearlies come, the study you do will be immensed in your head for the HSC...and the 2 weeks before the exams should be used for extra revising

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)