prescribed text as a related text? (1 Viewer)

HSC
yeah your not allowed to use a prescribed text from either adv or stand as a related text. :)

absorber

HSC
Won't get marks for it if it's a prescribed part of the syllabus elsewhere

fayeee

HSC
my bestfriend did that for AOS yesterday!

she was freaking out all through reading time, and the supervisor said "interpret the question at your own discretion" or something like that

but she used it anyway :s

nosh22

HSC
My set text is Romulus, My Father.
My related was The Namesake *Film*
Lol... Last year I had absolutely no idea it was a prescribed text and was confused why it wasn't on the net as a suggest related material. :)
I made sure it was alright.

Doing prescribed texts though, is "frowned upon."

HSC
Uni Grad
Never heard contradictory and I believe others have used so you should be ok

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Not allowed, AFAIK.
Play it safe and don't try.

daniel81

HSC
Even if it were allowed, it would give the marker the impression that you are lazy since you can't be bothered searching for your own related text and given the amount of marker discretion in this subject, you dont want the marker to think negatively of you at all.

jackono

HSC
what if you accidentally used an ext 1 prescribed text in the belonging essay which you didn't even realise was a prescribed text ? I only realised after that this was the case and not even my teacher knew otherwise he would've advised against it. And now i'm quite worried, particularly because it ended up being the only related text i used.

Randomist

HSC
I used The Crucible as my related text and my teacher said it was fine - so did the examiner. I'm not worried.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
What about using a standard prescribed text as an Extension 1 related text? Our teacher gave it to us and said it was OK to use. She's been a standard and advanced marker for years and didn't see a problem with it - it's not like we'd be studying it in Standard because we obviously do Advanced to be able to do Extension. The exam's tomorrow so I'm kinda screwed if I shouldn't have used this. :/

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
It's usually only a problem if it's your ONLY related Text... you should have quite a few related texts anyways.

So for example for History and Memory we did The Fiftieth Gate as our Prescribed Text, but I used "Memento" as well, along with the Jewish museum and 4 other assorted texts, as well as references to a few others.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
there's nothing you can do about it now

just use it and hope your teacher was right. She probably is.

boxhunter91

HSC
Your allowed too use a Standard text for Advanced Related.
You not are allowed to use an extension text for Advanced or Standard though.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I used The Crucible as my related text and my teacher said it was fine - so did the examiner. I'm not worried.
You mean the play? Or the film?

If you used the play, you're fucked, and your teacher is an idiot. The examiner shouldn't be telling you shit anyway.

sirpoopalot7

HSC
I know half an English class in my school used the Great Gasby or something for a belonging related text. I heard this is a prescribed for Module B or something?

Riffy Raffy

BABY MAN
HSC
You're fucked. How can you go through a whole year of English without knowing you can't use a prescribed text as a related? How can your teachers go through your trial and other assessments and not be like 'you idiot don't do a prescribed text as related'?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I know half an English class in my school used the Great Gasby or something for a belonging related text. I heard this is a prescribed for Module B or something?
Nah, Mod A.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)