Prospective Med Students 2006 (1 Viewer)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
id pray for Newcastle for UWS.. .. not goin to diss any unis.. but if u in a sinking ship.. pray that ure at least not in the sinking end..

medical education is the sinking ship :D question is how to approach it.. its not all bad..

rockstar01

HSC
hey...so would i be correct in saying uws will be undergrad?

EDIT: found it....

What type of medical school will UWS offer – graduate or undergraduate?
Having consideration for its objectives and the fact that medicine is offered as a graduate entry program at Sydney, ANU, Wollongong and Notre Dame, UWS will offer a program predominantly aimed at entry by school leavers, but include also entry for graduates, mature entry students, possibly some transfers from other degrees (but limited), and quotas for indigenous Australians.

Last edited:

theone123

blue essence
HSC
rockstar01 said:
hey...so would i be correct in saying uws will be undergrad?

EDIT: found it....

What type of medical school will UWS offer – graduate or undergraduate?
Having consideration for its objectives and the fact that medicine is offered as a graduate entry program at Sydney, ANU, Wollongong and Notre Dame, UWS will offer a program predominantly aimed at entry by school leavers, but include also entry for graduates, mature entry students, possibly some transfers from other degrees (but limited), and quotas for indigenous Australians.
mainly aimed at school leavers and NRSL and limited to postgrads

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
theone123 said:
25 million in the process not good enough? o_O
im talkin about UWS past history of poor funds management.. knowing them... 25 mil may not be enough to save a med school.. 5-6 yrs.. 2-3 yrs of PBL @ $65/hr per tutor for about 10 hrs a week... Buildings... Paying Acer to use the UMAT.. Clinicans Demands.. a medical education research dept isnt cheap either considering they didnt have a faculty of medicine... paying lecturers to turn up... Medical courses arent ure everyday courses they tend to be high maintance... REAL high..

about the funding... I have relatives at UWS and the resources are different from when u transfer to usyd or UNSW.. because thats what he did.. .

personalli i dun think u should put a spin on a course that isnt accredited.. but what you did put up did not convince me fully..

paskal

HSC
i want to get into medicine! yay! but there's no TEE/TER section here (yet).

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
well it cant be helped.. there is no SACE ... and this is mostly NSW..

but welcome :)

which uni? UWA?.. cos Lexi the mod is there :)..

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Is there a Lexi the not mod? :p

Paskal where are you now? I thought TEE was WA only but I don't know anything about SA so maybe it's there too.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
no SACE in SA
TEE in WA :)

i meant there isnt a SACE section either.. :D

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
WA also has a WACE, but it's not emphasised. It's the same as the HSC, VCE, SACE, TCE etc but the exams are called the TEEs.

paskal

HSC
hi lexi, i'm actually in jakarta, i study in an international school using the WA curricullum. one of my teacher (that used to taught in NSW) point this site for us.

by the way, i see your name as one of the audmedstudent admin, and i wanted to revive the forum. however i find no contact address in the site. maybe you can help me with this? it will be so much easier if i can work on the remaining database, probably the admin can send me the tar/gzipped db so i can just restore it right away on another host. i think the information in the forum is very valuable to any prospective med student like myself.

thanks.

paskal

HSC
will they bother to sue overseas? i dont really think so, especially with all of the indonesia-australia relationship problem right now.

RyBo

HSC
maybe if dallas sues and looses he get 20 years like corby.

Now that would be justice.

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
paskal said:
by the way, i see your name as one of the audmedstudent admin, and i wanted to revive the forum. however i find no contact address in the site. maybe you can help me with this? it will be so much easier if i can work on the remaining database, probably the admin can send me the tar/gzipped db so i can just restore it right away on another host. i think the information in the forum is very valuable to any prospective med student like myself.

thanks.
Hi paskal,

Unfortunately, the ausmedstudent forum ceased to exist not long ago... this is why the link will not work! The forum was very informative, but then again, so is the Ausmedstudent site itself. It's worth a look - perhaps you will find something helpful there?

Ausmedstudent.com

Somethings may be a little outdated, but a vast majority of the links and information are sound.

- m111

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Hi paskal,

I was a moderator (not administrator) of AusMedStudent (along with +pointdexter+) and have been in contact with the administrators. At present she is unwilling to release the forum for any access but her own until her legal entanglements are settled.

Even I was unable to budge her on that regard. I too feel very sad at the loss of such a valuable (and free!) resource, but not much can be done.

Thankfully, I am able to mount my own anti-[name censored] campaign in all major medical feeder schools in NSW and WA through my personal contacts and influence. Already the NSW selective schools are being informed of the allegations against"Dr Wanker" regarding shady business practices as well as the inappropriate contact with young male students. Soon I expect that the truth will come to light in its gory, full-blown magnitude.

VQ

HSC
adrenaline88 said:
Hey veridis,
Yeh I've read the newcastle has more of an interview-based entry, and it's one of the few aussie medical degrees accepted in the UK and Singapore!
Do u know what are other aussie medical degrees accepted in UK-Singapore?Thanks b4

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
UK will accept most.. but u will need to sit the entry exam

singapore will definately take Newc, Adel, UNSW, Melb, Usyd..... im not sure definately about the rest.. but i guess so..

VQ

HSC
paskal said:
hi lexi, i'm actually in jakarta, i study in an international school using the WA curricullum. one of my teacher (that used to taught in NSW) point this site for us.

thanks.
Hey, are u studying @ Binus? G'luck for ur TEE (isn't it?) anyway....

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
UK will accept most.. but u will need to sit the entry exam

singapore will definately take Newc, Adel, UNSW, Melb, Usyd..... im not sure definately about the rest.. but i guess so..
yeh u have to sit the PLAB and the IELTS (english language test for fobs).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)