Public transport more expensive?? $$$ (1 Viewer)

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Hi guys,
So today I took the train to Parramatta from the St George area. A concession parra return used to cost me $4.60. It now costs $4.80. The bus ticket (which I had to purchase to get to uni from Parra station..its the MyTravel 10 concession BTW) has gone up from around $13.50 to $14. That's a $.50 cent increase on the bus + $.20 on the train fare too!!
Isnt the govt supposed to be encouraging people to take public transport? Well so much for encouragement...these price increases are absolutely ridiculous. Cant possibly imagine how much more expensive the public transport system will become once Carbon Tax is completely implemented.

To those of you starting uni, budget well! Believe me, you'll prob find yourself spending your money on unnecessary things in the first few months of uni. You get better at managing money with time I suppose.

I Study Hard

HSC
Yeah, I thought last year they said something about making fares cheaper??

But then they increased this year.

Mymulti day pass is now $10.50 for students
and the Zone3 weekly is $30 =|

muhahahahahaha

HSC
haha yes, i heard that they were going to make the rates cheaper...goddamn public transport system, goddamn government. Oh well, just going to have to live with a tighter budget I guess.

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
Seems better to drive there if you've got an eco car, rather than spending a large sum for public transport that would most likely be crowded.

Shooky_Nooky

HSC
Uni Grad
I've budgeted about $60 per fortnight for transport (if I were to get two mymulti2's), that should pretty much cover me though, shouldn't it?

...and yeah, it's too fecking expensive :(

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Are myweekly thingies cheaper for kids? because I still have that blue concession card until march 31st so I could use it until then.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Are myweekly thingies cheaper for kids? because I still have that blue concession card until march 31st so I could use it until then.
They're the same price as a normal "student" one

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Public transport prices are ridiculous. The transport minister is an idiot.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
You're entitled to student prices (concession) if you asked for a concession thing on your USYD Student Card.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I thought last year they said something about making fares cheaper??

But then they increased this year.

Mymulti day pass is now $10.50 for students
and the Zone3 weekly is $30 =|
MyMulti daily is a rip-off. Choose the weekly option.

I Study Hard

HSC
Yes, but if I'm only going to travel once or twice a week it's cheaper then the weekly.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
They're the same price as a normal "student" one
You're entitled to student prices (concession) if you asked for a concession thing on your USYD Student Card.
Isn't a children's ticket cheaper than a student's?
(I'm entitled to a child's ticket until 31/3/12 as is every 2012er because of that blue students concession card).

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Yeah I think the child ticket is cheaper. Check out the NSW transport page or something for fare info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)