Reasons for racism. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
man reading this forum australian university students are obviously far less affected by political correctness and the diversicult than students in the united kingdom or the united states

on college forums in those places people would just be screaming for topics like this to be locked
Man up.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
what

i think its a GOOD thing dingus i was pointing out that i was impressed by the resillience of the aussie to egalitarian diversity pablum

and students are the most vulnerable demographic for falling victim to it

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
Like albeit we're different, but in the end, we do belong to the one race - humanity.</SPAN>
fallacy of equating two different terms to mean the same thing

lets cut the college campus b.s here please

Scissors

HSC
what

i think its a GOOD thing dingus i was pointing out that i was impressed by the resillience of the aussie to egalitarian diversity pablum

where are you from?

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
what

Sorry, misunderstanding.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
australia

i never went to college or even completed high school i just regged here because i;m considering going to college in a year or so (im 23) and i'm just checking out the current political currents

ofc im not going to be performing a worthless degree in the first place so i likely wont have to encounter many politically correct drones though i have heard that aboriginal studies is a compulsory subject for many degrees which i shudder at

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
australia

i never went to college or even completed high school i just regged here because i;m considering going to college in a year or so (im 23) and i'm just checking out the current political currents

ofc im not going to be performing a worthless degree in the first place so i likely wont have to encounter many politically correct drones though i have heard that aboriginal studies is a compulsory subject for many degrees which i shudder at
it's a part of history, and a lot of subjects and courses would involve some tiny aspect of Australian history e.g. arts or law

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
awful

do they have aboriginal instructors too for these subjects? i'm assuming that they do (the white man presumably would be forbidden to comment on the aboriginal exclusive domain of indigenous issues and history) and are they positive discrimination cases?

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
hey dogs are all ONE BREED THE DOG BREED so chihuahuas and great danes are ABSOLUTELY THE SAME

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
what if racism was a fear OF THE KNOWN

like people putting two and two together and discovering that certain peoples are much less friendly, crime prone and dangerous to be around than other peoples

the capability of the human being for observing patterns around himself is unmatched in nature and even in his own tools and creations

even children seem to pick up pretty quickly which neighbourhoods to avoid (the ones filled with the strange fellows with darker skin) because they have worked out that the chance of them being stabbed or robbed increases exponentially whenever they go into them

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
lol

as i posted before...

My theory on racism:
we're racist to other countries because we barely know or understand them, so when we see something we do- we presume something about them.
Having little understanding about another culture as well as seeing other people of the same culture hang in their "clans" can lead to racism
(e.g. international students, we usually see the non-english background speaking international students hang out with one another and speak in their own language. we expect them to assimilate nicely into our society, but they might not, so it can lead to various assumptions about another's race)

if that makes sense.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
yeah it's a positive thing that you're actually observing that people do sort themselves out on the basis of race but you may be very off on the reason for why they do it

the 'fear of differences' thing is sort of a progressive pablum line that nobody really analyses correctly

when left to themselves people just generally prefer the company of people like themselves

we would rather associate with individuals who are like us and there is likely a genetic basis for PREFERRING people who are like YOU

human beings are essentially tribal animals that sort themselves into groups many of which are simply constructed (like nations, sports teams, school pride, town pride, etc) and many of which are biological like one's racial sub-group, family, etc.

basically its looking more and more likely that human beings and animals in general tend to be more altruistic towards not only their kin but their non-kin who share a larger portion of their genetic material

Last edited:

q3thefish

HSC
people are flawed
people's judgements are flawed

0bs3n3

HSC
it's a part of history, and a lot of subjects and courses would involve some tiny aspect of Australian history e.g. arts or law
How has Abo history got any bearing on our current legal system? Derived from Britain...

Unless you are talking about laws made specifically for Abo people, which is racist in itself.

Explosions_Hurt

HSC
lol

as i posted before...

My theory on racism:
we're racist to other countries because we barely know or understand them, so when we see something we do- we presume something about them.
Having little understanding about another culture as well as seeing other people of the same culture hang in their "clans" can lead to racism
(e.g. international students, we usually see the non-english background speaking international students hang out with one another and speak in their own language. we expect them to assimilate nicely into our society, but they might not, so it can lead to various assumptions about another's race)

if that makes sense.
Your theory is rubbish: that's why nobody reacted to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)