• No

Votes: 1,279 66.6%
  • Depends on the workload

Votes: 398 20.7%

• Total voters

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
I was with my bf through the HSC...it didnt really effect my performance at all. I would have done the same work even if i wasnt with him. But he wasnt at school, he was pretty supportive though. ie. He would sit there and wait for me 2 finish studying

mayhemily

HSC
I have had a boyfriend the whole way through the year and I don't think it makes a difference to your HSC - if they are supportive and understand when you have to spend time on school stuff - if they arent then they are jerks anyway. If you are gonna procrastinate, you'll find other ways... I think its a lame excuse. Love and happiness are priceless, people!

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
i had a bf for 2 yrs almost...

end of yr 10, throught to yr 11 and then yr 12... however.. although it was slack. i did break up with him 2.5 weeks b4 the hsc!

things by that time had gotten abit screwy and we were always fighting...

so.. yeh. it mighta been hsc pressure. it might be other issues.. but i think it is possible to have a relationship during the hsc

as long as u can balance and keep ur priorities staright at the right times..

Keen

MD
HSC
mayhemily said:
I have had a boyfriend the whole way through the year and I don't think it makes a difference to your HSC - if they are supportive and understand when you have to spend time on school stuff - if they arent then they are jerks anyway. If you are gonna procrastinate, you'll find other ways... I think its a lame excuse. Love and happiness are priceless, people!
Well said, I agree 100% - I think that's pretty much the answer.

And butterfly I know how exam pressure can get to you and relationships, I know I caused a lot of havoc during my end of years that just passed. Now I need to redeem myself.

Keen

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i practically had my bf through the whole hsc seeming our 1 year is coming up soon and it did get a bit tense at times cos i wanted to do well and he didnt really give a crap. but other than that we were able to help each other esp in modern

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
hmm. maybe thats was our probelm. we were both really competitive!
we both wanted to do well. both had almost the same subjets... same classes.

eh? he got jealous when i did well. so...,

Jase

HSC
you went to the same school? so you had to compete for ranking lol

deviation

HSC
from my experience, a relationship in year 12 actually improves your motivation + pushes u 2 work harder.

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
natstar said:
That is true. I look back now and think wtf was i so stressed out about.
yeah i think my boyfriend helped me study by refusing to see me so i had time to study. otherwise i would of just given up because i thought it was a bit hard. i think without him i WOULD of been stressed...i dont care though. they were just exams and we've been doing them for 6 years

LaurenB

HSC
I had a boyfriend all through 11 & 12 and am so thankful...he kept me heaps sane and helped tutor me and i did the same back. I can see that for some people they could be a distraction, but because we were both heaps motivated it worked out well

Punkcess

Trapped In Your Guitar
HSC
lukebennett said:
yeah.i couldnt be arsed having a gf during yr12.
And wouldnt u rather be happy, and have a social life...rather than look back and think, hey, i wasted a year that was all hype n e way. Theres more than one way to get what u want if you want it bad enough. The HSC isnt everything.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Punkcess said:
And wouldnt u rather be happy, and have a social life...rather than look back and think, hey, i wasted a year that was all hype n e way. Theres more than one way to get what u want if you want it bad enough. The HSC isnt everything.
as i said in one of my other posts it would have been different if i actually found someone i fancied. yr12 wasnt all hype cause i really wqanted to do well so i could get into the career path which id like to have. its something which could shape my future. it isnt the be all and end all but it was certainly worth the effort. better to achieve what you want when you can rather than leaving it till later and doing it another way.

i had a good social life and was happy. i just didnt have a gf.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
i guess unlike everyone else here who is damn lucky to have a bf/gf who understands to alocate some time to them over HSC, my relationship with my bf ended coz of the HSC. he said that he couldnt concentrate with me on his mind or whatever, but after the hsc things couldnt go back to how they were coz we had grown appart in just a month and a bit of not being together.
its gay. stupid HSC.
if u didnt pick up that tone, im a bit bitter :p

Keen

MD
HSC
The funny thing is when you decide to keep your distance and it's really bad because you still spend your time thinking about them. I'd rather stay together but give each other time, because the distance seperation can be pretty painful. I think this pain is worse and more distructive than not being in the relationship for me at least, I don't know about others.

Keen

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
relationships during the HSC

has any1 purposefully avoided a relationship just so they can be single during the HSC year? has any1 ever broken up with their partner or know of some1 who has just so that they can i dunno have more time for study or some crap

this isnt about me, i reckon i can balance a relationship and HSC if the need arose, but some1 i know has said that she isnt going to have a relationship during the HSC and she has turned down a friend who she is really into and he is rather into her...just i think this is kinda odd, i never gave thought to the matter before and i wanted to know other peoples thoughts on the situation of relationships during HSC year

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
actually i did quite the opposite.. i made my relationship public so i could KEEP it during the HSC.. i dont think i would be able to make it through this year without the help of my boyfriend, he didnt do well in his hsc so his lack of motivation is motivating me.. hes the one pushing me to study etc.. so without him i wouldnt be doing much :) its not hard to have a relationship and do the hsc, you always need to have something that can just take ur mind off things.. and if being in a relationship can be that thing, then so be it :)

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Letting the HSC dominate your life like that is a bad idea. Its probably going to have more negative effects on your results than positive.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
i was with a guy last year who did his hsc and it was kinda bad for him...
i dont think im going to have a serious boyfriend this year, i just cant be bothered really

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
The HSC is nothing. Try and enjoy your life.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Serius said:
has any1 purposefully avoided a relationship just so they can be single during the HSC year? has any1 ever broken up with their partner or know of some1 who has just so that they can i dunno have more time for study or some crap

this isnt about me, i reckon i can balance a relationship and HSC if the need arose, but some1 i know has said that she isnt going to have a relationship during the HSC and she has turned down a friend who she is really into and he is rather into her...just i think this is kinda odd, i never gave thought to the matter before and i wanted to know other peoples thoughts on the situation of relationships during HSC year
I was in a relationshipesque thingy during the HSC exam period, and it did wonders for my self esteem and exam performance having someone there for emotional support who was going through the exact same situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)