Results: Semester 1, 2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Is anyone finding that maths has not come out yet? It's taken so long to the point where I'm starting to think I might've failed (even though it clearly says there it's 'result not available')

P.S. Is it true that if you appeal, that your mark can potentially go down?

Last edited:

ember

HSC
scarybunny said:
ember, one of my tutors said that there's a big gap between 84 and 85. An 84 means something's lacking, it's more than just a one mark difference.
Be happy with 84, it's still a great mark.
Thanks scarybunny, I guess I'll just have to let it go and be happy with what I got :)

antarctic

HSC
lala2 said:
Is anyone finding that maths has not come out yet? It's taken so long to the point where I'm starting to think I might've failed (even though it clearly says there it's 'result not available')
According to the maths exam info sheet, results would have been progressively released from Friday 14th. To the best of my knowledge not having your results right about this time is normal, since from my experience, there's usually a slight lag between when the results start getting released and when they appear on MyAdmin. So relax - what will happen will happen.

Regards

Antarctic

Skeeta

HSC
lala2 said:

I'd assume so.

If they remark your exam, (i dont know what the procedure is) what they get may be significantly higher or lower than what you were given. It would be unfair if they only change your mark if they find that you deserved more marks.

elfm

HSC
Skeeta said:
I'd assume so.

If they remark your exam, (i dont know what the procedure is) what they get may be significantly higher or lower than what you were given. It would be unfair if they only change your mark if they find that you deserved more marks.
Who knows if that's right or not. The HSC doesn't mark you down during remarks, so chances are, uni's mightn't either.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
elfm said:
Who knows if that's right or not. The HSC doesn't mark you down during remarks, so chances are, uni's mightn't either.
Worst logic ever. The HSC is different to what universities do. Some subject do mark you down (as per an analogy communicated by a psych tutor: if you appeal we could have had a bad day, if you just failed one assessment by a few marks (thus still being eligible to pass the course), we may reread it and think it's complete crap, especially without other essays to use for comparisson. You could go from a 49% to a 10%)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
lala2 said:

I have 18cp of maths and haven't got any back yet.

elfm

HSC
stazi said:
Worst logic ever.
I believe that in the history of mankind, there has been worse logic used in any shape or form.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
elfm said:
I believe that in the history of mankind, there has been worse logic used in any shape or form.
All bad logic is logically just as bad.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
elfm said:
nope. i wrote history. although, arguably the Bible could feature some of the worst logic known to mankind

nit

HSC
All results back:

CHEM2915-98
PCOL2011-93
BCHM2971-83
SCTP2861-90

An average semester I guess.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

IBUS 3101 International Business Alliances 76.0 Distinction

This means I got something close to 100% in the final exam. For those of you unfamiliar with the subject, it involved an online business strategy simulgaytion in which if you dont do well in week 1 youre pretty much fucked. And we were fucked. Badly. Yay :D So happy. I never thought I'd be happy to see a low D so much, but this is just orsum.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

IBUS 3101 International Business Alliances 76.0 Distinction

This means I got something close to 100% in the final exam. For those of you unfamiliar with the subject, it involved an online business strategy simulgaytion in which if you dont do well in week 1 youre pretty much fucked. And we were fucked. Badly. Yay :D So happy. I never thought I'd be happy to see a low D so much, but this is just orsum.
Have fun travelling as an exchange student next semester!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hahahahha i love you latvia.

and yay, this means i should be able to get a d avg for another semester. *crosses fingers for hd in mktg and d in ibus2101*

stazi

Nightman
HSC
It's funny how satisfying some low marks can be. Like that 76 for ibus3101, and the 65 for ecmt last year. More satisfying than my 90 in mktg2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)